Kim & Co TSV 09/06/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

These 'scarfy' things just don't work as anything other than as a scarf or stole - if you can keep it on ! Once again, they dressed up the poor plus size girl in a bandana, and ankle strap shoes which are always a no no for thicker ankles and legs; then again in too tight cropped trousers and a shorter top that emphasised her tum - not cricket stylists !!!!

These 'scarfy' things just don't work as anything other than as a scarf or stole - if you can keep it on ! Once again, they dressed up the poor plus size girl in a bandana, and ankle strap shoes which are always a no no for thicker ankles and legs; then again in too tight cropped trousers and a shorter top that emphasised her tum - not cricket stylists !!!!

I must agree about the plus size model - Sophia I think it was? I don't know if it was because they seemed to have squeezed her in a size or two smaller than she should be (I really think she would've looked a LOT better in 2XL) but I've rarely seen anyone on the catwalk look that bad! I felt embarrassed for her, poor girl. It can't have helped sell the clothes and it personally put me off it even though I'm only a size 10. Nothing fitted her and it just clung to her every lump and bump making her look twice the size.

I think it's important and i like that they have models in a variety of sizes/shapes - even though it does seem to be all size XS models and a token XL. It would like make much more sense and be so nice to have some models in a 12, 14 and 16 and dress them in their correct sizes!

Never bought any fashion from qvc and don't see that changing any time soon not helped by the fact that they seem to make most everything in 95% polyester and 5% elastase! (Apart from the token viscose-modal ranges which I can't afford!) Oh and I would like an extra 5 inches extra length on most items - the opposite of a petite range!
This 'long' maxi dress is no good for anyone tall.

I was really pleased to finally see a maxi dress in a longer length as a tall girl, but it still isn't long enough, and those armholes really look like they'll make bras visible. Disappointing. Also, £4.99 p&p, deary me, no chance of trying 2 different sizes as its gonna set you back a tenner.

Quality, value, convenience???? I don't think so.

Last edited:
I was really pleased to finally see a maxi dress in a longer length as a tall girl, but it still isn't long enough, and those armholes really look like they'll make bras visible. Disappointing. Also, £4.99 p&p, deary me, no chance of trying 2 different sizes as its gonna set you back a tenner.

Quality, value, convenience???? I don't think so.

I know, I don't understand how or why people would even bother shopping there for clothes with those conditions? I just wait until Long Tall Sally have a sale on and/or a free delivery code and it's always free returns so I can order a couple of sizes of things I like.

Just discovered Tesco clothing do some tall items and I bought a maxi skirt and some gorgeous viscose palazzo pants from their regular range in sale last year and they're both long enough :) Trousers have got a 33" inside leg so happy with those!

I know, I don't understand how or why people would even bother shopping there for clothes with those conditions? I just wait until Long Tall Sally have a sale on and/or a free delivery code and it's always free returns so I can order a couple of sizes of things I like.

Just discovered Tesco clothing do some tall items and I bought a maxi skirt and some gorgeous viscose palazzo pants from their regular range in sale last year and they're both long enough :) Trousers have got a 33" inside leg so happy with those!

Yes I pounce on the Long Tall Sally sales too! Didn't know Tesco dos longer lengths, thanks for the tip!

I agree that it's good to see the clothes on plus size models because I've always felt that Kims clothes are styled for long tall skinny's - and this proves my point!
The cut and style of the TSV does not suit ladies with a fuller figure, and although the plus size model is beautiful..... it really doesn't suit her at all - so thank you QVC for showing us more shapely ladies that this is not styled for us - and I won't be ordering this time.

I agree that it's good to see the clothes on plus size models because I've always felt that Kims clothes are styled for long tall skinny's - and this proves my point!
The cut and style of the TSV does not suit ladies with a fuller figure, and although the plus size model is beautiful..... it really doesn't suit her at all - so thank you QVC for showing us more shapely ladies that this is not styled for us - and I won't be ordering this time.

I've just turned over to catch the beautiful plus size model in it, and it looks absolutely awful as if she'd been poured in. I don't shop with QVC now and when I did I never bought clothes, too expensive for what you get, but if I did, I certainly wouldn't be buying Kim & No.

Then immediately turned back, can't bear either presenters voice.

Just watched the video online, which cuts out before any plus size models turn up. The slim ladies look ok, but even the sight of Kim 'busting' out of hers makes it obvious this dress would be a disaster for anyone carrying a bit of weight.

The poor "plus sized" model or as I like to call her the "more authentic" model looked truly awful in this TSV. Why oh why do Q insist on wearing a size or two too small!!

what size is she though. say shes a 18 the 2xl should fit her not the xl looks like this range runs small. but the plus models always look bad. take joy she did not look great on qvc but in real life looked much slimmer and proprtional.

having seen most of the presenters and some od the models in real life maybe its the qvc cameras to blame

what size is she though. say shes a 18 the 2xl should fit her not the xl looks like this range runs small. but the plus models always look bad. take joy she did not look great on qvc but in real life looked much slimmer and proprtional.

having seen most of the presenters and some od the models in real life maybe its the qvc cameras to blame

Kim's range always runs small on the larger sizes if you ask me. I've about three or four of her dresses bought over the years and I'm an 18 bottom and 20 top and I can't wear anything other than a 3xl. In this I don't reckon that would be a good fit. Makes absolutely no sense as the only other thing I have of her are the denim look leggings. And those I can wear in an L or an XL. How on earth they reckon Kim's clothes will go up to a 24/26 I just don't know.

They squash the poor larger model into smaller clothes because its a marketing thing. They tell us she`s a size 16/18 and fits into an XL so therefore 2XL and 3XL will fit up to a size 26 or thereabouts. If they put the larger model in a 2XL as a size 18 then that diminishes their sales because it would look as if the clothes will only fit up to a size 20 if you get my drift.

. . . . . The cut and style of the TSV does not suit ladies with a fuller figure, and although the plus size model is beautiful..... it really doesn't suit her at all - so thank you QVC for showing us more shapely ladies that this is not styled for us - and I won't be ordering this time.

I think it would probably have looked quite nice if they'd put the poor girl in a size that didn't fit her like a wet suit!

I'm 5'7 with a 42" bust so depending on the make, I range between an 18 and 22. However, I NEVER buy any garment that is supposed to fit a 42", I always size up, which I do with Kim's clothes. I always find her 3XL fit superbly which is generally a 45" bust.

All comments re the plus size girlies are true. Without exception (and fashion range) they always maintain that so and so is a High ST 16/18 and is wearing an XL . I feel embarrassed for the larger models who are poured into their clothes then having to strut their stuff alongside someone with a 'perfect' figure to show off the clothes. Its not only dresses, but trousers and crops also seem to be a disaster, and never get the look right.

They obviously think squeezing the larger models into garments that are too small sells more but I don't think it does. I might have been interested in this TSV - well I was until I saw the plus size model.

I never buy clothes on QVC as mostly they are not my 'thing'.I have bought K&CO trousers in the past & been pleased with them.This dress--a TSV? it can only look good on the reed thin with no lumps & bumps--that must be 1% of the UK population.I don't do sleeveless at my age anyway-- what is QVC customer , like Mrs M&S?.I am 69 & not even that, prefer to buy abroad where we have style without the 'Mutton dressed as Lamb' title.Why do we not have more German brands?

the dress looks awful on all the models-its like a patterned sausage skin and even Kim's own dress was twisting at the top and the armholes riding up!!

I felt very sorry for the plus size model-sack the stylist she looked dreadful, and I think a maxi dress should be nearly at the floor and not above the ankle otherwise it looks very unflattering.

I am glad I waited to see the dress live - did not like the armholes and thought it made Kim look busty. I don't need any help in that department! Money saved.

Latest posts

Back