Kelly Hoppen Frosted Fox Faux Fur Throw TSV 18/11/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DD bought two throws from BHS recently, one for her room and the other for our kittens (can't think from whom she gets her soppiness!) :mysmilie_515:

Both lovely quality and had 50% off http://www.bhs.co.uk/en/bhuk/category/home-lighting-furniture-2565866/throws-bedspreads-2518933

Wow I like those furry ones - so they are £60. We'll have a see what KH is offering. Dry clean is absolutely useless in my house as my throws get washed weekly thanks to dear doggie who has a blanket fetish. ****** hell, I've just noticed he's on the Christmas fleece - is nothing sacred :mysmilie_865:

CC

There are some lovely fur throws on the BHS site and good prices. Thanks for pointing those out, Akimbo. I forget about BHS, probably because I never go anywhere they have one. If I don't go for the KH throw tomorrow, I will definitely investigate the BHS ones further.

I bought 3 Catherine Lansfield throws from QVC when they were in clearance, some time ago. They wash up well and just keep going strong so no KH for me.

I didn't know Catherine Lansfield had ever been on QVC. I'd never heard of the brand but they had Cozee Home "long-haired" throws in various colours last year and when I shopped around for similar, I came across what I think were identical ones on Amazon and they were Catherine Lansfield. I am certain they were made by the same people as measurements, colours, etc (even the slight shininess in the pile) were exactly the same. I think I paid about £20 from Amazon and the Cozee ones were nearer £30 inc P&P at QVC.

Must have been a few years back now AndiK as I got one for my dad when he had an afternoon nap on the settee. It was one of those brands that didn't last very long on QVC and when I bought them didn't pay more than £25 each, including the p&p

Must have been a few years back now AndiK as I got one for my dad when he had an afternoon nap on the settee. It was one of those brands that didn't last very long on QVC and when I bought them didn't pay more than £25 each, including the p&p

That would make sense. I only ever used to buy beauty products and the odd bit of jewellery from QVC so would not have even looked at soft furnishings and can see how I missed the Catherine Lansfield stuff. The price you paid sounds good.

Kelly Hoppen Frosted Fox Faux Fur Throw
Item Number: 804390
QVC Price £61.00
Today's Special Value Price £49.92
P&P £5.95

This luxurious faux fur throw by Kelly Hoppen has a frosted tip finish and comes in a choice of two beautiful colours, so you can select the right hue to match your home. The ideal accessory to bring a little seasonal chic into your bedroom, this cosy and soft bed throw will add an elegant finish to your decor.

Shades to suit your style - ideal for those who prefer cooler tones, the Silver Grey really complements white, powder blues and grey bed linen, while the warmer taupe looks gorgeous with neutral and blush linens.

Face: 82% acrylic, 18% polyester; reverse: 100% polyester
Dry clean only
Measures: 200 x 150cm (78.7" x 59")

Contains:

1 x Frosted Fox Faux Fur Throw

Colour options:

Silver Grey - mixed grey and white
Taupe - mixed brown and white

Behind the brand
One of the UK’s leading interior designers, Kelly Hoppen's contemporary and stylish designs are popular with celebrities all over the world. Her range - created especially for QVC - includes fine linens, cushions and accent pieces.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.804390

£49.92 plus £5.95 P&P. I would just get it but it is dry clean only so I'm going to be paying many times the purchase price over the life of the throw. I would normally watch the midnight launch to make my mind up but it's DF presenting.

I'm looking at the presentation. KH hair looks shorter. DF in what is probabbly an Antthony top.

Throw in the flesh doesn't look as nice at all. Bit disappointed in it. There are some intriguing items though on that BHS link!

I love the colour of the grey one, but they don't look as nice as I thought they might. The brown (sorry, TAUPE) one looks sort of greasy, a bit like my dog's fur when he's rolled in something unspeakable...

I love the colour of the grey one, but they don't look as nice as I thought they might. The brown (sorry, TAUPE) one looks sort of greasy, a bit like my dog's fur when he's rolled in something unspeakable...

That's it exactly!

I couldn't quite articulate it, but yes, smell came into my thoughts as I looked at it. I would say that the fur is a bit too long in fact. Absolutely zero chance I would enjoy having it in my home.

Wow I like those furry ones - so they are £60. We'll have a see what KH is offering. Dry clean is absolutely useless in my house as my throws get washed weekly thanks to dear doggie who has a blanket fetish. ****** hell, I've just noticed he's on the Christmas fleece - is nothing sacred :mysmilie_865:

CC

Same with me .Dry cleaning is no good because of the dog smells . You can try and keep it away from the dog but given half a chance they will settle on it.The Alison Cork version is dry clean but I put it through the washing machine and it comes out OK .

To be honest I don't use it much because although its good quality its heavy and I think would look good in a large space draped over the back of a very large imposing sofa which I haven't got.

if you can wash the alison cork one you should be able to wash the kh one as they are made by qvc i imagine

So they have the taupe one but £56 inc P&P is a bit too much - especially if you can't wash it. I haven't looked at it on the TV yet but I might just not look. If there were easy pays I probably would have had a sniff but I think I can put that cash to better use. I really don't need another blanket. Repeat, I really don't . . . .

CC

PS had a look on Amazon and the posh blankets like KH's are all around the £60 or so mark - some more than that, so maybe this is a good price.

None of the options on today's TSV float my boat at all, and no offence to anyone who likes this kind of thing, but I don't like faux fur or definitely not real fur on a bed, I think it's not gracious I think it's tatty, it may look good on KH's celebrity mansions, etc but not on our more humble homes.
I think it's awful, so will give this a miss.

So they have the taupe one but £56 inc P&P is a bit too much - especially if you can't wash it. I haven't looked at it on the TV yet but I might just not look. If there were easy pays I probably would have had a sniff but I think I can put that cash to better use. I really don't need another blanket. Repeat, I really don't . . . .

CC

PS had a look on Amazon and the posh blankets like KH's are all around the £60 or so mark - some more than that, so maybe this is a good price.

I seen a couple on Amazon yesterday for £42 free p&p, they must've gone, not that I would've bought anyway, I actually learned to make, sorry dress, my bed about forty years ago, the only fur allowed on our bed is our cats.

I thought KH was embarrassed by this TSV - its awful - too hairy, dry clean only, too expensive. Wouldn't think KH would give this house room ...

My money is safe, everything about KH and her products are Beige to me...:yawn:

I was hoping it would have gone by the time I got in from work but it's still there. I must not cave in, I must not cave in.

I just looked at the Alison Cork blanket on QVC and I quite like that as well. It's on waitlist so I may join the queue.

CC

Latest posts

Back