Joy the model

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've just popped on to QVCs FB to have mooch (goodness it's a miserable place) and you can see who are the DF super fans on that post were they're arguing about the reason Joy left, sorry pushed, in fact I think one of them may very well be DF. If Joy posts on BTY (don't know because I wouldn't look there if you payed me) but I'm inclined to believe Joy, I don't know her but she comes across as an honest person. Put two fingers up to QVC Joy, it's their loss.

How d'you spell fabulous?!...............J.O.Y!! :mysmilie_14:
Couldn't find this on FB? What is BTY?

I don`t care what size any of the models or presenters are. The main thing is they need to wear the correct size and frequently they don`t. Joy often looked squashed into things and it failed both her and the products. I`d say Joy is bigger than a 16/18 but so are many many other people but looking at Joy squashed into something would hardly sell it to me. So many of Q`s clothing ranges only go up to an approx size 18 and they`d squash Joy into the largest size when in reality she probably needed a size 20 or even bigger because of her wonderful chesticles. Their new plus size model actually looks a size 16/18 and is more in proportion IMO. That being said, Joy had character, you could see it in her and she oozed confidence and I`ve no doubt she`ll never be short of work. QVC`s loss is someone else`s gain.

I have no idea how Joy kept her job as long as she did, she did have a very unique shape. She has a pretty face, so no problem being a make up model... but imo never a fashion model...

I have no idea how Joy kept her job as long as she did, she did have a very unique shape. She has a pretty face, so no problem being a make up model... but imo never a fashion model...

Ignoring the chesticles the apple shape that she represents is not unique, and does represent a lot of us. As it happens Joy is tall, busty and apple shaped, and that represents me very well, and I'm surely not the only one. I agree that they need to show more body shapes than they have currently, but a lot of us, as we get older, fall victim to middle aged spread and develop from a pear shape to an apple shape. Lots of younger hourglass or pear shapes will represent that bodyshape, but Joy was actually the only apple shape model I've seen on QVC.

Couldn't find this on FB? What is BTY?

Back to You - it was originally set up as a tie-in to the shows Debbie Flint has done in the past. It seems to have taken on a life of its own since then.

Back to You is for sycophants IMO. Feel free to join, but be prepared to get an automatic ban if you ever dare say anything that goes against the 'QVC are fabulous' brigade.
Honestly, it's like a new religion (or cult).

I know I might be looking back with rose tinted glasses, but Debbie Flint wan't this bad first time round was she?
Mind you, saying that, neither was Sara G either and she's insufferable as well.

if you look at joys facebook page you will see how much better her figure looks in real life. she looks taller and has a more balanced figure. i think its qvc cameras. they are cruel at best lol. no one looks like they do on qvc. debbie flint is not a 14/16 shes a 10 maybe a tiny 12. alison young is miniscule.

I don't know what bra's Q made her wear only in some of the fashion ranges she modelled her boobs seemed to be just under her chin!

Back to You is for sycophants IMO. Feel free to join, but be prepared to get an automatic ban if you ever dare say anything that goes against the 'QVC are fabulous' brigade.
Honestly, it's like a new religion (or cult).

I know I might be looking back with rose tinted glasses, but Debbie Flint wan't this bad first time round was she?
Mind you, saying that, neither was Sara G either and she's insufferable as well.

Yes Mr M I actually looked forward to Sara coming back as she would always say Forgive me for interrupting ,but now she's on a par with AY.:mysmilie_48:

I won't miss her as I thought she was awful. The clothes never fit her properly and she didn't act like a professional model IMO. She was too busy shoving her chest out all the time.

You're probably right about be cruel cameras!
You can tell Alison young is petite in real life but Debbie Flint (who I have seen in real life) is no way a size ten! I reckon she's definitely a 14 (why would she say she's s 14/16 highstreet if she's not, one rarely exaggerates one's size - especially not narcissists like Debbie!) She wears mediums or larges on screen - probably mostly mediums especially since she's been doing whatever it is she witters on about - and they fit her well.
I think she's quite attractive although her look is quite old fashioned with big hair and it's awful dye effect etc but it's her poses that get me - she's obviously been shown once that pose where you stand diagonally towards the camera because she now does it in every photo and on air, combined with a mouth pout!!
(Sorry not slept all night so in a grump ;)

I agree 100% about the pose!

DBF is no way a size 10. Just compare her to the models who are granted much taller but you get an idea of how broad a size 10 should be and she just looks squat next to them. She is what she says, a 14/16. At least she's not claiming she's smaller than she is.

It's hard to tell someone's size on television but I agree that comparing them to others is an indicator. DF does look a lot bigger than some other presenters and guests so based on that if she was a 10 they must be a 4 or 6.

Maybe what Joy meant was that the person who is replacing her happens to be younger but that might not be the reason for her going. I presume they get models through an agency so maybe they saw someone else on the agency books they thought would suit? It is the type of comment people say all the time when it's not the full story.

I too am surprised as I liked her and thought she was great fun but many people on here were often incredibly harsh about her... Not sure how the she was viewed by the majority of viewers though?
If she's been replaced by the plus size model who was doing the Nina Leonard tsv (which Joy always did and Lenny used to have great banter with her), then they've made a mistake IMHO because I find the newer lady (sorry don't know her name) awkward to watch...

I like it when the models join in a bit, or speak back or just interact it feels much more natural and fun...

I thought that too not making any comments about her looks as she is an attractive girl but she doesn`t look comfortable at all and doesn`t seem to know how to pose with ease or use her hands to show off the clothes as the others do ..perhaps its nerves and once she settles and watches and learns from the others will be ok

Thought I hadn't seen Joy for a while. I often thought she looked better in the clothes than some of the thinner models, depending on the brand and she's certainly a very pretty lady. Don't think much of some of the bigger models now although I love Natasha who just gets it all out there and why not? I think she looks lovely in most things but they do need to fit properly and I think that was Joy's problem, the clothes didn't fit her.

Maybe DF says she's a 14/16 because that's the size that QVC think many of their buying public are and as things look so lovely on Debs, we will all clamour to buy. Hmmmmmm.

CC

In Joy`s last post on the BTY group page she says and I quote "Thank you all for your support. I am truly touched. The wounds in my back have healed and those who told untruths about me for their own personal gratification will have to live with their conscience"
Earlier in the same thread DF was trying to shut everybody up lol.

Thought I hadn't seen Joy for a while. I often thought she looked better in the clothes than some of the thinner models, depending on the brand and she's certainly a very pretty lady. Don't think much of some of the bigger models now although I love Natasha who just gets it all out there and why not? I think she looks lovely in most things but they do need to fit properly and I think that was Joy's problem, the clothes didn't fit her.

Maybe DF says she's a 14/16 because that's the size that QVC think many of their buying public are and as things look so lovely on Debs, we will all clamour to buy. Hmmmmmm.

CC

If so, they are delusional! I don't like Debbie's dress sense, and I don't think the things she chooses to wear from the extensive choice of similar items QVC has do her any favours. Plus she's one of the people who very obviously uses shapewear - so I've no trust at all when she says what size she's wearing...

In Joy`s last post on the BTY group page she says and I quote "Thank you all for your support. I am truly touched. The wounds in my back have healed and those who told untruths about me for their own personal gratification will have to live with their conscience"
Earlier in the same thread DF was trying to shut everybody up lol.

That sounds like it was a painful parting of ways! Shame on whoever was involved...

I liked Joy too-she had personality and a sense of fun about her.

Until I watched QVC I always assumed models had to have great poise, a good figure (whatever the dress size) were attractive and well turned out . My assumption was wrong!!

Some of the fake tans are ridiculous,hair is often lank and greasy with 2 inches of roots, feet calloused and rough and the obvious use of fillers and botox is a bit rich especially when trying to convince us mere mortals its all down to skincare brands!!

I would love to see shows occasionally where non professional models are used showing a variety of brands of clothing then we could really see how the clothing can look on a variety of body shapes-particularly those like me with a lumpy belly lol!!

Sometime the truth hurts; and not only were one's eyes focused on Joy's chest when she sashayed onto the catwalk, but when modelling trousers/leggings/jeggings she would turn around to give us the bottom back view and the screen went black, so it was an "er, noooooooo Joy" - the bum of a larger gal is generally not a sight to behold, and not what most of us aspire to - yes we are all different shapes, but we don't be shown what we really could look like !

Latest posts

Back