Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I sometimes think Julia is hanging on to her youth but making herself kook older in the process.The overly dark long locks, and the clothes.We all, well most of us have figure problems but we go all out to hide them and are aware of what not to wear.She did not look good in that dress perhaps she has more health problems, I hope not but even so you would look in the mirror.

I sometimes think Julia is hanging on to her youth but making herself kook older in the process.The overly dark long locks, and the clothes.We all, well most of us have figure problems but we go all out to hide them and are aware of what not to wear.She did not look good in that dress perhaps she has more health problems, I hope not but even so you would look in the mirror.
There's a nail that has a head & you've hit it!

Very true. You can be in your 60's and still be elegant even with a bit of weight. A decent haircut, clever dressing, cover up your ageing legs and arms, and never wear anything tight. She currently looks like an ageing barmaid from the 1960's with that hair.

The dress in the video was the one I was referring to yesterday. Today is different as he is wearing trousers. The thing I have noticed about Julia is that since her wedding she is laughing and giggling a lot more. I think I was right when I said before that she was not on safe ground with her now hubby even after 40 years. I could be very wrong but it just seems she has far more confidence. But hey I’ve been wrong before.

**** if I had waited for 40 years to get confident in a relationship I would have called it a day long ago.

Obviously in show buz and city slickers it’s different but in our provincial towns 40 years you would have been singled out as a scarlet woman living over the brush!!!! And as for being pregnant, it was to the church as quick as your feet would carry you. Getting married in a registry office was another no no as that signified that all was not “as it should be”.

A friend at school who I sort of lost close touch with when we started work was one of those girls who no one knew other than herself and boyfriend was expecting until her waters broke , as you can imagine that did not go down well.

Times have changed, some better some not so.

Last edited:
**** if I had waited for 40 years to get confident in a relationship I would have called it a day long ago.

Obviously in show buz and city slickers it’s different but in our provincial towns 40 years you would have been singled out as a scarlet woman living over the brush!!!! And as for being pregnant, it was to the church as quick as your feet would carry you. Getting married in a registry office was another no no as that signified that all was not “as it should be”.

A friend at school who I sort of lost close touch with when we started work was one of those girls who no one knew other than herself and boyfriend was expecting until her waters broke , as you can imagine that did not go down well.

Times have changed, some better some not so.
Yes it was the same for me, you stayed at home with your parents till your wedding day. I would never have done anything to hurt or upset my parents, I would also not want them to think I had even “been” with a boy, even my fiance. That would have been for girls who were not decent such was the thinking then. I am catholic but even if I wasn’t it was just not the done thing.

I’m old fashioned, nothing is sacred these days, I think the babies should come after the marriage!

Yes it was the same for me, you stayed at home with your parents till your wedding day. I would never have done anything to hurt or upset my parents, I would also not want them to think I had even “been” with a boy, even my fiance. That would have been for girls who were not decent such was the thinking then. I am catholic but even if I wasn’t it was just not the done thing.

I’m old fashioned, nothing is sacred these days, I think the babies should come after the marriage!
Goodness I thought is was just me. I am the opposite, a lapsed Presbyterian , and it was soooo strict. Maybe too strict, people forced into marriages? maybe there is a happy medium?

They were either forced into marriage or, worse sent away till the baby was born. Mind you this was not just how it was here. My family are Maltese/Italian, it was the same there!

On the Julia thing too, I am pretty sure I’m right about her, have others noticed how overtly animated she is now in a way she wasn’t before the wedding? She has always waved the hands and ‘happy’ facial expressions and body movements, but this is now multiplied by 100 post wedding.

They were either forced into marriage or, worse sent away till the baby was born. Mind you this was not just how it was here. My family are Maltese/Italian, it was the same there!

On the Julia thing too, I am pretty sure I’m right about her, have others noticed how overtly animated she is now in a way she wasn’t before the wedding? She has always waved the hands and ‘happy’ facial expressions and body movements, but this is now multiplied by 100 post wedding.

Just seen a few minutes of Julia and was thinking exactly the same thing, hand and arm action the whole time! I think she is on high octane selling mode today for the GREAT beauty event.

I agree about her new exuberance but I put it down to desperation. She fears no longer being the centre of attention so while the camera is on her she is going to milk it for all she can. The wedding has happened, her daughter now has a new interest in her new family, her son has a girlfriend. I think alarm bells are ringing for Julia me me me Roberts.

I agree about her new exuberance but I put it down to desperation. She fears no longer being the centre of attention so while the camera is on her she is going to milk it for all she can. The wedding has happened, her daughter now has a new interest in her new family, her son has a girlfriend. I think alarm bells are ringing for Julia me me me Roberts.
So true Evie, she is from the same mould as M Hope the mirror shows a slender 25 year old. In no way do I want anyone to turn into a dutisie granny like Mrs Overall but mutton dressed as lamb is just as bad. Acknowledge your age and shape and make the most of what you have and disguise the not so perfect bits, just as you would do at any age.

Latest posts

Back