Just when you think it can't get any worse........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Knowing Gemporia, it'll be a ghost of Vicky Carr. The ultimate horror story.

I'd prefer it to be a ghost of someone decent like Scott Worsfold, Rae Carpenter, Lara de-Leuw, etc.
I wish Scott would come back, also Matt McNamara, Rae, Derek, Drew and Liv Edmonds (she was as crazy as a box of frogs but you couldn't help liking her). Scott and Derek both liked a laugh, but were extremely knowledgeable about what they were selling, nowadays we don't get the laughs, nor do we get any knowledge. And preserve us from Vicky Carr, she of the 'now you hear it, now you don't' Geordie accent.

I wish Scott would come back, also Matt McNamara, Rae, Derek, Drew and Liv Edmonds (she was as crazy as a box of frogs but you couldn't help liking her). Scott and Derek both liked a laugh, but were extremely knowledgeable about what they were selling, nowadays we don't get the laughs, nor do we get any knowledge. And preserve us from Vicky Carr, she of the 'now you hear it, now you don't' Geordie accent.
All of those plus Rod Jinks...I'll never forget some of the mucking around they did at Halloween. So funny.

I like Scott and Rae. Don't know who Lara was...maybe on screen a v long time ago?

Lara left after Scott, but a bit before Rae if I remember correctly.

I think you'd recognise Lara if you saw her. She was on Rocks TV for a while, and then moved to the ill-fated late shift on Gem Collector back when they tried to go all-day, with 4 presenters.

She was very knowledgeable (a proper, qualified gemmologist - not just GIA AJP accreditation) and calm, but could have a sense of humour too.

All of those plus Rod Jinks...I'll never forget some of the mucking around they did at Halloween. So funny.

Rod had clearly lost interest in the end. His witty sense of humour had all but gone, and he seemed to lose a lot of time.

I think he'd got the hump at being moved from The Lounge, over to Gem Collector (where he didn't really fit in), and then onto the 3am until 7am shift on Gems TV before being made redundant.

I know Rod was popular with people, but I couldn't warm to him. I found his style of humour a bit too childish and cringey. He wasn't very intelligent either. He was up there alongside Lindsey Carr on the intelligence scale.

He now works for Chalmers Gems.

Lara left after Scott, but a bit before Rae if I remember correctly.

I think you'd recognise Lara if you saw her. She was on Rocks TV for a while, and then moved to the ill-fated late shift on Gem Collector back when they tried to go all-day, with 4 presenters.

She was very knowledgeable (a proper, qualified gemmologist - not just GIA AJP accreditation) and calm, but could have a sense of humour too.

No, I don't remember her at all.

Rod had clearly lost interest in the end. His witty sense of humour had all but gone, and he seemed to lose a lot of time.

I think he'd got the hump at being moved from The Lounge, over to Gem Collector (where he didn't really fit in), and then onto the 3am until 7am shift on Gems TV before being made redundant.

I know Rod was popular with people, but I couldn't warm to him. I found his style of humour a bit too childish and cringey. He wasn't very intelligent either. He was up there alongside Lindsey Carr on the intelligence scale.

He now works for Chalmers Gems.
Ah now come on...surely he was higher up the scale than that!!
I never watched Gem Collector and was tucked up in bed by 3am so I just thought he'd left.

Latest posts

Back