Joy the model

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I also thought the larger model looked very awkward in the Nina Leonard hour.She is also very tall and they had her teamed with a very short model at one stage .It looked odd.

The anti ageism law is very interesting though ,because If it is because of Joys age then I think that is discrimination. She could challenge it.

It's barmy. Tiffany's easily got 20 years on Joy.

It's this Joy

Doubt if QVC could be done on ageism as the models are probably not on a contract, just booked on an as needed basis from an agency.

They are just not making good decisions are they. DF look horrendous in Q fashion, the colours and patterns and "style" of the stuff, and she looks trussed up in them. Joy is gorg, has presence and modelling class in abundance. The new crop of models look like rabbits in headlights. They will settle in undoubtedly but Joy is missed and if Stacey YBF comes back she will be upset to learn Joy has gone.

It's funny isn't it. The slimmer models are allowed to age (well, as much as botox, fillers, procedures and implants that they may have had allow) but the plus size models aren't. All the plus size models are younger. The best is Natasha. All the others still look very gauche and awkward, and don't show off the clothes very well.

According to the blurb on the modelling agency she works for Joy is in the 35-45 age bracket. I know there has been some banter about her chesticles, but she's an apple shape which sadly is reflective of a lot of women's transformation through menopause. I like her sassy personality, and more often than not she makes the clothes look pretty good (especially when not going for the skin-tight look). I also liked her on the YBF shows, going from barefaced to glam. It's a shame. QVC seem to be getting rid of the things and people that make them watchable.

I think, if they are chasing after a younger core demographic (particularly for their fashion), they are shooting for the moon. Unless they sell disposable clothing at rock bottom prices, they won't make many inroads with the youngsters. And their business model really makes that impossible as they'd be charging more in P&P than the item was actually worth. I'd like to see them try, but I predict they'd get their fingers burned.

If they want to be more innovative, they should be giving us a wider variety of models for the fashion - different dress sizes, heights, builds, ethnicities - even if some of that is accomplished in shoots that they record and replay (if it works for beauty product of the month, why not other products...). Show us all how gorgeous someone like us can look with a makeover in QVC fashion - and do it as a regular spot... and if they do invite people from the public to be part of such a series of shows - make sure they're not all recruited from the back to you facebook group!

They have members of the public modelling on This Morning, I think it is a good idea.

I've just popped on to QVCs FB to have mooch (goodness it's a miserable place) and you can see who are the DF super fans on that post were they're arguing about the reason Joy left, sorry pushed, in fact I think one of them may very well be DF. If Joy posts on BTY (don't know because I wouldn't look there if you payed me) but I'm inclined to believe Joy, I don't know her but she comes across as an honest person. Put two fingers up to QVC Joy, it's their loss.

How d'you spell fabulous?!...............J.O.Y!! :mysmilie_14:

qvc lack common curtesy. they can barely say goodbye to models or vendors that have died or leave qvc much less hold on to loyal popular staff members. they will have a hard time finding a model of joys calibre plus size or not!

They need models with experience to make the clothes look good. I think Joy is one of the best. Apple-shape is true to life for all too many of us....

I also like Sharron Raynor. Some people don't like her twirling, but I think she shows the clothes extremely well.

A lot of the younger models stand there looking rather gormless, I'm afraid - it doesn't always appear that they've had the sort of training you would expect them to have... and you do need to be taught what to do, surprisingly enough.

Gormless is a good word ! when spoken to by the presenters they just stand there like a wooden top, no interaction whatsoever. As another poster has mentioned, Q are on to a hiding for nothing if they after a younger audience. 95% of the fashion is from the States, who have never been at the cutting edge of fashion , let alone cater for the tastes of the young ! Especially when Oxford St Top Shop is always full of American teenagers !! We often blame the buyers at Q, but they themselves may have limited choice if they are governed by the parent branch in America.

As QVC has been successful in this country for the past 20 odd years, I'm surprised that some wealthy investors hasn't noticed there is a gap in the market, by bucking the trend, and start a shopping channel supplied mainly by British companies (ok a lot of the goods could originate in China, as currently happens, but no doubt all the profits would stay in this Country)

Will be interesting to see if Joy comes back for the next lot of YBF shows. I believe Joy and Amica (RIP), are/were friends of Stacey outside of work.
I doubt it though. Q don't like anyone not toeing the line.

I doubt Joy could prove ageism. QVC is constantly changing its models. If it's sizism, then why did they employ her in the first place? Probably because they thought she was a token XL model whose chesticles would make clothes hang well, but the backlash seems to have come from the viewing public who didn't see her shape as representative of most XL figures so they couldn't see how clothes would hang on them. So Q has basically shot itself in the foot.

if you look at joys facebook page you will see how much better her figure looks in real life. she looks taller and has a more balanced figure. i think its qvc cameras. they are cruel at best lol. no one looks like they do on qvc. debbie flint is not a 14/16 shes a 10 maybe a tiny 12. alison young is miniscule.

Give me Joy over the bland 'away with the fairies' Tiffany any day! At least she had personality unlke Tiff who always looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights to me! I don't watch Ideal World much but l do like their models Lynn and Shelagh, probably because they actually treat them like people and let them talk and be part of the shows. All l can say is that is that is QVCs loss and not Joys! Onwards and upwards I say Joy!!

if you look at joys facebook page you will see how much better her figure looks in real life. she looks taller and has a more balanced figure. i think its qvc cameras. they are cruel at best lol. no one looks like they do on qvc. debbie flint is not a 14/16 shes a 10 maybe a tiny 12. alison young is miniscule.

You're probably right about be cruel cameras!
You can tell Alison young is petite in real life but Debbie Flint (who I have seen in real life) is no way a size ten! I reckon she's definitely a 14 (why would she say she's s 14/16 highstreet if she's not, one rarely exaggerates one's size - especially not narcissists like Debbie!) She wears mediums or larges on screen - probably mostly mediums especially since she's been doing whatever it is she witters on about - and they fit her well.
I think she's quite attractive although her look is quite old fashioned with big hair and it's awful dye effect etc but it's her poses that get me - she's obviously been shown once that pose where you stand diagonally towards the camera because she now does it in every photo and on air, combined with a mouth pout!!
(Sorry not slept all night so in a grump ;)

Will be interesting to see if Joy comes back for the next lot of YBF shows. I believe Joy and Amica (RIP), are/were friends of Stacey outside of work.
I doubt it though. Q don't like anyone not toeing the line.

I think it used to be the case that the brand could specify the models. So maybe if Stacey asks for Joy, she will get Joy booked. We can hope.

But it looks like for Nina Leonard, now that there's no Lennie demanding Ms Fabulous, they're not booking her.

Loopy I agree with everything you say except finding DF attractive, the most ugly part of her though is the hard sell attitude she's got, trying to whip viewers up in to a frenzy telling them to "get in touch and get yours now!!" as if one is there belonging to you, now all you have to do is part with your cash.

You're probably right about be cruel cameras!
You can tell Alison young is petite in real life but Debbie Flint (who I have seen in real life) is no way a size ten! I reckon she's definitely a 14 (why would she say she's s 14/16 highstreet if she's not, one rarely exaggerates one's size - especially not narcissists like Debbie!) She wears mediums or larges on screen - probably mostly mediums especially since she's been doing whatever it is she witters on about - and they fit her well.
I think she's quite attractive although her look is quite old fashioned with big hair and it's awful dye effect etc but it's her poses that get me - she's obviously been shown once that pose where you stand diagonally towards the camera because she now does it in every photo and on air, combined with a mouth pout!!
(Sorry not slept all night so in a grump ;)

i saw debbie flint at the beauty bash in january. she is a slip of a thing. and very pretty. i dont know why she says shes a 14/16 because if she was she would look very big as a 14/16 at five foot and small frame would look quite a big size. putting it in context joy is a 16/18 and is several inches taller and a larger frame than debbie flint. also i notice her hair and make up is more sophisticated in the flesh. and she dresses a lot better. its so funny she is not as frumpy as she makes out. maybe me glasses need an upgrade lol

Give me Joy over the bland 'away with the fairies' Tiffany any day! At least she had personality unlke Tiff who always looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights to me! I don't watch Ideal World much but l do like their models Lynn and Shelagh, probably because they actually treat them like people and let them talk and be part of the shows. All l can say is that is that is QVCs loss and not Joys! Onwards and upwards I say Joy!!

Agree with all of the above. There is a much 'warmer' atmosphere on IW (although I have to turn off gobby Genevieve who say EVERYTHING is absolutely gorgeous!). On Vitalash demo Tiff could barely speak because of 'work' she's had done - her top lip and cheeks couldn't move ! and if as published a couple of years ago she's a few years away from 60, then my aunt is my uncle !!! She's either my age of 66, or older - just look at the rheumy eyes. If anything, when she's made up, and you see her in magazine shoots, its her perfect teeth you see first.

DBF is no way a size 10. Just compare her to the models who are granted much taller but you get an idea of how broad a size 10 should be and she just looks squat next to them. She is what she says, a 14/16. At least she's not claiming she's smaller than she is.

Latest posts

Back