Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Maybe K Taylor will now have time to give those measurements she thinks are unimportant normally.

Lets get the Q ruler out again!

Never have the sound on now - does the new format give even more time to talk about grandchildren, veganism, cruise.holidays, novels etc?

She was on earlier today wearing that ****** awful MW TSV which bombed. The sleeveless one with the pattern across the muffin top down to the naval. There hasn’t been one single presenter who has looked like anything in this monstrosity with JR and Del Boy being the worst offenders. Julia always looked awful in it but the extra pounds in a dress several sizes too small was shocking looking. The lace up trainers did nothing to help (yes I know about the strap on her leg) but I see Del Boy also sporting these type of trainers when wearing a short flared dress - 70‘s dress 2020 shoe style don’t go together even if you are young and thin and should never be seen together when you are older and carrying excess weight.
That was her own dress too. You would think on buying clothes she would buy the correct size

Paying for it would really be adding insult to injury!
I think that presenters make the mistake of dressing for the mirror, rather than dressing for the camera. There is nothing wrong with having a little bit of extra weight around the middle, and you can't magic up height if you are shorter... and with Julia's recovery from her ankle injury, and previous foot problems, getting her into more attractive footwear is probably a bit of a challenge at present.

If I was advising her, I would recommend she went for full length maxi dresses in a darker colour, but with bold splashes of colour. I would keep my feet and legs covered while enforced to wear the necessary but ugly leg support.
I might even suggest one of the dreaded jumpsuits.

But I do believe she needs to size up more than she realises to make the products look their best... which, after all, is why the female presenters are urged to wear Q fashion in the first place.

I hope her recovery continues apace, and she can get back to not having to disguise support items, wearing fugly trainers and generally doing neither herself nor the clothing any favours. Julia and Debbie are both blessed with looking younger than their ages, and they just need to make sure they don't keep picking up clothing sizes that work in real life but come up as too tight/small on TV.

I think that presenters make the mistake of dressing for the mirror, rather than dressing for the camera. There is nothing wrong with having a little bit of extra weight around the middle, and you can't magic up height if you are shorter... and with Julia's recovery from her ankle injury, and previous foot problems, getting her into more attractive footwear is probably a bit of a challenge at present.

If I was advising her, I would recommend she went for full length maxi dresses in a darker colour, but with bold splashes of colour. I would keep my feet and legs covered while enforced to wear the necessary but ugly leg support.

But I do believe she needs to size up more than she realises to make the products look their best... which, after all, is why the female presenters are urged to wear Q fashion in the first place.

I hope her recovery continues apace, and she can get back to not having to disguise support items, wearing fugly trainers and generally doing neither herself nor the clothing any favours. Julia and Debbie are both blessed with looking younger than their ages, and they just need to make sure they don't keep picking up clothing sizes that work in real life but come up as too tight/small on TV.
And therein lies the rub Debbie Flint is teeny tiny in real life but looks huge on the TV so I suspect Julia Roberts is the same as they are both short and curvy

It was Mr CC who pointed out that Julia looked like a bag lady wearing those trainers with that MW dress. I said she'd broken her ankle and probably needed comfy shoes but having done a double take I had to agree it looked appalling. Julia has piled on weight and if I were her I'd be doing jewellery sitting down or standing behind a counter doing molton brown or something. Or wearing things that made me look good. Claire Sutton's another one that's packed on weight and she also isn't doing herself any favours with the dress/trainer look. Now, come and have a look at me in my 3 day unwashed hair and my tartan jammies :rolleyes:

CC
Oh, I wish there was a link.......

It was Mr CC who pointed out that Julia looked like a bag lady wearing those trainers with that MW dress. I said she'd broken her ankle and probably needed comfy shoes but having done a double take I had to agree it looked appalling. Julia has piled on weight and if I were her I'd be doing jewellery sitting down or standing behind a counter doing molton brown or something. Or wearing things that made me look good. Claire Sutton's another one that's packed on weight and she also isn't doing herself any favours with the dress/trainer look. Now, come and have a look at me in my 3 day unwashed hair and my tartan jammies :rolleyes:

CC
At least you haven't attempted to cut your hair yourself........

You are nice, if I was advising her it would be to retire. Gracefully.

Oh, I wish there was a link.......

At least you haven't attempted to cut your hair yourself........
Hmmm, remember that razor comb thing that you got free on the front of a magazine? (you're probably far too young), add 3 glasses of wine and an attempt to cut your hair and you get - Arthur Scargill :LOL: There's a Billy Connolly sketch of it somewhere, very funny.

I actually only attempt to do my fringe, with very sharp scissors I might add.

CC

Hmmm, remember that razor comb thing that you got free on the front of a magazine? (you're probably far too young), add 3 glasses of wine and an attempt to cut your hair and you get - Arthur Scargill :LOL: There's a Billy Connolly sketch of it somewhere, very funny.

CC
I can do that, sharpen my scissors with the Felco Diamond Shapener, twist the fringe & snip!

There was a video of one of the Strictly pros Gratziano, cutting his girlfriend’s hair with the edge of a mans hair grooming tool.

Thanks.

Blimey...udders!
Right about the old lady shoes. Can't help that, but the dress......Perhaps that's all that was on 'the rail.'

Udders!

CC
I looked, didn't find it but spent ages on YouTube crying with laughter. My Mr T had talked about the razor comb torture device the other day & knew that his mother loved using it because of the pain it caused her kids - physical during the procedure & psychological after when their friends saw them 😈

I saw Julia in the trainers with the MW dress and although she has an ankle injury surely she could have found better footwear, they looked like dirty old trainers.Talking of which I nearly went in to meltdown yesterday as I was driving back from my very quick whip around my local supermarket when I realised I was still wearing my old gardening shoes.Do you think anyone would have noticed? No don’t think so!!

I looked, didn't find it but spent ages on YouTube crying with laughter. My Mr T had talked about the razor comb torture device the other day & knew that his mother loved using it because of the pain it caused her kids - physical during the procedure & psychological after when their friends saw them 😈
Here’s a different one

I saw Julia in the trainers with the MW dress and although she has an ankle injury surely she could have found better footwear, they looked like dirty old trainers.Talking of which I nearly went in to meltdown yesterday as I was driving back from my very quick whip around my local supermarket when I realised I was still wearing my old gardening shoes.Do you think anyone would have noticed? No don’t think so!!
No, we're generally quite unobservant & at the moment we're all concentrating on other things to bother about someone's choice of shoes. I woke up one day when I was 13 with spots, huge angry spots. This was in the early 1970s & teenage make up didn't really exist, my mum had beautiful skin so had never experienced this trauma & just told me that nobody would look at me when I was out! I now understand what she meant but at the time I thought that I'd stop the traffic becuse I looked so awful, fortunately one of out lovely neighbours bought me a Boots 17 spot stick & I could face the world with these mountains coloured Medium rather than scarlet.

I just saw that link - ****** hell, she looks like she is piling on the pounds each time she is on our screens. Like I mentioned before, she will struggle now she is well in her 60's to shift this.

Udders 😂😂 Past her ever growing belly now I think, still she thinks she has big boobs and doesn't have a belly, otherwise why dress like she does.

I disagree about her not looking her age. Last few years I think she now looks her age, especially around the eyes and jawline. Debbie Flint, I agree about, looks a few years younger. I think Claire Sutton has put on a few pounds but has the figure to pull it off more that the likes of Julia.

I do agree with Twilight, she should retire. In fact she should of retired a fair few years ago and gone out at a higher level and well regarded and remembered, as an attractive and knowledgeable presenter. Who would the new household husbands favourite be then though...CHuntley :eek:

Latest posts

Back