Kim & Co TSV 07/04/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Um this is either b*tchy or dumb (or both) but is that captain caveman style barnet that Kim always sports, a wig???

I've always suspected that she's worn a wig for years. Perhaps, and I stand to be corrected here, that she could be Jewish (Mendelsson ?) and some Jewish ladies choose to wear wigs in public.

I was thinking that too but also thought she looked ill as from what you could see of her eyes as they were hidden behind the ' hair ' they looked very dark underneath !!
I've always thought she has problems in the way she rambles on with non sense making no sense at all The promo where she says she was always shy until talking about the clothes ..... She sounds like a child repeating what she had heard adults saying about her shyness to justify it because she is aware of her rambling but can't help it
Kim maybe a millionairess but she doesn't seem to have a life outside her business I'vr heard her mention her mother and women who work for her but never a friend and that's sad. !!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've met Kim and she is diffident. I rejoice that the only things I know about her personal life are: the company started in 1988, she lives in Montreal, her mother was a painter.

I was thinking that too but also thought she looked ill as from what you could see of her eyes as they were hidden behind the ' hair ' they looked very dark underneath !!
I've always thought she has problems in the way she rambles on with non sense making no sense at all The promo where she says she was always shy until talking about the clothes ..... She sounds like a child repeating what she had heard adults saying about her shyness to justify it because she is aware of her rambling but can't help it
Kim maybe a millionairess but she doesn't seem to have a life outside her business I'vr heard her mention her mother and women who work for her but never a friend and that's sad. !!

Why is that sad? She probably just wants to keep her private life private! Or she doesn't feel it's relevant to selling clothes and would prefer to talk about the fabric, style, sizes etc. Much more useful info to share when you're in sales....

I agree - there's nothing 'sad' about Kim sticking to discussing her products rather than her personal life. In fact I applaud her for her product knowledge and the way she tries to keep presenter discussions on track about the clothes and not about themselves.

We need more like her - I'm sick of the over-sharing by most of the others... good on Kim for just sticking to floggng her wares.

I did say 'mention' which means giving little detail in a few words !! Wasn't asking for her life story!!

I did say 'mention' which means giving little detail in a few words !! Wasn't asking for her life story!!

I don't watch but I know what you mean, it must seem a stark contrast to the other presenters who give every detail of their life out on air right down to what colour knickers they've got on, no seriously, Chuntley before today has actually told you what colour knickers she's got on, and it wasn't even a shapewear show. :mysmilie_13:

One thing I appreciate about the North American guests - they are all business. Most are charming with it but they have a very low tolerance for presenters waffling about rubbish. If Kim doesn't want to weave her life into her sales pitch, why should she? I've more respect for those who don't than those who do, personally.

One thing I appreciate about the North American guests - they are all business. Most are charming with it but they have a very low tolerance for presenters waffling about rubbish. If Kim doesn't want to weave her life into her sales pitch, why should she? I've more respect for those who don't than those who do, personally.

I agree - why should she 'mention' friends etc? She's there to flog her clothes not tell us about her private life.

She's great at remembering fabric composition, measurements and even product codes - very professional IMO.

I know she is hyper and her voice would cut steel but I can forgive her all that because she knows her product - no "and what are we calling this" nonsense with Miss Kimmy.

Yesterday Jackie K and guest spent ages showing us a photograph of the distributor (not designer, not producer but the bleeding distributor) and the mother of someone famous (so famous I've forgotten who it was!) but not a word about the product they were flogging. Grr

I agree, I applaud her for knowing her own products but she shouldn't get a slap on the back for it, that should come as standard. The problem is many are QVC own brands of clothing so they need a "brand" ambassador" to talk about them, well let's face it a warehouse in China can't do it. I remember in the old days when it was just the presenter, they described the clothes, sizes, feel of the garment and no waffling, just describing.

Latest posts

Back