Kathy's new morning show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DebraJane

Registered Shopper
Kathy Taylor is starting a new morning show where she will be talking to fashion experts and helping us to pull a wardrobe together (10:00 Wednesday I think). She seems to be going down the same route that Lorraine Kelly did with GMTV - good luck to her I'm sure she'll be brilliant.

I think i remember her doing the after 9 slot on GMTV. Have to agree with Tinks , if its Q clothes they may have to re think the use of the word "fashion"

I'm relieved it's Kathy who's been chosen to do this show..imagine the "slant" if Jill Franks (cold shoulder), Julia (toe-post), Claire (Margot Leadbetter floral maxi), Charlie (twin set), Simon (floral shirts), Ali Young ( colour blocking? er make that colour bollocking) were presenting it!

Jude xx

I really like Kathy but i have to disagree. Im not sure she is the right choice for such a show. She is a self confessed to boy and doesnt seem to be that into fashion. I suppose that leaves room for improvement - the aim of the show??

I really cant watch the advert for the show - i think the dress with black sides and coral panel looks hideous on her!

Having said all that i like her and wish her well!

Kathy is a really down to earth presenter but she'd be more comfortable wearing dungarees. Let's face it she knows nothing about fashion. I'm thinking Zara in the dreaded high street. Can we see her in there?

Well I miss this due to being at work.I like Kathy..I want to like Kathy...I hope she manages to pull it off.

I have seen her ads for this and I do have to say I like the pink lace? top she wears? round wide neck?

I've looked at all the usual suspects..Michele Hope,Dreamkeeper even the fashion that was on yesterday?? Any ideas??

I don't know which range its from but she wore it during a show at the end of last week. Might be one of the fashion ranges on the schedule for Thursday or Friday.

probably the worst person on qvc to be giving fashion advice to prospective customers, & if she has the knowledge of what suites what body shape etc , she seriously hasn't put that knowledge into practice in the past regarding her own clothing :dull:

Ah bless Kathy, she seems a sweat heart but she's definitely a geezer bird, the only outfit she looks at home in in the promo is the leather biker jacket and jeans she wears while 'meeting' Ali for a glass of wine.

To be honest Lorraine Kelly got it wrong so many times on GMTV but it didn't do her any harm and she's another really nice presenter. I don't think Kathy is going into this as an expert, I think she's there to learn as we learn with her. She's likely to ask the questions we'd want to know answers to not bore everyone into submission with the sound of her own voice like some of them would.

I think I'm going to have to tape this to see how she does.

yoAt least she is real woman age and shape.

think the problem has been Q clothes and squeezed into a far too small a size in the past, however now that she has lost some weight they might actually fit.

Must say the groomed hair is a big big improvement - much as I like her she looked like an exploision in a mattress factory at times.
Does anyone else think the forehead is a bit smooth to be au natural?

To be honest Lorraine Kelly got it wrong so many times on GMTV but it didn't do her any harm and she's another really nice presenter. I don't think Kathy is going into this as an expert, I think she's there to learn as we learn with her. She's likely to ask the questions we'd want to know answers to not bore everyone into submission with the sound of her own voice like some of them would.

I think I'm going to have to tape this to see how she does.

I'm with you there DJ..Kathy's just ordinary and likely to ask the sort of things we'd ask ourselves I reckon..I think she'd be a good pal to go clothes shopping with actually...honest opinion!

I really like Kathy but i have to disagree. Im not sure she is the right choice for such a show. She is a self confessed to boy and doesnt seem to be that into fashion. I suppose that leaves room for improvement - the aim of the show??

I really cant watch the advert for the show - i think the dress with black sides and coral panel looks hideous on her!

Having said all that i like her and wish her well!

I thought the same thing when I saw it Nikki, it makes her look bigger than what she actually is!

I thought the same thing when I saw it Nikki, it makes her look bigger than what she actually is!
It doesn't just make her look bigger Nora it gives us a really strange shape, not flattering at all. I wonder whose dress it is?

I'm relieved it's Kathy who's been chosen to do this show..imagine the "slant" if Jill Franks (cold shoulder), Julia (toe-post), Claire (Margot Leadbetter floral maxi), Charlie (twin set), Simon (floral shirts), Ali Young ( colour blocking? er make that colour bollocking) were presenting it!

Jude xx

LOLOL that just totally cracked me up

Its just all a new way of trying to get us into QVC fashion. We're women, who have been buying our clothes all our lives,

and know what suits us and what doesn't. Its not gonna make me think "oh yes that'll suit me, must try it". We know

what we like, and i for one won't be experimenting, especially with all the post and package you have to pay for the

privlige :sun:

Managed to catch a few minutes of this

Eve Pollard dresses looked divine and Fenn Wright Manson jumpsuit, are things looking up for QVC 'fashion' ?

I enjoyed this. Liked the fact you could buy the whole outfit if you wanted to. Kathy was a good host.

This show has come about following a survey they did. Here's what they said: You'll remember completing our survey a couple of months ago all about QVC Fashion. Well the findings were so useful to QVC that they've already set to work on changing various elements of their Fashion offering, from the style of the shows on the TV, to the Fashion area on the QVC website.

In the survey lots of you said you'd be interested in more style-focused shows. QVC listened and are therefore launching 'Morning Style with Kathy' this Wednesday at 10 am!

As a follow-up to the Fashion survey, we'd like to invite all those that completed it (including you!) to watch the new show and share your thoughts in the QVC Lounge discussion forum.

It'll be interesting to see what they come up with next.

Latest posts

Back