JR & The Tweet That Went Horribly WRONG!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Does anyone remember a drunk ( although you couldn't tell he was at the strt of the call)and abusive caller coming through to speak to Paul Lavers when he was on Q years ago? He dealt with it well as I recall. I also recall another bloke rang in when Simon Biagi was presenting Lock n Lock and said how cr*p it was.

I'm another member of the 'mute the sound when a call comes through to the studio' gang (thought it was just me!)

i was thinking about t callers as i was reading this thread lilactree. it has to be a bigger risk surely because they have no idea what's coming - at least they can see what is said on twitter?

i don't recall the incident you mentioned although i would think paul lavers was the best person to deal with it. the only slightly cheeky one i remember was someone asking where steve whatley had gone and why he left. he was cut off pretty smartish. the presenter was rob somebody i think - plump and always on about his girlfriend. he did sort of splutter and bumble a bit but eventually managed to say "he's gone on to other things".

Had she said she didn't like the name that would be fine. She did the eye rolling and displayed ignorant rudeness that I associate with an era long gone, or so we thought.

so she thought it was a stupid name and reacted... wot-ev-oh! *snaps fingers in the shape of a "W"* ... people who call their kids something ridiculous do it for a reaction, good or bad. and in that case they got one, on live telly.

it probably want christian enough for julia :cheeky:

rob locke used to like him i've never heard an embarrasing caller prob cos like i said previously i mute just incase lol

I think that was Rob Locke, janie. I think he went to work in America. I can imagine him blustering his way through his reponse! Didn't mind him at all.

Can't believe I remember such trivial things from yonks ago but if you asked me what I had for dinner on Sunday, i'd not be able to tell you!

so she thought it was a stupid name and reacted... wot-ev-oh! *snaps fingers in the shape of a "W"* ... people who call their kids something ridiculous do it for a reaction, good or bad. and in that case they got one, on live telly.

it probably want christian enough for julia :cheeky:

Luna isn't ridiculous, just different and not particularly British. Am I an Antichrist since I don't possess (diabolically or otherwise) one of them thar fancy Christian names?

i don't even think it's that bad. it's short, easy to say and a lot of english names end in 'a'.

i don't even think it's that bad. it's short, easy to say and a lot of english names end in 'a'.

Exactly, it's just another Italian name like Maria, but just a bit unusual here. Unlike the sophisticated choice of Daniel and Sophie.

Well I caught it on the morning repeat and found it amusing. Firstly for the cheek of the tweeter and secondly that she didn't realise it was rude towards her until she'd read it out. That aside, she was very professional and sleekly carried on, without even a hint of annoynance in her voice.

I find the t-callers highly amusing most of the time. The best one was asking whether she could use arnica bath soak in the shower as she didn't have a bath. AY told her not really, but she could soak her feet in it, in a bowl of water. Her response was that she didn't have any feet to which AY replied that it probably wasn't the product for her then.

Well I caught it on the morning repeat and found it amusing. Firstly for the cheek of the tweeter and secondly that she didn't realise it was rude towards her until she'd read it out. That aside, she was very professional and sleekly carried on, without even a hint of annoynance in her voice.

I find the t-callers highly amusing most of the time. The best one was asking whether she could use arnica bath soak in the shower as she didn't have a bath. AY told her not really, but she could soak her feet in it, in a bowl of water. Her response was that she didn't have any feet to which AY replied that it probably wasn't the product for her then.

Yes, one of the great AY moments :giggle:

"Look if you don't have feet you DON'T need this..."

She then tells us for the following 10 years that she won't sell something you dont need.

Names ending in A

Luna
Linda
Lorna
Laura
Freda
Maria
Sara
Brenda
Wanda
Vera
Zara
Barbara
JULIA
Suzanna
Dora
Cora

Oh, ............ fed up now !

I saw this last night & wasn't sure if I heard it right, bless her, she must have been v embarrassed, it's not like she could defend herself & reply in the way she probably wanted to. I thought I heard her read out another tweet just before & it said something about a pig, I don't know if she read it wrong but she repeated it & she sounded a bit confused by it?

Imagine how irritating it would be if we went into a high street shop and the sales assistants were tweeting, rather than serving the customers. I reckon the manager would be bombarded with complaints. QVC should take note! It seems unprofessional to me.

I realise that the presenters are probably chuffed that Father Christmas bought them an iPad, or similar, but they are there to sell the products not to have private moments with their tweeters/twitterers, or whatever they're called.

And you can probably guess that I don't have an iPad and I can't comprehend the appeal of tweeting to find out what people are doing or thinking every minute of the day, but I do know 'good service' when I see it (and that's been in short supply recently from some of the presenters who seem fixated with clutching their iPads during a show.)

Names ending in A

Luna
Linda
Lorna
Laura
Freda
Maria
Sara
Brenda
Wanda
Vera
Zara
Barbara
JULIA
Suzanna
Dora
Cora

Oh, ............ fed up now !

Plus

Andrea
Samantha
Veronica
Victoria
Paula
Isadora
Sasha
Christina
Pamela
Nora
Phillipa
Marianna
Gemma
Jessica
Tara

Does it ever end? :cheeky:

Great thread btw....:clapping:

Last edited:
Instead of `tweeting` pre programs I just wish they would make sure they have all the info in place that the buyer wants to know .....the sizing issue really annoys me when they are so flipant telling you to ring in for them or check the web site!!!...and worst of all is to buy your normal size ..normal on QVC ..they are having a laugh!! Yes we can all afford the returns P&P if we guess wrong!!

Re sizing info etc - I was talking to someone who worked in their call centre when she was a student. She said that during the clothing hours, women would phone in and ask what size waist XXXL is. She'd tell them 72" and in a frustrated tone, they'd ask if they had 'anything bigger' and just 'how much give' there is in them.

Latest posts

Back