JR's God Awful trousers and Hoof shoes!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thank you Loveinamist! I needed that, was wavering for a second there but no I've held off!
Don't know whats got into me lately but last night was actually tempted by a Charlie 'plastic fantastic' Lapson bag! :sweat:

Nooooooooooooooo oh nooooooooooooooooo.

Is it a certain time of the month? If so affirmation time for you my lady "I do not need anything that I would not normally choose when sane" :mysmilie_503:

Thank you Loveinamist! I needed that, was wavering for a second there but no I've held off!
Don't know whats got into me lately but last night was actually tempted by a Charlie 'plastic fantastic' Lapson bag! :sweat:

never mind about Julia's dress sense being tempted by a plastic looking bag at very expensive leather prices is a serious condition.We need to recite the F.A.R.Ting mantra but at least Loveinamist you didn't use Qcut/hit the red button etc etc. so there is hope!

I don't understand why anyone would care what JR wears as long as she does her job properly.

Well I got one of those plastic fantastic bags similar, in fact very similar to Charlies range from one of those handbag carts you find in shopping malls a few months ago.

Its a beautiful shade of deep purple & I have been asked at least twice which designer made it:smirk:

I paid .... wait for it ....... £15:mysmilie_378:

Has she not got any other clothes????? .... she wears nothing else all week long, she looks crap and like a kaka, for goodness sake, dress your age, surely she has loads to choose from.... the top is nice but.......

I noticed too, bottom half less than great, when I see her in the tight leggings I was think of Max Wall and :giggle:

Well I got one of those plastic fantastic bags similar, in fact very similar to Charlies range from one of those handbag carts you find in shopping malls a few months ago.

Its a beautiful shade of deep purple & I have been asked at least twice which designer made it:smirk:

I paid .... wait for it ....... £15

I can top that!! Mine cost.... wait for it........... nothing!! It was a free gift with a Liz Arden purchase in America earlier this year, looks very Charlie Lapsang Souchong, have also been asked which designer made mine. :giggle:

BUT aren't Charlie's bags leather, not plastic? :confused:

I noticed too, bottom half less than great, when I see her in the tight leggings I was think of Max Wall and :giggle:

Kathy so do i!! IMO Julia is a good looking woman for her age but does herself no favours re those leggings and footwear(although to be fair i think she has problems with her feet since suffering a childhood illness?)since her weight loss her arms and legs are skinny compared to her middle/bum/tummy which is slightly bigger giving her the "Max Wall" look.

I can top that!! Mine cost.... wait for it........... nothing!! It was a free gift with a Liz Arden purchase in America earlier this year, looks very Charlie Lapsang Souchong, have also been asked which designer made mine. :giggle:

Yep they are leather, not that you can tell though, why oh why would anyone take a perfectly decent leather and turn it in a plastic looking bag! Its not even a nice patent effect! I had to slap myself a few times but managed to F A R T! lol :giggle:

Love it! Why didn't I think of that????

:heart:

Has she not got any other clothes????? .... she wears nothing else all week long, she looks crap and like a kaka, for goodness sake, dress your age, surely she has loads to choose from.... the top is nice but.......

They dooo look like hooves! I hadn't seen them from the side until the other night and they are not only hooves; they are cloven hooves!

She needs to ditch them, the zippy leggings and the ringlets. It would make the world of difference. Surely her feet can't be that bad that she can't get a pretty pair of shoes on; she sits down most of the time anyway and it isn't as if she is expected to do a marathon. Look what lovely shoes Catherine Huntley wears and how pretty and elegant she looks when she's sat on a stool.

They dooo look like hooves! I hadn't seen them from the side until the other night and they are not only hooves; they are cloven hooves!

She needs to ditch them, the zippy leggings and the ringlets. It would make the world of difference. Surely her feet can't be that bad that she can't get a pretty pair of shoes on; she sits down most of the time anyway and it isn't as if she is expected to do a marathon. Look what lovely shoes Catherine Huntley wears and how pretty and elegant she looks when she's sat on a stool.

I couldn't even stand up in the shoes that Catherine wears! Like Julia, I have problem feet and when you actually find some footwear that is comfortable, believe me you wear it to death.:nod:

Surely she doesn't wear them outside, year round, so she must have boots, sandals or shoes she could wear. I hate wearing shoes, have "difficult" feet and had a job where I was on my feet for up to 14 hours a day, but I wore comfortable yet attractive, sandals. She is almost always sitting down so I really don't see the need for the flip flops.
I don't lose sleep over it, or even care that much but, if asked, I would venture that she should make more effort - 'cos we're worth it.....

I know that this thread has moved along a bit now, but I've only just really caught up with it.
Going back to insulting fellow forum members. So a topic's been "done to death?" Is it really polite to reply with such a response, and a yawn? No wonder the OP bit back! If it MUST be pointed out, surely a simple "see thread of...such and such a date would be better"...or not to respond at all unless you wish to read/comment about the subject.

I don't think anyone should be told on a public forum to "get a life", especially this one, cause as we all know as shopping telly fans that we get enough stick from the outside world (for the want of a better expression) to last us a lifetime!

We're on here to praise/critisise/recommend/warn/have a good laugh about all things "shopping telly"....not to have a pop at one another. Obviously if something has been said that you feel is inappropriate for whatever reason, there's a good moderator in Sazza!

somebody on here called one of the presenters a bitch,that wasnt paricularly nice either,was it, but didnt seem to offend some forunites
being told to get a life is quite mild in comparison,however,
I apologise if I have caused offence to OP but lately there seem to be so many threads on JR that are all the same thing,ie criticising her hair/clothes/shoes/dress size or dress sense/bags under her eyes
it does get a bit tedious,in my opinion
whilst I am not her biggest fan,it seems a new thread starts daily going over the same old thing
it would be nice if we could discuss oher things now and again!

Last edited:
Kathy so do i!! IMO Julia is a good looking woman for her age but does herself no favours re those leggings and footwear(although to be fair i think she has problems with her feet since suffering a childhood illness?)since her weight loss her arms and legs are skinny compared to her middle/bum/tummy which is slightly bigger giving her the "Max Wall" look.

Didn't stop her being a dancer in the Moulin Rouge no less (Ellis on IW was a dancer there as well!)

somebody on here called one of the presenters a bitch,that wasnt paricularly nice either,was it, but didnt seem to offend some forunites
being told to get a life is quite mild in comparison,however,
I apologise if I have caused offence to OP but lately there seem to be so many threads on JR that are all the same thing,ie criticising her hair/clothes/shoes/dress size or dress sense/bags under her eyes
it does get a bit tedious,in my opinion
whilst I am not her biggest fan,it seems a new thread starts daily going over the same old thing
it would be nice if we could discuss oher things now and again!

...But there's loads of threads about other things, you could start one too. I totally agree being told to get a life is perhaps milder than being called a bitch, but the "Bitch" wasn't aimed at a fellow forum member. All I'm trying to say is, yes, I know we slate the presenters as well as praise them, but we don't need to start being rude to one another. You don't agree with me, but you're not being rude about it. A healthy disagreement that's what I'd call it. You may say that we should show the presenters as much respect as we show one another, but this site is about what they do, and critisism is part and parcel...I'd have never have used the word "Bitch" myself, you're right it's not particularly nice, it offended some but not others, but there are ways of disagreeing without being rude to the person who posted it, it doesn't make for a very good atmosphere imo.

I think Julia is a tad too short to have danced at the Moulin Rouge. You have to be at least 5'7"

Didn't stop her being a dancer in the Moulin Rouge no less (Ellis on IW was a dancer there as well!)

Don't they all have to dance with their knockers hanging out? She would have given herself a black eye :giggle: I've heard her mention hoofing on the cruise ships and doing summer season with Cannon & Ball :wave: I think her show-biz career was more chorus-line than top-of-the-bill :smirk: But look where she is now - the undisputed Queen of Shopping Telly! :clapping:

Latest posts

Back