Julia Roberts STILL asking for "Christian" names

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Burly, yes i'd correct them, i was born scottish. Other religions & cultures hold dear to them what they believe, so why cant we? Things are being eroded bit by bit and are people just expected to roll over and give in? Also Burly, were you Christened, Jellytot makes a very good point.

yes i was christened, but that wasnt my choice. i do NOT consider myself christian because i dont have a belief.
none of my nephews, aged 19,16 and 14 were christened, my brother said they would decide for themselves when they got older. none of them have asked to be christened so far.

my issue with JR isnt about the people who WERE christened, its about people who werent. its not a matter of being politically correct, its a matter of being correct and respectful to the audience.

its not a matter of being politically correct, its a matter of being correct and respectful to the audience.

... and not alienating anybody you're trying to sell stuff to!

PS I agree with you BB - it's simply incorrect to address everybody as Christian.

... and not alienating anybody you're trying to sell stuff to!

PS I agree with you BB - it's simply incorrect to address everybody as Christian.

I agree! BUT, JR isn't addressing everybody as Christian as in "Hey, you Christians, jump to the phone.....". She's merely using a turn of phrase and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

I don't think anyone is right on this issue and no-one will be as we are all different with different views.

I don't believe in organised religion and to me it is just another word.

Live and let live I say. :)

It is getting to the stage when people who mean no harm whatsoever can't say the most innocent of things without someone somewhere saying they are offended.

I agree, but as a friend allways used to say "you can't please all the people all the time" :rolleyes:

I say Christian name, and I wouldn't want to be forced to changed to be PC :) Good for Julia

Well i'm Vulcan pointy ears and everything and i find it offensive that an earth girl with big jublees can get away with this.

Well done Julia. Keep up the good work. As far as I'm concerned she is right. This is a Christian country and I and hopefully the majority of the country applaud her!!!! Fed up with all this PC twaddle.

Well done Julia. Keep up the good work. As far as I'm concerned she is right. This is a Christian country and I and hopefully the majority of the country applaud her!!!! Fed up with all this PC twaddle.

Well said Emma 1
Christian Name is the correct term for your first name people should grow up trying to find fault in nothing, the world has gone PC mad :confused:

Hi, I'd like to know how much of our culture your willing to lose?

Frankly, quite a lot of things. Like youth drink/drugs/knife culture, the monarchy, an unelected 2nd chamber, and hunting for starters. Also any laws that are based on religious ideology (eg. Sunday shopping hours) and forever being America's poodle, they can go too.

Are these things not the start of loosing far more?

Personally I don't think using first or forename instead of Christian name will be the end of British culture.

Well i'm Vulcan pointy ears and everything and i find it offensive that an earth girl with big jublees can get away with this.

One of the best one sentence posts I've read in a long time :D

Christian Name is the correct term for your first name

Er, no it's not!

Same kind of ignorance that people display when they ask Hindus which day of the week their families go to "church". No harm meant by it, but they do look like insular plonkers.

The argument that it is a Christian country, so the term Christian name is correct. What about all the people who have been born in this country but have not been baptised or choose not to follow the Christian faith for whatever reason?

Also it being a Christian country. I thought that just meant Christianity was the most popular religion in this country, rather than everyone born here is a Christian and will therefore have a Christian name.

Does the term Christian name not just differentiate Christian names from non-Christian names?

Last edited:
The argument that it is a Christian country, so the term Christian name is correct. What about all the people who have been born in this country but have not been baptised or choose not to follow the Christian faith for whatever reason?

Also it being a Christian country. I thought that just meant Christianity was the most popular religion in this country, rather than everyone born here is a Christian and will therefore have a Christian name.

Does the term Christian name not just differentiate Christian names from non-Christian names?

Well i thought Christianity was the most popular religion obviously its not reading the PC lots comments! Maybe they'd enjoy other, say islamic religions gaining ground and then we'd really be in trouble. :eek:. Chow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back