Kathy van zeeland

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

these bags are the type of accessory one would buy at a tourist resort for a few euros. maybe julia is sourcing them whilst holidaying in spain.
maybe i am thick, but how come these are 'designer' bags? nowadays everything has a label on, even if it costs £1.

Last edited:
This is the nicest KVZ bag I've seen yet. Not too much bling. I'd buy it if it was leather, but I don't like man made fabrics (apart from Kipling).

So you won't buy it because no animals have been killed to satisfy your vanity? In my opinion, this is a plus and the reason why I would certainly pay a premium for a man made product.
But then, I have a conscience.

So you won't buy it because no animals have been killed to satisfy your vanity? In my opinion, this is a plus and the reason why I would certainly pay a premium for a man made product.

you can still buy plastic for £10 max, because that's how much they should really charge. i accept the conscience issue, i do not aspouse it, and in my case it would be more about damage to the environment due to the process and disposal of this horrific plastic.

Excuse me??

I like leather, cotton, linen etc. Nothing wrong with that.

This is the nicest KVZ bag I've seen yet. Not too much bling. I'd buy it if it was leather, but I don't like man made fabrics (apart from Kipling).

How right you are Margaret. Nothing like real leather in a handbag or shoes for that matter. I think it's a choice we can make without being 'moralized' at.

I'm sorry but I find this really rather condescending (and I'm vegan). I'd never dream of scolding someone for eating meat/wearing leather. It's their choice at the end of the day, the same as it's my choice NOT to eat animals or wear them.

I'm sorry but I find this really rather condescending (and I'm vegan). I'd never dream of scolding someone for eating meat/wearing leather. It's their choice at the end of the day, the same as it's my choice NOT to eat animals or wear them.

I have read you thoughtful and totally non-condescending posts on your vegan beliefs throughout the forum cupcake and not only do I respect your opinion I admire the manner you use in putting them across. Now, I doubt you'll convert me, but your methods are a fine example of what a forum should be- open for all to express themselves without being shouted down.

You keep them coming cupcake. :)

I have been vegetarian for well over 25 years and was vegan for a while until, for medical reasons, I was forced to include dairy products into my diet, although not eggs. I have worked as an advocate for animal rights and have an extremely resolute position on the treatment of animals.
It is a case of supply and demand and, as long as there is a market for accessories made from animal skin, the retrieval of which is made possible by slaughtering the animals who endure torturous rituals. A handbag is not an essential and it is inconceivable to me why people would condone this barbaric pratice just so they can wear a handbag.
What is the difference between wearing an item of clothing from the range of that barbaric butcher Basso, and wearing a leather handbag?
I am not attempting to be condescending, just realistic. It is everyone's choice at the end of the day and, if you can live with that choice, why worry if anyone else tells you it is wrong?

I have been vegetarian for well over 25 years and was vegan for a while until, for medical reasons, I was forced to include dairy products into my diet, although not eggs. I have worked as an advocate for animal rights and have an extremely resolute position on the treatment of animals.
It is a case of supply and demand and, as long as there is a market for accessories made from animal skin, the retrieval of which is made possible by slaughtering the animals who endure torturous rituals. A handbag is not an essential and it is inconceivable to me why people would condone this barbaric pratice just so they can wear a handbag.
What is the difference between wearing an item of clothing from the range of that barbaric butcher Basso, and wearing a leather handbag?
I am not attempting to be condescending, just realistic.
It is everyone's choice at the end of the day and, if you can live with that choice, why worry if anyone else tells you it is wrong?

So what should we do as leather is actually a by-product of the meat industry. Should we throw it away rather then use it to satify your viewpoint? There will always be meat-eaters, and as a direct consequence there will be leather.
I thought the point that was being raised was the £ for the plastic handbag, rather then the (blood thirst) longing for a leather bag.
As you have a resolute position on animals right am I to assume that you are the authority on how I should live?
(PS also a vergetarian for almost 28 years, happy to wear leather shoes, and leather when I go on my bike, as well as the occasional leather handbag, I also think I have a conscience!)

Lottie has just said she doesn't like really slim celebrities carrying massive bags. Doesn't she know that an over-size bag is this season's must have (and last season's and the season before)?

I don't eat meat and I don't wear or use animal by-products. I can understand louise66 and the points she makes, since it is an ethical issue for me, too. However, people will do what they want, and all any of us can do is put forward our views and hope that, even if people reject them, they become something upon which to ponder. I know I'm in a minority, and I realise that my way of life is probably alien to most, but I hope I'm not thought of as being didactic or aggressive, since I'm guessing that would cause people to switch off the instant I open me mush.

I think it may have seemed that some of the posts were having a dig at anyone who would spend that kind of money on plastic so Louise66 maybe was just making a point as to the reason some would be happy to pay. It just came across as agressive and condecending. I have actually written loads of posts in a jokey theme but not actually posted them as I was worried that they could be misinterpreted and I like it too much in this forum to get peoples back up.

I have never seen you be agressive (or that diddy thing :tongue2:) Yo, and have to admit that a lot of the threads on here have influenced the things I do and way I think just because they were written in a calm and gentle manner. Softly softly catchee monkey I think.

Bet x

The thing is though they push KVZ as animal friendly each time. Her husband designs and makes handbags in leather and they also have another company making and designing leather bags. So not so ethical after all.

I just think they are damn awful bags, I have seen them in the flesh in TKMaxx and House of Fraser.

Did have a laugh at the Reps comments about the designer touches on the bags. Look at the enameling on the clip etc. Yes all made in a sweatshop in China, where the worker was paid peanuts for you to sell it for £100+.

Did have a laugh at the Reps comments about the designer touches on the bags. Look at the enameling on the clip etc. Yes all made in a sweatshop in China, where the worker was paid peanuts for you to sell it for £100+.

You forgot to mention the accompanying and vile stench of the polypropolene/ethylene Dee :LOL::LOL::LOL: that is so often a pre- requisite of plastic bags

Latest posts

Back