Kelly Hoppen Frosted Fox Faux Fur Throw TSV 18/11/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My cats would love that - especially the 'pensioner' who loves a bit of luxury in her old age.

Something different .Yay.

I have a very similar throw I got last year from Alison Cork on Q. I probably won't buy this one but depends on the price.Maybe ill buy the cushion........

It is indeed a lovely throw. John Lewis were selling similar ones last year for about £180.
I bought a cheap one which is more patterned and the fur is a lot shorter for £15 from Matelan last week. I am happy with it even though it is not as nice.

I really like this but I am completely over-thrown with throws (see what I did there?!)

I have been waiting for a bedding tsv that I like. I have one KH set which is a lovely, simple design. The most recent ones have had KH or unsightly (imo) patterns on them.

I have to say though, as lovely as it is, it doesn't compare very well to my Northern Nights set in the same thread count (forget what it is). There is no mention of KH anywhere - maybe an issue for the label conscious, but am not bothered, just an observation - and has discoloured really quickly (all-white bedding).

I may hold out for a NN bedding tsv thinking about it, as long as they do a white option. Must not buy another throw which will end up in the cupboard or adopted by the cats!

I'm not too impressed with the quality of Kelly Hoppen as I've had to return two bed sets after the stitching on the duvet covers of two of them came undone after the first wash - and I washed properly as per the instructions. Although she proudly states the Britishness of her brand, her things are made in China. I do love the look of her bedding but for the price, I expect them to hold out longer than one wash before falling apart.

I got the Ikat bed spread about a year ago and was surprised at the way it pilled very badly especially on the shiny side.its currently waiting to be taken to the local dump for recycling. It looked fantastic to start with but I would say is only for decorative purposes not for any sort of family use.

Ooooh, I see my saved cash will very soon be un-saved. I love that but I'd quite like it in a brown colour rather than grey. We'll see what they have. I'm only looking mind you. I can see the dog casting off his freshly laundered slanket and making off with this one :mysmilie_1:

CC

Ooooh, I see my saved cash will very soon be un-saved. I love that but I'd quite like it in a brown colour rather than grey. We'll see what they have. I'm only looking mind you. I can see the dog casting off his freshly laundered slanket and making off with this one :mysmilie_1:

CC

The matching cushion comes in silver grey or taupe so you may be in luck with the throw too?

http://www.qvcuk.com/Kelly-Hoppen-H...t.804391.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-7-_-804391

They seem to have used the same photo but just artificially coloured the cushion so it's really hard to tell what the shades are like though. The silver looks blue.

the thought of fur and my menapausal sweats is making me sweat:sweat:

I get like that when people write in praise of that fleecy bedding. And last week a friend told me she never sleeps without her 14.5 tog duvet come winter or summer! I felt a bit over-heated then too.

I don't like it - too hairy.
I got a king size plush blanket from Costco last week, and it's lush! I think it was £18.

Hmmm the furrier and warmer the better for me. I get cold. I may have to have a look tonight when it first comes on in case they have two colours and mine goes. Do I need another blanket?? I've been good recently but I may cave in.

CC

I know I'll be tempted but am waiting to see how much it is and what the colours are like. The other thing is, I am very much put off when things are dry-clean only, especially things that get a lot of use, ie not just decorative on the back of a sofa. The matching cushion is dry-clean only so the throw probably will be. I don't fancy having to pay £8-10 at the cleaners all the time.

DD bought two throws from BHS recently, one for her room and the other for our kittens (can't think from whom she gets her soppiness!) :mysmilie_515:

Both lovely quality and had 50% off http://www.bhs.co.uk/en/bhuk/category/home-lighting-furniture-2565866/throws-bedspreads-2518933
Wow I saw these when they were full price. They are very nice. Unfortunately I have bought an inferior quality one full price for £18 in the last week from Matalan. I suppose the only good thing about mine is that it is lighter and will do Autumn, winter and spring. I live in a much warmer flat now. I am using mine every evening. The slanket is on the bottom of my bed keeping my feet warm.

I bought 3 Catherine Lansfield throws from QVC when they were in clearance, some time ago. They wash up well and just keep going strong so no KH for me.

Latest posts

Back