Ken Paves Colour Selection

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Akimbo

Fluffy
we've always had a moan about QVC inventing their own colour descriptions when the vendor already has a perfectly adequate system for naming their different shades and KP's hair pieces are no exception. I wish they'd use his shade names which are printed on the packaging.

But what really drive me mad are the photographs of the colours they always rely on, photos which bare little resemblance to the actual hair pieces. They're using modles with different hair colour and they have a table with various pieces so I wish they would run through the colours holding up an actual hair piece like they do on Ideal World. I feel for anyone wanting to try a grey option because the photos are awful.

How difficult would it be to run thru a swatch of each hair colour at regular intervals throughout the presentations?

Jude xx

i agree and always think the same thing during bare minerals shows - show us the product for pete's sake, not a picture! they don't hold up a card with colours on for fashion - surely hair colour is far more important?!

My thoughts exactly - a photo is no good, may as well buy off the internet. IW do come into their own on this, at least we get shown the full range of colours either by swatch or the full wig on stands.

It would be useful to find different models to show other colour.s Unless your own hair matches Beulah, Amanda or the one with dark brown hair you'll never see an actual hairpiece held against a real head of hair. I could probably wear 2 or 3 different colours but why should I have to order more than one to determine the best match? Also it makes little economic sense for them not to minimise returns!

Jude xx

Ken put JF in the bump up pony tail - the colour was completely wrong for her reddish hair.

Not buying the TSV several of my older hairpieces look a bit like it anyway - a matted hamster.

Last edited:
WARNING!. The reviews for this TSV on the US site are not good at all. The main criticism is that it's a dated crimped style and a lot of people say it resembles dog hair.

I'm not tempted as I don't like the crimped effect.
But I so agree about the colour selection. Why can't they show an example of each colour, even without a model with the same colour. They can do it with pearls on Honora & this is more I mportant for a colour match.
My hair is blonde, a very white blonde, not dyed. Would quite fancy a scrunchy type thing to put it up easily but no idea if the so called " light grey" would be a suitable platinum shade or really grey. The light blonde they did show is too yellow.
It's a useless way of selling hair pieces.

I agree it is so fustrating! I have wanted one of these for ages but have always been put of by deciding which colour I am. My hair (which is not dyed btw) is a sort of light brown/Dark Blonde but with a hint of red. I think I am going to go for Dark Blonde and If I get 2 I may try the dark golden blonde too.

I have found looking at the presenters has helped. JF on last night wore Red Blonde and it was NOTHING like the photo and to give her credit she kept saying so. I am watching TOVA now and Kathy has in Light Red Brown and one of the browns (can't remember whether it is light or mid brown) and they seem quite dark to me. I will wait until the midday show until I make my final decision

I said on another thread a couple of days ago it's easy if you're a brunette. Is yer hair black? No. Then buy the dark brown. Although to be fair there are more brunette shades in the TSV so perhaps someone's trying to shut me up.

I have the original style a do. Marvellous. And so easy. But you really only need the one. Mine's a few years old and still looks fine. It's stretched a bit so I whirl it round a third time instead of two.

Wish they would make each piece in each colour. I like a piece and then it doesn't come in grey! Am sure Nikia, dark-skinned model, was hearing-impaired and Ken was signing to her. Please, grey-haired models too, Mr Ken!!! Not everyone colours their hair.

Well I was quite liking the idea of a matching hair scrunchie, but did take a look at the reviews on the US site. Not so wonderful and they are asking just $19! Not quite so keen on the other pieces, the full fringe and that crinkle cut pony tail, not so natural looking...imo.

Wrt to showing all the colour choices live, Debbie was asking for viewers to 'tweet' her.

You are quite right Tinkerbelle - 1 is quite enough - I was being seduced by the presentation. I have just bought the Dark Blonde - I hope it will "blend" ok. Ken did say that lighter at the end is the "in thing" so it better be or I will look like a bit of a pillock and it'll be going back!

You are quite right Tinkerbelle - 1 is quite enough - I was being seduced by the presentation. I have just bought the Dark Blonde - I hope it will "blend" ok. Ken did say that lighter at the end is the "in thing" so it better be or I will look like a bit of a pillock and it'll be going back!

My hair it dyed but even so it's always lighter on the ends. I pin it up with and without the style a doofer so I just live with the lighter ends.

I didn't see him do her hair from start to finish but there is a style a doofer that's a bug one and a little one.

My hair it dyed but even so it's always lighter on the ends. I pin it up with and without the style a doofer so I just live with the lighter ends.

I didn't see him do her hair from start to finish but there is a style a doofer that's a bug one and a little one.

He did Debbie's hair for the Tova show using 2 of the TSV scrunchies (not the correct product name) but it different colours

Dammit- I've already ordered- have loved most of the KP items I've ordered so far, but looking at this one in the cold light of day without the pinot grigio, it does look a bit manky- think it might be winging its way back!!!

I have always fancied the idea of a clip in fringe, but the colour choices are a bit confusing and the thought of getting it totally wrong puts me off ordering.

For anyone familiar with the Hothair colours, and is a fairly mid blonde colour, Kens light blonde is labeled as Golden Wheat on the packet which is what I bought a scrunchie in from IW.

It's no wonder people get confused is it! If you're mid blonde, you want light blonde which happens to be golden wheat! Thank heavens I'm a brunette and when I bought mine is was black or dark brown and my hair isn't black. I'd like to see the black as he reckons there are eleven (or whatever number he rattles off) shades in that. I'd like to know it is has any brown in it at all.

Latest posts

Back