Judith Williams The Private WebChat On BTY

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's such a shame, it had the potential to be a really good group. He's very foolish, but Madame Presenter clearly felt threatened by it too.

When I read here that he'd have his own group, I thought uh oh, that'll be a page full of my way or the high way, Diva attitude and deleted posts, looks like I was right. Who wants to pander to a DF Mark 2, to find out a TSV? which comes back a few weeks later for a pound or two more anyway. Some people have way too much time on their hands.

Totally agree with everyone about this second group. I joined thinking it would be a great alternative to the heavily censored BTY and Q page. However I quickly realised that after the admin started to blame "FB glitches" for deleting posts that this was nothing more than a BTY mark 2.
Between him, DF and their respective admin teams they seem to have the majority of people on there believing in the Facebook Fairy and FB glitches. I'm a co-admin of a very busy Walking Dead closed group of over over 19k members and I have never once blamed a glitch for deleting a post because an admin has deleted it......but here's the difference....we're honest about it and directly message the person to state why. I also have a close friend who works for Facebook who has said that glitches can happen occasionally...he emphasised the word occasionally...but if lots of posts are disappearing then they are being deleted...and it's not by facebook.
I'm no fan of DF or her admin but at least they seem to be honest about post deletion although they are not about the "request to join" so called glitch. She has said anyone who runs a group will be aware that requests disappear...and yes they do....but not 8 requests in a row. We all know her admin wont let anyone in without DF checking the Screenshot folder on her ipad to see if theyve ever dared had an opinion elsewhere on facebook. And as for her admin, anyone who uses the big letter A for Admin as their profile picture needs to have a long hard look at themselves for taking a small fry group so seriously (and 4k members is small fry in the terms of social media)
I have now left the Mark 2 group after a lady helpfully posted a second picture of the upcoming bag TSV and had it deleted. Although at least this time the admin stated he didn't want the feed to become clogged up with pictures. Probably semi - honest and the real reason was that he does not like anyone stealing his thunder of posting these exclusive pics. He even gets upset when people post them on the main Q page. Getting "upset" seems to be the go to manipulation tool. As no one really wants to make anyone upset. But crying wolf and stamping your feet is not really getting upset. It's about ego.
What these admins fail to realise is that a successful group is only as good as it's members. And an admins role is to oversee things not rule with an iron fist and definitely not blame FB glitches.
Oh and one more thing about these so - called glitches. Posts may disappear from the the group if it is a geniune glitch...however they will not be deleted...you will still be able to see the post on your personal activity log. If this disappears from your activity log it has been deleted..not by a facebook fairy glitch but by the admin...with a glitch the post will eventually re-appear.
Anyway thankfully there are places like this where people are wise enough not to believe the rubbish spouted on facebook and where people can have a opinion.

I saw that post too last night about the bag picture and I really felt very sorry for the lady who had queried why her picture had been deleted. As all she was trying to do was offer further info to others but boy did it seem to kick off against her. She only asked a reasonable question too, and one that she was perfectly entitled to ask as it was her post that had been deleted. I think it was quite transparent to see what had happened .... simple cries of ouch echoed as little toesies were trodden on. FB glitches my bottom :mysmilie_8:

Last edited:
I saw this post too. The whole thing had been deleted by this morning!

OMG the arrogance of this person knows no boundaries !
He has just posted that because QVC allowed one woman to post an upcoming tsv on their page and haven`t yet deleted it, that QVC must want him back.
Dream on ....

Totally agree with everyone about this second group. I joined thinking it would be a great alternative to the heavily censored BTY and Q page. However I quickly realised that after the admin started to blame "FB glitches" for deleting posts that this was nothing more than a BTY mark 2.

The phrase BTY 2 was being used within a week of the group opening, and he was told people felt this way. He chose to ignore the warnings so only has himself to blame. I do think, though, that he's easily manipulated and that the BTY acolytes who were sent in were being told to take full advantage of this. There was no way Madame Presenter was going to allow the new group to be successful. His biggest mistake was to make BTY members admins.

Who are we talking about here....I'm confused! It can't be DF since the references are to a 'he' but I can't find any qvcuk related website that features a male qvcuk presenter or is this because it's only open to hand picked facebookers?

He has just posted that because QVC allowed one woman to post an upcoming tsv on their page and haven`t yet deleted it, that QVC must want him back.
Dream on ....

:mysmilie_483:

Who are we talking about here....I'm confused! It can't be DF since the references are to a 'he' but I can't find any qvcuk related website that features a male qvcuk presenter or is this because it's only open to hand picked facebookers?

It's a closed Facebook group so you need to be a member to read the posts.

The person whom many of the posts are about is a member of ST.com, so he will be able to read all these comments, but won't be able to delete any of them

Who are we talking about here....I'm confused!

I've got no idea either and am not on Facebook so it will remain a mystery. I'll live though. :wink: But ............ having read this thread, it looks as though 'he' and 'she' are both just legends in their own lunchtime, or think that they are.

Dream on ....

Guess who's started posting on the QVC FB page again . . . . . . .

I think he's under some ludicrous misconception that he's carrying out a public service, a thankless task, spending tireless hours on a computer to find out something that the company don't like him doing and the customers will find out on the day. I do find it hilarious though that he a DF are fighting for social media supremacy, to be loved and bathe in adoration for releasing the next Scrub Daddy, storage cube or overpriced beauty product TSV twenty hours early. You couldn't write it could you? :mysmilie_15:

Is it appropriate to attack another forum member in this way?

No, I'm not a minion.

Usually I`d agree with that but on this occasion I think its well deserved. Especially when you`ve seen the bullying by his keyboard warriors, the lies, the threats, yes threats, such as when people were having a laugh on a thread, they were threatened to watch out or else, because HE wasn`t in the mood.
You give it, you gotta get it back and as strato said, he can`t delete on here.

They're talking about supercoolwillow.

I'd miss the new beauty item and TSV heads up if he stopped posting here.

Don't you have to be a member of a closed facebook group to read its posts?

I only know him from here and the odd look a while back on QVC FB were I seen him once belittle a man (about two years ago) who posted a TSV before him and he let him know in no uncertain terms, him and only him is allowed to do that, I know on a public page how very dare he. But from reading here now, looks like both QVC and him have no morals or the ability to stand by their convictions.

Latest posts

Back