Julia Roberts STILL asking for "Christian" names

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my dictionary a Christian name is a name given at Baptism or a Given Name and precedes a Surname or family name.

I think we can all say what we like on this issue but NO-ONE is right.
As we are all different and have different views on-one is ever going to be right on this issue.

I just hope this thread doesn't get out of hand. :)

It's good to see there are others on this forum with a bit of common sense.

There's no such thing as common sense. If there's even the possibility of disagreement, on any matter, then some people will automatically assume A and some will assume B. The bullies among each will say "of course A/B is true, it's just common sense, don't be stupid.." :rolleyes:

I think we can all say what we like on this issue but NO-ONE is right.
As we are all different and have different views on-one is ever going to be right on this issue.

I just hope this thread doesn't get out of hand. :)

It's going on a bit isn't it. :YAWN: Let's face it JR can say what she chooses to and on-one will stop her anyway and a caller wouldn't get the chance. :rolleyes: :pPC:

I would ask people what their First Name was, mainly because:-

1) Previous training on Equal Opportunities raised the point not everyone I would be dealing with was a Christian, (up to then I would have asked for Christian Name just because it was common usage and I had never really thought about it).

2) How do I know if the person I am dealing with is a practising Christian ? So logically why woud I ask for their Christian Name?

3) Now I would feel rude asking people for their Christain name.

As we are all different and have different views on-one is ever going to be right on this issue

That's the point of political correctness: to provide things we can all say without causing offence by the very nature of what we say.

Imagine if the boot were on the other foot: if you and I lived in a Muslim-majority nation and neither of us were Muslim. How would you feel about someone on TV asking you to identify yourself by your 'Muslim name'? I strongly suspect you would complain and request them to say 'first name'.

That's the point of political correctness: to provide things we can all say without causing offence by the very nature of what we say.

Imagine if the boot were on the other foot: if you and I lived in a Muslim-majority nation and neither of us were Muslim. How would you feel about someone on TV asking you to identify yourself by your 'Muslim name'? I strongly suspect you would complain and request them to say 'first name'.

Sorry hun but if you go back in the posts you will see what my views are.
but I will say it again anyway.

I don't believe in organised religion words like that are just words to me.

I was never being politically correct either, I was saying what I believe on this issue, that no-one is right.

Last edited:

Britain is going down that road, Islam is the fastest growing religion in Britain.

RULE BRITTANIA:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back