Kathy Tayler - a real person

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mrsmouse

Registered Shopper
Poor Kathy - the outfit from Renee looks awful on her despite looking ok on the model. Just goes to show how misleading it is to sell to the size 14+ market by demonstrating on tall, thin models.

Didn't see the show but agree that tall thin models wear clothes differently than shorter, average or plus sized women who have curves ...

Didn't see the show but agree that tall thin models wear clothes differently than shorter, average or plus sized women who have curves ...

Its on now and the top is too tight for Kathy. As she is presenting the show, she has to wear one of the items. Renee will probably tell her it looks wonderful. Really like Kathy.

Its on now and the top is too tight for Kathy. As she is presenting the show, she has to wear one of the items. Renee will probably tell her it looks wonderful. Really like Kathy.

She's just told her she looks wonderful!

The trousers are also too long - she looks like me on a slobby day when I'm hoping not to see anyone

Poor Kathy ~ it's a horrendous top at the best of times! I don't like Attitudes clothing (don't like any their clothes) but surely they could have found something vaguely flattering to put her in.

Its very difficult to carry weight on air, TV has the ability of making the person in front of the lens bigger, wider, taller than they actually are

She is a 'real' average sized woman, so from that point, Im sure there are many viewers with similar figures who will get the correct idea where the hem falls on them, as opposed to hem falling on 5'10 models mid-thigh, when they are supposed to be to-the-knee

Taller models Always make items look great, but how many 5ft 10 or above women does one meet? - I would say I pass about 1 woman a month this height. The majority being about 5ft, 5-6ins

Kathy is doing ok! But I have to confess my favourite girl is Debbie Greenwood

I dont think there is one QVC fashion collection for me that screams 'buy me'

I imagine the usual customer would be the Marks & Spencer 'taste' buyers

Last edited:
Its very difficult to carry weight on air, TV has the ability of making the person in front of the lens bigger, wider, taller than they actually are

She is a 'real' average sized woman, so from that point, Im sure there are many viewers with similar figures who will get the correct idea where the hem falls on them, as opposed to hem falling on 5'10 models mid-thigh, when they are supposed to be to-the-knee

Taller models Always make items look great, but how many 5ft 10 or above women does one meet? - I would say I pass about 1 woman a month this height. The majority being about 5ft, 5-6ins

Kathy is doing ok! But I have to confess my favourite girl is Debbie Greenwood

I dont think there is one QVC fashion collection for me that screams 'buy me'

I imagine the usual customer would be the Marks & Spencer 'taste' buyers

You imagine wrong I'm afraid. I like M&S but don't care for QVC 'fashion'.

I'm 5'9 but most of this stuff would be too short for me (in the body and leg)but, i'm also a size 16 so, i don't think they cater for either end of the height or size market!
also wanted to say Kathy is by far my fav presenter, i think she is a real person too

Last edited:
I do feel for Kathy because all too often she's shoved into clothes that are too small for her. And whatever size you are it's not flattering to be wearing a size smaller than you are.

I do like Kathy and I love the fact that she keeps saying what size she is. And then goes on to say what size she's westing in this that or the other. Other presenters do it too ... well some of them do.

Kathy can look great. Especially when she's wearing clothes that fit her!

The trouble with the models isn't just that they're 5 9 or 5 10 but they were high heels too. Making most of them over 6 foot! In heels I'm 5 10 but that's no use in working out the hemlines. And also the models all seem to have endless legs ... again not much use in working out hemlines if you've got short legs. And leg length isn't necessarily down to height. I've got long legs but in me socks I'm only 5 6. I need a 31 inside leg. I can wear a 30 if they're narrow fitting but a 29 or 30 bootleg look daft on me. And I need a 32 or 33 with heels.

Yes Kathy looked a mess and good for her that she put that cr*p on but it just goes to show that Renee fashion isn't for anyone who wouldn't look good wearing a bin liner.

I think it works both ways - because I'm 5'11", have a 35" inside leg and am a size 10-12, and I can guarantee that no QVC clothes would fit me properly!

I did send for a couple of things ages ago, having seem them on taller models, and either a) the waist was under my bust, b) the sleeves were too short or c) the length of the legs was too short!

So......what exactly do the models wear? Have they got sample sizes made up just for them that never see the light of day otherwise?

If that is the case, they should employ models who are the "standard" UK height and sizes so that the stuff they actually send out corresponds to what we see on screen....

Jinny x

i'm 5' 7" with a long body and stubby fat legs which I hate to show so their stuff is far too short for me, one of the reasons I like M and S is that they often do a choice of lengths. QVC "fashion" rarely appeals to me and the dresses are way too short, wouldn't want to frighten folk with my chubby knees!

Latest posts

Back