Kelly Hoppen - November Newsletter

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DunmowDizzy

Registered Shopper
Just received my November newsletter to mail mail box and was immediately stunned by the photo of Kelly Hoppen. It is unrecognisable! Has she been airbrushed out of all recognition or is it a new photo taken after recent work done?

I really hope it's just overdone airbrushing.

Who knows? She's as boring as her dreary, overpriced bedspreads! I'm sure as winter beckons we're going to have a KH TSV which will no doubt include a something in a plum colour (with a subtle leaf pattern in the weave) or something in "celeron" grey with a honeycomb effect. Only £299.99 for the double. If you like, you can get some sheets with a 9million thread count in "arctic almond" with "bergamont" edging!

I've just opened that email and, to me, it looks like a bad Photoshop job! If not, she needs to sue the surgeon!

I always delete it, without opening it, so haven't seen the photo. Should unsubscribe, really.

Talking of Kelly Hoppen, which we almost were. I wonder if any forum members buy her bedding from QVC. I love it but am appalled at the quality. The price is high so I would expect the quality to be the same, but the last two sets I've bought, on first wash all the stitching on the duvet covers has come apart and leaves gaping, fraying sections. I know they could be stitched, but for the price I paid, I don't expect to have to do running repairs. I might just understand if I've mistreated them but they were washed in a gentle 30 degree cycle. I would like to have a moan somewhere but it's frowned upon on the Facebook QVC pages so wonder if I ought to contact Kelly Hoppen direct to tell her how disappointed I am in the quality. Can anyone give me any advice as to where to address my displeasure. I did see that the things were made in China so wonder if she gets them made on the cheap and then charges exorbitant prices.

Her stuff is now made by Q in some factory, it is just her name on it.

Although I say "just" I would have thought in business your name is your most important asset and to devalue it by selling letting Q produce substandard goods in your name is a tad shortsighted.

I have always loved the look but if the quality isn't there you can achieve the look with cheaper brands.

Talking of Kelly Hoppen, which we almost were. I wonder if any forum members buy her bedding from QVC. I love it but am appalled at the quality. The price is high so I would expect the quality to be the same, but the last two sets I've bought, on first wash all the stitching on the duvet covers has come apart and leaves gaping, fraying sections. I know they could be stitched, but for the price I paid, I don't expect to have to do running repairs. I might just understand if I've mistreated them but they were washed in a gentle 30 degree cycle. ......

Good quality bedding should stand up to the rigours of normal wash cycles & it is after all, designed to be used on a daily basis!
I have what might be termed expensive bedding, it can be washed at 60 degrees & chucked in the tumble dryer on low, though I have thrown it in on hot on occasions, it's virtually indestructible!

:nod:

For all QVC presenters of NN and KH bedding decry the dreaded high street, and belittle the threadcount on offer, I find the quality of the cotton - the smoothness and the weight - to be far superior to NN (which I have tried), and I dare say also KH.

You can get fantastic bedlinens without breaking the bank by waiting for the sales... which are fast upon us.

Once bitten twice shy with the QVC cotton bedlinen, I'm afraid. I'm waiting for someone on the high street to make really nice quality microfleece and plush bedlinens, then Cozee Home no more, if the experience of lower quality mentioned on the CH thread is reflective of where things are heading.

I wonder what QVC think justifies the Q standing for Quality sometimes... Or maybe the Q stands for something else these days???

For all QVC presenters of NN and KH bedding decry the dreaded high street, and belittle the threadcount on offer, I find the quality of the cotton - the smoothness and the weight - to be far superior to NN (which I have tried), and I dare say also KH.

You can get fantastic bedlinens without breaking the bank by waiting for the sales... which are fast upon us.

Once bitten twice shy with the QVC cotton bedlinen, I'm afraid. I'm waiting for someone on the high street to make really nice quality microfleece and plush bedlinens, then Cozee Home no more, if the experience of lower quality mentioned on the CH thread is reflective of where things are heading.

I wonder what QVC think justifies the Q standing for Quality sometimes... Or maybe the Q stands for something else these days???

Marks now have a micro fleece range but I can't comment on the quality as Mr L refuses to even try it.

Latest posts

Back