JR - put weight on???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well I blame the QVC dressing room mirror:tongue: I think maybe AY and JR share the same QVC mirror...:mysmilie_845:

I'm a size 8 but being in my mid fifties I wouldn't dream of showing my upper arms. I do wear leggings but only with a long tunic. As someone else said, she needs a session with Gok.

When you get to our age, particularly if you've been pregnant, the skin is crepey and the muscle structure underneath isn't there any more. No-one needs to see all that.

I'm 45 and I have 2 kids and I'm a size 6, I have a better body than alot of girls half my age.

Having kids doesn't make your skin crepey, being a lazy slob who never works out does :cheeky:

I'm 45 and I have 2 kids and I'm a size 6, I have a better body than alot of girls half my age.

Having kids doesn't make your skin crepey, being a lazy slob who never works out does :cheeky:

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you.
I've got a decade & some on you, I've had two children (2 C sections) & I'm a size 6 with a 25" waist.
I've never worked out, but I have got crepey skin and it is caused by the loss of collagen and elastin
That comes with age.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5081880_causes-thinning-skin.html

Last edited:
skin tone is not the same as muscle tone. if your skin is thicker and therefore not slack it will look better than a finer skin where the collagen production is less over age. i have very good skin on my face and neck but my body in places is very slack

Like I said you need to work out to keep things toned.

Working out tones muscle not skin. As minim says crepey skin is due to depletion of collagen and elastin. If your skin is still good at 45 then this owes more to good genes and luck than exercise...give it another 6 years or so til the menopause kicks in and you're likely see a slackening of your skin however much you work out.

Working out tones muscle not skin. As minim says crepey skin is due to depletion of collagen and elastin. If your skin is still good at 45 then this owes more to good genes and luck than exercise...give it another 6 years or so til the menopause kicks in and you're likely see a slackening of your skin however much you work out.

Oh how true this is!

Lol @ having good genes, it's got nowt to do with it I just work hard to look the way I look.

You can all kid yourselves on all you like, my gym is full of women like you, excuses, excuses, excuses :mysmilie_5:

Lol @ having good genes, it's got nowt to do with it I just work hard to look the way I look.

You can all kid yourselves on all you like, my gym is full of women like you, excuses, excuses, excuses :mysmilie_5:
I see you haven't changed MOMAD. You were full of yourself years ago when you couldn't wait to post your photo in The Drop, and you still can't get over yourself. :rolleyes:

You can go to a gym every day of your life and still have a face like a bag of spanners. Look at Gareth Thomas on BB. Nice bod, shame he looks like Albert Steptoe.

Latest posts

Back