Kim & Co Fashion TSV 01/08/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Good grief!
I've just watched the video. If that floral one had yellow & cream flowers instead of pink it would be a dead ringer for the old Plumbs stretch cover that's on the ancient Chesterfield sofa in our kitchen.
When Kim stretched it, I thought yes, that's exactly how it is when I'm tugging it back on after a turn in the washer.

It's a bit obvious that JF has fastened the maternity smock up at the back isn't it. Kim should have got her to do a strut & twirl like the models! At least Kim wears her stuff as it comes.

I get more & more convinced that JF is Iggy Pop's twin sister farmed out at birth. She's a bit vain for such an ugly woman don't you think?

Response from Q re Jill Franks clipping her TSV top. They didnt have Jill's size available ! !....

What a load of baloney .If you look you can see the shoulders and sleeves fit JF very snugly ,its the horrible maternity look she has tried to avoid .

They have let the studio know they say. hmmm.

I have emailed them back saying the above ,also the fact Kim and presenters are always telling us if our size is not available the next size will do, in effect if Jill didnt have her size she still should have left it loose so we could see what it looks like in the next size.

Any way its just a minion replying so I doubt anything will be done.

Last edited:
Is Kim trying to outdo Diane Gilman with trouser stock ? perhaps its just me, but every time I've tuned in, she's pulling and tugging every different combination and colour of trouser known to man. Trousers are THE most boring fashion item to be described, and the most difficult to fit. I know where I am with bust size, but hips and waists on trousers can be a minefield, and who outside of London wears cropped or tight fitting trousers with killer heels as the models do ? More's the point, how many of us on this site mince about in (or are able to) wear 5" heels with casual wear ?

Response from Q re Jill Franks clipping her TSV top. They didnt have Jill's size available ! !....

What a load of baloney .If you look you can see the shoulders and sleeves fit JF very snugly ,its the horrible maternity look she has tried to avoid .

They have let the studio know they say. hmmm.

I have emailed them back saying the above ,also the fact Kim and presenters are always telling us if our size is not available the next size will do, in effect if Jill didnt have her size she still should have left it loose so we could see what it looks like in the next size.

Any way its just a minion replying so I doubt anything will be done.
QVC saying that the reason Jill had clipped the top at the back was because they didn't have her size is rubbish.The TSV video launch is still there and if you watch it back from about 45 seconds onwards you can hear Kim say that one of the models is wearing the navy floral version in a size small and that Jill is wearing the same print but in an extra small. I agree that it fits Jill correctly on arms and shoulders, it's just that she didn't want to wear it loose because that's not her style. Well I'm sorry Jill but you are selling to a buying audience who want to see the real way it is going to look not your distorted version and Q's answer is a cop out IMO.

QVC saying that the reason Jill had clipped the top at the back was because they didn't have her size is rubbish.The TSV video launch is still there and if you watch it back from about 45 seconds onwards you can hear Kim say that one of the models is wearing the navy floral version in a size small and that Jill is wearing the same print but in an extra small. I agree that it fits Jill correctly on arms and shoulders, it's just that she didn't want to wear it loose because that's not her style. Well I'm sorry Jill but you are selling to a buying audience who want to see the real way it is going to look not your distorted version and Q's answer is a cop out IMO.

I'm annoyed about it and wonder if there is any point in complaining to the ASA. It is misrepresentation and the fact JF clearly doesn't like the style on her.

Not sure Jill likes much, if any, of QVC's offerings. She certainly doesn't suit them when she wears them.

The majority of the dresses, which a number of other presenters like to wear (Claire Sutton, Catherine Huntley, Alison Keenan, Julia Roberts in particular) require a bit more of a figure (bust) than Jill has.

Increasingly QVC female presenters are appearing on our screens in QVC's "fashions" and unfortunately many of them do not look well in QVC's fashions (however much some of them love the stuff - Debbie Flint). So far, they do not appear to be forced into wearing the footwear... which is ironic. All these models (and presenters) wearing wholly inappropriate footwear for the clothes - unless it's emus, Clarks or Skechers, it seems to be stratospheric heels or high wedges all the way.

I'm annoyed about it and wonder if there is any point in complaining to the ASA. It is misrepresentation and the fact JF clearly doesn't like the style on her.
I think the TSV launch video will dissapear quite quickly if QVC read this forum. If enough people complain it just might make a difference, but I haven't even had a reply to my email about it so I'm not sure that one complaint to ASA would make a change to bulldog-gate.

Last edited:
I think the TSV launch video will dissapear quite quickly if QVC read this forum. If enough people complain it just might make a difference, but I haven't even had a reply to my email about it so I'm not sure that one complaint to ASA would make a change to bulldog-gate.[/

It's not the first time JF has been seen doing this .She is very vain.

I would veer away from 'standard', as she's nothing like the 50 plus women that I know (and I know plenty)

She's quite obviously not 'standard': QVC wouldn't choose 'standard' for a presenter, after all. 'Standard' is more Ideal World.

You might as well claim that the 5'11" models like Charlotte, Goody, Sharon etc are 'standard'. A total mystery to me why they insist on using models 5-6" taller than average (apart from the obvious point that the clothes look better on them) and then have to say with each item that "of course, our models are very tall so if you're more of a normal height this'll hit you below the knee".. Just use more representative models, QVC, and then you wouldn't have this problem!

Last edited:
I don't think she's ugly - she's a standard 50+ woman who likes to keep fit.

I didn't say she was a standard 50 year old - I qualified it plus it was a response to someone calling her ugly.

IMO Jill is similar to thousands of women along the London commuter belt who are affluent, take time to keep themselves fit and have the money to buy in help for chores etc.

I think she looks fine for her age - yes, she has lines but she is over 50 so that's inevitable. She also has the physique of a runner so has very little fat to plump out the skin. So what?

I stand by my view that she is not ugly.

She's quite obviously not 'standard': QVC wouldn't choose 'standard' for a presenter, after all. 'Standard' is more Ideal World.

You might as well claim that the 5'11" models like Charlotte, Goody, Sharon etc are 'standard'. A total mystery to me why they insist on using models 5-6" taller than average (apart from the obvious point that the clothes look better on them) and then have to say with each item that "of course, our models are very tall so if you're more of a normal height this'll hit you below the knee".. Just use more representative models, QVC, and then you wouldn't have this problem!

I suspect there is no way whatsoever that QVC will go for models who accurately represent their demographic. They are firmly anchored in their "aspirational lifestyle" approach to everything. If that means name-dropping slebs or zlebs who are verging on lollipop-headed in their quest to be a size zero, then the models are far more likely to reflect that.

QVC do seem to be able to show some of what's "on trend" to use that ghastly phrase, as you see stuff in the shops that is not a million miles from what is on QVC... but the vast majority of wearable stuff on the [dreaded] high street seems to totally pass QVC by.

There is way too much in synthetic fabrics, in head-ache inducingly loud patterns. Nothing wrong with breathable synthetics, but so much they do isn't... and their demographic (as opposed to their dream customer) are enjoying the delights of personal heatwaves and the like. Where are the affordable viscose and modals mixed with cotton? Where are the smarter, more tailored items? Where are the fitted (as opposed to clinging) items? Where are the cleverly coordinated separates that enable you to build a flexible wardrobe (no, Michele Hope does not count)? Where are the thoughtfully curated accessories (shoes, bags, scarves, jewellery) showcased with the fashions?

Yes, they do periodic sessions of Fashion on Wednesday with Kathy Tayler, which started out that way but has veered more towards featuring a brand (so making it very little different to all the other shows)... yes there's Julia Roberts' Fashion on Friday which has also moved into featuring a specific brand... and yes, they do their catwalk seasonal shows. This should be the norm... so that a single-brand show is a special event (and should still, in my view, be a fully styled show with all the products modeled available to order not just the ones being verbally rammed down our throats). QVC has a unique, regular opportunity to take a set of items and show you how you can wear it, and what you could pair it with to create different looks. Yet they just don't do it. Then they get ridiculous rentagobs telling us about wearing x or y with a little pump, or a skinny tailored trouser, or a crisp white shirt (none of which are available on QVC). All those sales opportunities just flying out the window while they flog yet another variation of the same thing in polyester.

This is an area where not always having the brand ambassador around would be very helpful...

They can't really do such shows as I imagine they could do well, because they just don't have enough variety in the "fashion" offerings, as all of them are offering pretty much the same stuff but at different price-points.

I'll climb back off my soap box now, and simply observe that the single range they do where this is addressed to a certain extent is Marla Wynne's shows. The lady does jewellery, and her pieces are designed to be worn with each other, and are styled that way even on QVC (I wonder how hard Marla had to push for that). Either they need to ensure the brands they stock are offering a wider range of garments, or better still begin mixing it up more on the shows.

One advantage of fashion shows which could only feature QVC products would be the end to the "get me a ladder, I'm wearing my stillettos" shoes with jeans.

Who`d want to aspire to be any of them off Q ? None of them have an ounce of dress sense, they have a so called beauty expert who can`t even apply her own makeup properly, most of them resemble having dressed in the dark, their individual looks ( can`t call it style ) are a cross between Ginger Spice, Cpt Jack Sparrow, old lady from the poem When I grow old I shall wear purple or from an advert for a starvation diet plan.
None of them ooze personality or even likeability, most are so far up their own backsides they`re wearing them as hats and almost everything they say is more crooked than a dog`s hind leg. Even their family weddings or christenings aren`t even sacrosanct but just an excuse to flog more furry capes or eeek jewellery.
You see people bemoaning the fact that their "aspirational" clothes/skincare/jewellery or whatever isn`t on EP and complaining how their life is ruined because they`ve missed out on a tsv or payday is still 2 weeks away and you can almost hear them stamping their feet in an almost tantrum. The only thing QVC do to encourage people to aspire to anything is to encourage them to buy lots of crap and overpriced rubbish and if you can`t afford it then just whack it on EP and let us have first grabs on your money even before you`ve earned it.

Good posts MML and Vienna

Q fashion - in all areas, the clothes, the models, the ambassadors needs a complete overhaul. Agree with everything that MML said about prints and polyester, its dire. The models they are-a-changing, and some look really weird in their vertiginous heels and corkscrew hairstyles or are plus size and look ****** awful in their outfits on the runway. The ambassadors are almost over the cliff in their attempt at being 'edgy' - the Logo stylist (yelp!) and Ingrid who just layers everything - pity they don't cover her head.

The patter is always the same, wedding, cruise, bar b q, school run, desk to dinner, regardless of the clothing - and none of which applies to me. I'd be more in the category of a Dawn & Jennifer spoof, flopped on the sofa, walking the dog or feeding myself at the worktops !!

I suspect there is no way whatsoever that QVC will go for models who accurately represent their demographic. They are firmly anchored in their "aspirational lifestyle" approach to everything. If that means name-dropping slebs or zlebs who are verging on lollipop-headed in their quest to be a size zero, then the models are far more likely to reflect that.

One advantage of fashion shows which could only feature QVC products would be the end to the "get me a ladder, I'm wearing my stillettos" shoes with jeans.

Good post, MML - I couldn't agree with this more.

I think it's unforgivable for Jill to wear the tsv with a clip on the back therefore misrepresenting the item. No one is going to buy the item and wear it with a clip on the back at home fair enough to accessorise or wear in an alternative way to the norm for instance Chloe often seems to wear tops back to front but makes it clear that she has done so. There was no reason that Jill couldn't have worn a belt over the top so it was a more fitted style like one of the models did which did look quite good. If Jill isn't prepared to wear items without adapting them and misrepresenting them, then she should not present clothing shows at all.

I think it's unforgivable for Jill to wear the tsv with a clip on the back therefore misrepresenting the item. No one is going to buy the item and wear it with a clip on the back at home fair enough to accessorise or wear in an alternative way to the norm for instance Chloe often seems to wear tops back to front but makes it clear that she has done so. There was no reason that Jill couldn't have worn a belt over the top so it was a more fitted style like one of the models did which did look quite good. If Jill isn't prepared to wear items without adapting them and misrepresenting them, then she should not present clothing shows at all.
Couldn't agree more. She did the same thing with a Together top.

She's only concerned at how she looks in the monitor. Last night she asked the 'Wow' demonstrator a question, then the camera caught her turning her back as he answered, to look in the monitor, the camera quickly panned onto the chap giving the answer. She doesn't even focus on what she's asking.

Latest posts

Back