Josie Maran TSV 18/08/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Having watched the presentation I think a better shade to go for would have been light/medium, apparently that is what Ali Young is wearing. I don't think the Fair has any pigment in it at all.

Watched the presentation - all seemed very 'glowing' - not in a good way!

I wish the presenter would wear a proper frock ...

Wow. I always thought there was something about Sarah Jagger & her representing the Laura Geller brand.

I especially remember her saying she loves Spackle...

That is really shocking. She said that spackle was what made her use Laura Geller in the first place

I am fair in Laura geller , anybody any idea what shade to pick in this tsv ?

I have gone back and forward with my decision but I have now finally settled on fair/light (I too wear LG bnb in fair) because we are heading into autumn now and the chances of this tiny amount of tan I have lasting through winter is small and 60ml of serum foundation sounds a lot. I read somewhere that someone else had gone with fair/light and was going to use bronzer to darken it if need be, so I'll use the tarte bronzer/blusher if needs be.

I was further confused when AY declared she had the light/medium on after me watching a presentation online where she said she was in fair/light. However, I didn't think she looked particularly good, so I've ordered the fair/light.

Try findation.com to compare foundation colours; ideally enter a couple of foundation brands and shades that you know suit you, it'll then offer suggestions for other shades and brands that should suit you. Mind you when I tried this just now I had to wade through a long list before I got to a Josie Maran suggestion, so then I tried it the opposite way- add the JM matchmaker foundation (the shade you think would be right for you) at the outset along with other ones you know suit and see if the results look right (works for me because I've tried so many foundations over the years). If your current favourite shows up in your results you've probably picked the right JM shade for you

I've tried the Fair/Light and the Light/Medium but the Fair/Light looks better on me - it evens out my skintone without adding any yellow tones, but doesn't make me look deathly pale once I've added the rest of my face. My 19 year old daughter loves JM products but didn't like the Matchmaker foundation, although she does prefer more coverage. I suggested adding a second layer all over or just for areas that need more coverage but she'd rather use a thicker foundation at the outset. As I've got older I've stopped trying to cover dark circles and every slight freckle (age spot) because it was drawing more attention to the flaws rather than disguising them, and I'd end up looking worse!

Light/Medium is nearly limited stock at 9am!

PS the shades are v forgiving: both Craig and Kathy are wearing the darkest shade from the TSV on today's morning show!

Watched the presentation - all seemed very 'glowing' - not in a good way!

I wish the presenter would wear a proper frock ...

Me too, she dresses for the beach not being on TV!

TSV going to sell out, less than 1000 left but then they only had 6000.

Me too, she dresses for the beach not being on TV!

With no EP's, that's £300,000 Q have banked today on one item. I tell you, we're in the wrong game!

I can't resist trying different foundations. So have ordered because of that and so now I will try this range that I wasn't tempted by particularly before. Who knows may love it!

Both light/medium & medium/dark have sold out now. Only fair/light left, which ironically is the shade that they have left in the 30ml bottle with the brush on the QVC website, so either they ordered a lot of that shade or with all this mixed advise people aren't buying it.

I didn't think they should buy a great deal of the collections, because of the OTO coming up this evening. But was surprised to see it go live last week for a short time and then again yesterday.

Try findation.com to compare foundation colours

I've just been on this site, added LG in fair, Mally in light and also bareMinerals in 'fairly light' and I got the fair/light option as a result for the serum foundation, so hopefully I have indeed ordered the correct shade.

Thanks for sharing this website Akimbo :) Very useful.

Well I bought the OTO thinking I wouldn't go for the TSV but yesterday started to waver. Anyway, tried to order it in my lunch hour and everything had sold out and fair was only available on wait list. Luckily called CS and they had one fair in stock, which I nabbed. I am particularly drawn to the eye shadow palette and brush and the lip product.

I always divide the amount of products in the set plus p&P minus the products what I won't use and that formula decides if I buy or not.
A lot of the brands we would never of heard about and probably would not buy without Q. The exception is Alpha H which all the top beauty bloggers are raving about. Sarah J did not even mention Laura G in her red carpet top products.

http://www.sarahjagger.co.uk/im-red-carpet-ready/

No mention of Laura G at all - are we to believe anything she says.................................??

What does everyone think of their TSV?

I have had really frantic days since I received the TSV so barely used but...

Yesterday I used the eyeshadow and foundation and today just the foundation.

I am really pleased with the foundation so far I bought medium as I have been looking washed out in my lighter foundations. It gives a really natural soft focus look and I happily wore it alone today with no eye makeup or blusher etc and I looked healthy and makeup free rather than half madeup and flat faced which perhaps I would if only wearing other foundations. It does have a strange texture when applying though it feels like I'm applying face cream over a dusty face which is peculiar and off putting but I'm sticking it out as I really like the finish and hope I'll soon get used to this sensation.

I used the eyeshadow yesterday hurriedly but the results were pretty good. I liked the brush especially the end to line the eyes which I did with the dark brown which I used dry and it looked fine and was very quick to do. I'm looking forward to playing with this pallett when I have more time.

Ps please excuse any errors I've mislaid my glasses.

Last edited:
I haven't used the Argan Oil (don't intend to either), but have used everything else & I really can't get on with eyeshadows. They don't seem to apply right to my lids. I like the foundation, lipstick, balm & mascara though.

Latest posts

Back