Julia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julia actually refers to the cancer in her blog this week.

Chronic myeloid leukaemia, which is what she has, is a blood cancer, and she's been on chemotherapy tablets for quite some time. I think in a blog a while ago she did say that this has been going really well, but inevitably with any cancer treatment, there are side-effects, so it's never going to be plain sailing.

For her age, and given her more recent CML illness, and her recovery from polio, Julia still looks exceptionally good. The one thing which is clearly defeating her, despite her regular pilates, is the tummy area. If I was her age with her fabulously unlined skin, I'd be more than happy. It's not going to happen as I did OK but not brilliantly in the good skin lottery.

I like Julia and I think she looks great for her age. Thank goodness she has now moved up a size to a medium because she looks so much better when things fit her, rather than squashing herself into a size small and quite frankly just looking fat. There's nothing wrong with being in your 50's and not being a size small anymore - and I tell myself that 10 times a day before I go out the door :mysmilie_14:

CC

Oh dear...............Julia is about to do a Yong Kim hour and she is wearing a pink top that matches her trainers.........................it is not a good look!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear...............Julia is about to do a Yong Kim hour and she is wearing a pink top that matches her trainers.........................it is not a good look!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to turn the brightness down!!!

That polka dot dress the model was wearing looked like a screwed up sack - they are having a laugh!!:mysmilie_15:

Whatever are they like...the leggings are a cracker...Max Wall would be jealous:mysmilie_15:

Whatever are they like...the leggings are a cracker...Max Wall would be jealous:mysmilie_15:

I don't think they're YK are they? Kim & Co maybe?

I'm watching the latest show with Catherine Huntley. She put n a flounced zip cardi over what she was already wearing - transformed just about passable to ludicrous in one easy step!

The psychology of how to convince people to buy unflattering clothing by the shed load..

It hasn't worked on me. I'm convinced I would never want to look like IT or Julia. I've never seen Julia looking so silly.

I know it can be said that most places of work have their fare share of illnesses and staff with chronic conditions, but Q with its presenters / models being ill or passing away over the last couple of years appear to have a larger than most ratio. Chloe with vertigo, Jill F with her debilitating spondeolosis, the sad loss of Ameka and Beulah, Ali K having breast cancer, Julia with her current issues, and who knows which members of the rest of the team are having to deal with medical problems on a daily basis. I know we all have a pop at them for their irritating habits or dire dress sense, but it must take super human effort to smile and carry on when their bodies are screaming at them to lie down and rest !

Latest posts

Back