Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, I hate seeing myself on a Whatsapp video call, and on Skype !!! Not a bit like how I look in a mirror ! Why is that ? Is it the shadows on the equipment that highlight every jowl and double chin. I never take selfies, but on the one occasion where I had a 'go', I had to hold the phone up as high as I could reach just to get a half decent picture, or I looked like my dead grandmother !

Julia had been gradually getting on my chesticles and all that about the wedding made it worse but when she did that magazine article about the wedding that was the end for me.

After 40 years and 2 adult kids it is perfectly obvious it was done purely for legal/financial reasons so why all the blushing bride bit.

I have absolutely no problem with older brides infact I love to see people finding happiness in later life but there is no way that was applicable to her.

I think with all the happy events her colleagues were bragging about/boring us with, she had to get in on the act.
What was so off-putting about it was the play-acting coy and blushing bride stuff. So phony. It was just a LOOK AT MEEEEE! strung out for as long as possible.

I still hope that she and Chris are at least as happy as they were in pre-married days. I still wish them both well.

I totally agree with you! One of the other things that used to annoy me about her, was that she wore what to anyone of us for years was a wedding and engagement ring, therefore trying to appear married!

I always got the impression she wanted to be married all along, why the rings otherwise. That’s why she went all out for her wedding.

I’m just glad that she got married last year. Imagine what it would be like if they’d had to cancel their wedding abroad because of the current situation. We heard about her forthcoming nuptials for months. If it had been delayed, we’d have been hearing about it for years. :oops:

Well I think despite what she says, and all the girly blushes etc., it really tells me that perhaps she was insecure and over the moon that he eventually asked her. I could be very wrong, perhaps for legal reasons, theirs was a joint decision. I think the law in this area is different in England than here in Scotland on the issue of partners who are not married in terms of rights etc.

She was on earlier today wearing that ****** awful MW TSV which bombed. The sleeveless one with the pattern across the muffin top down to the naval. There hasn’t been one single presenter who has looked like anything in this monstrosity with JR and Del Boy being the worst offenders. Julia always looked awful in it but the extra pounds in a dress several sizes too small was shocking looking. The lace up trainers did nothing to help (yes I know about the strap on her leg) but I see Del Boy also sporting these type of trainers when wearing a short flared dress - 70‘s dress 2020 shoe style don’t go together even if you are young and thin and should never be seen together when you are older and carrying excess weight.

It was Mr CC who pointed out that Julia looked like a bag lady wearing those trainers with that MW dress. I said she'd broken her ankle and probably needed comfy shoes but having done a double take I had to agree it looked appalling. Julia has piled on weight and if I were her I'd be doing jewellery sitting down or standing behind a counter doing molton brown or something. Or wearing things that made me look good. Claire Sutton's another one that's packed on weight and she also isn't doing herself any favours with the dress/trainer look. Now, come and have a look at me in my 3 day unwashed hair and my tartan jammies :rolleyes:

CC

I have legs like tree trunks. I’ve never left right in trainers even when younger and thinner, they feel and look like big boxes at the end of my legs. I tend to wear a slimmer shoe and if flats it is more of a pump style . Definitely nothing laced up as too high up the foot and I don’t have the patience with laces in any form.

I so agree LATI the "high up the foot lace-ups" just smacks of how grannies used to look back in the 40s and 50s and are not a flattering look. No legs look good unless trousers are worn, but even then they look like diving boots - white or not.

I think the female presenters are using this time for permanently dressing down, because Chloe looks a mess, Jill Franks yesterday couldn't make her mind up - she had a floaty top with leggings and chunky trainers - disaster, Evie the guest always looks like a car crash and had jogging trousers on that swept the floor - more over the cliff than 'edgy'.

I so agree LATI the "high up the foot lace-ups" just smacks of how grannies used to look back in the 40s and 50s and are not a flattering look. No legs look good unless trousers are worn, but even then they look like diving boots - white or not.

I think the female presenters are using this time for permanently dressing down, because Chloe looks a mess, Jill Franks yesterday couldn't make her mind up - she had a floaty top with leggings and chunky trainers - disaster, Evie the guest always looks like a car crash and had jogging trousers on that swept the floor - more over the cliff than 'edgy'.
Think Jackie Kabler looks okay.

Think Jackie Kabler looks okay.
I agree and Jackie's lucky as she's tall with long legs so a bit of a model shape. She'd need to put on quite a lot of timber to look chubby whereas shorties like me with short legs (also Julia) only need to have two slices of cake and it starts to show. If I start to feel dumpy then I never wear tight/fitted clothes or short skirts as I just can't get away with it.

CC

Q is a bit of a mess at present. They could have asked brands to provide some filmed product demonstrations/presentations with a knowledgeable member of staff, some faqs, and just let the presenter introduce the item if they are brand new products, or assembled footage from previous presentations if it's existing inventory.

They don't seem able to cope in a situation where guest and presenter can't be in the same shot, as a split screen with 2 main cameras seems beyond their capabilities, or even splitting the screen with an insert. You just have to look at their hamfisted Dyson hairtool demonstrations which they have recently been doing...hence my suggestion that they must get the brand to provide some footage.

Even if it's done on an iPhone or similar it would probably still be good enough and have more relevant info...and get rid of some of the usual, many, opportunities for the presenters to bore our pants off by talking twaddle and codswallop rather than about the products at hand.

Do Q not realise that their presenters' and sometimes also guests' penchant for NOT talking about the products speaks volumes for their true opinions of what they are selling? What should we buy it the product isn't worth talking about???

Or, to look at this behaviour another way - it treats the customer as a brainless idiot who has only to see a product being talked about by Q "celebrities" (in their own imaginations) flogging it to be triggered to buy! Either way it's damned insulting, imo.

Latest posts

Back