Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I saw her in that dress and thought it was extremely unflattering when she stood side on. Everyone puts on weight from time to time but you either need to lose it or dress to suit your shape. If it's medication then I can sympathise with that but what you don't wear is a dress that you've had for years and once looked good in. Julia is no longer a small and from what I saw of her today she looked an XL from the waist down. Maybe the stylists are telling her but she won't listen?

CC

Queen Julia has had a big stomach for a while, hey I’m not knocking her it happens to most of us, but most of us dress to suit our figure and not put our tummies on show in tight, three sizes to small clothes, there’s no excuse for Queen Julia with all the “fashion” at her disposal so all I can put it down to is she just can’t accept she’s gone up a few sizes and refuses to give in to defeat, because then she’d be human like the rest of us, and the Queen wouldn’t want that now would she.

Well Julia's mum obviously isn't like my mum or she might have said something along the lines of (mum) "Are you going out wearing that?" (me) "Yes, does it look OK?" (mum) "You look fat", on a bad day or "I like you better in the blue dress" on a good day. Hey, I no longer get offended and I'm no longer as heavy as I was but it can be hurtful so I'll give Julia the benefit of the doubt that she will wear what she wants. Rightly so but it should be in a bigger size.

CC

It was watching the first 15 seconds of this video that made me think how bloated she looked. She's said a number of times that she's not taking her cml medication, however, I wondered if that situation had changed & I know someone who's on imatinib & she finds this happens to her.

It’s not the weight it’s the fact she WONT wear the correct size. Loads of us are overweight or bloated from meds but we don’t insist in squeezing into a garment at least 2 sizes too small.

She may have more health issues at the moment but for years she has insisted she is a small when it has been obvious to a blind horse she is anything but.

Cameras may not help but they sure as hell don’t shrink a garment so it can barely cover your bits. No excuse she has an entire stock of items to get one that fits if she wasn’t so bliddy blinkered so she can’t accept her real size rather than the one she sees in her head.

Well Julia's mum obviously isn't like my mum or she might have said something along the lines of (mum) "Are you going out wearing that?" (me) "Yes, does it look OK?" (mum) "You look fat", on a bad day or "I like you better in the blue dress" on a good day. Hey, I no longer get offended and I'm no longer as heavy as I was but it can be hurtful so I'll give Julia the benefit of the doubt that she will wear what she wants. Rightly so but it should be in a bigger size.

CC

It wouldn't have been my Mum, but my late husband was very honest in how I looked, and he WOULD say "you're not going out in that are you ?", which is good because different eyes see what you dont see in the mirror, and different mirrors do show different images. My full length in one bedroom makes me look a whole lot better than another one in the smaller bedroom. Also standing sideways gives you the true picture rather than standing front on.

It wouldn't have been my Mum, but my late husband was very honest in how I looked, and he WOULD say "you're not going out in that are you ?", which is good because different eyes see what you dont see in the mirror, and different mirrors do show different images. My full length in one bedroom makes me look a whole lot better than another one in the smaller bedroom. Also standing sideways gives you the true picture rather than standing front on.

I asked Mr B once "Does my bum look big in this"? He replied "What's the correct answer"? We did laugh!

OMG yet again the dress Julia is wearing is far too small around her chest but one consellation not tight around her tummy

Well she isn’t sitting down, if she sat down that dress, which is also too short, would def be tight on her stomach. I am on a lot of meds, but I dress appropriately.

they have so much to choose from.

I think only a handful of the female presenters wear their own clothes!

OMG yet again the dress Julia is wearing is far too small around her chest but one consellation not tight around her tummy
Yes, the buttons were pulling around the bust but she looked a whole lot better than in that black flowery dress. The footwear doesn't help but why doesn't she wear wide black trousers and a nice top that fits? Maybe she wants to show off her (faux) tan.

CC

Yes, the buttons were pulling around the bust but she looked a whole lot better than in that black flowery dress. The footwear doesn't help but why doesn't she wear wide black trousers and a nice top that fits? Maybe she wants to show off her (faux) tan.

CC
I absolutely agree there is no need not to wear trousers.OMG what a mess

It was watching the first 15 seconds of this video that made me think how bloated she looked. She's said a number of times that she's not taking her cml medication, however, I wondered if that situation had changed & I know someone who's on imatinib & she finds this happens to her.
Omg I would be mortified if I saw myself looking like that.

A few years ago whilst I was at work a colleague from another team asked me if I was pregnant & started rubbing my tummy. I was not, I just had a big tummy, I was in my early fifties at the time and I kept denying I was pregnant, she would not believe me. Eventually I asked her how she felt rubbing a fat, old ladies belly. I laughed it off at the time, have since lost weight & trying to get rid of my middle age spread.

A few years ago whilst I was at work a colleague from another team asked me if I was pregnant & started rubbing my tummy. I was not, I just had a big tummy, I was in my early fifties at the time and I kept denying I was pregnant, she would not believe me. Eventually I asked her how she felt rubbing a fat, old ladies belly. I laughed it off at the time, have since lost weight & trying to get rid of my middle age spread.
OMG! How rude to poke at someone's stomach even if you WERE pregnant. I once asked a customer at work when her baby was due, lordy, lordy, she'd had it a week before o_O She thought it was hysterical but I was mortified.

CC

Latest posts

Back