Josie Maran TSV 18/08/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I find I can just whack on a few blobs and smooth quickly with fingertips and then use a softer brush to buff (a kabuki or domed clean blusher-type brush would do the trick). it's quicker than using a flatter foundation brush and uses less product.

I must admit Akimbo, I like the tarte brush from the TSV for putting on liquid foundation, it has a good dense texture whilst still being soft. I use the tiniest blob of the Doll 10 liquid foundation which I pop on my nose and blend outwards with the tarte brush, then I put the tarte bronzer over the top which even on my pale and insipid skin looks quite subtle.

I've ordered myself a foundation brush, so although I still think it's a little high for a make up TSV, I'm going to order myself this when it comes back online.

It's actually only about £5/£6 higher than Mally/Laura Geller/bareMinerals/tarte and you do get the argan oil included in it. I however will try and sell the oil as I can't use it, then at least that will make my collection a little cheaper.

Well my TSV has arrived and I have just tested it out. I thought I'd give you all my thoughts to help you decide whether or not to buy it. I only used the make up products, as I may sell the argan oil. Firstly the foundation serum. Now I have not seen the products demonstrated so had no idea what to expect. I ordered the fair option. The foundation serum to me is just a serum. It is very runny, comes out white. I blended it with the Tarte foundation brush and to me there is no coverage with it at all. That doesn't bother me as I like a very light natural make up. I went over my face with the Tarte bronzer and am happy with the result. The balm is pleasant on the skin, again, I am not really seeing much there, I used it as a highlighter on my cheekbones. Again, I will use it. The mascara is nice enough, I have good eyelashes to am fine with pretty much all mascaras. It has a fat brush and the mascara does the job. The eyeshadows and double ended brush are excellent, very impressed with the quality, love the natural shades, the dark colour I used as an eyeliner with the thin end of the brush. Again, I am happy with that. The lipstick is a very nourishing balm with a hint of colour. It is supposed to be tickled pink but isn't pink at all on me, its more of a sort of rosey coral colour, but I do like it and like the feel of it on my lips.

So all in all I am happy with the kit, it is expensive, but I do like the feel of the make up on my skin and the light natural look of it. I would say though that if you are looking for more coverage this is not the kit for you.

...Firstly the foundation serum. Now I have not seen the products demonstrated so had no idea what to expect. I ordered the fair option. The foundation serum to me is just a serum. It is very runny, comes out white. I blended it with the Tarte foundation brush and to me there is no coverage with it at all...

Thanks for your thoughts. Can I ask, what colour cc primer did you go for in the tarte TSV? And also, do you wear LG bnb? If so, what shade? Just trying to gage your skin colour to see what I should be buying. Thanks.

Thanks for your thoughts. Can I ask, what colour cc primer did you go for in the tarte TSV? And also, do you wear LG bnb? If so, what shade? Just trying to gage your skin colour to see what I should be buying. Thanks.

Hi Warwa!

I am a pale redhead with freckles. I have the light Tarte primer, though I don't use it as it doesn't seem to do anything for me. I use Fair in B & B. I will use the Josie Maran foundation serum but just as a skin product because of the skincare ingredients in it. I will watch the presentation when the TSV goes live, it may have been better to go for a darker shade.

Hi Warwa!
I am a pale redhead with freckles. I have the light Tarte primer, though I don't use it as it doesn't seem to do anything for me. I use Fair in B & B. I will use the Josie Maran foundation serum but just as a skin product because of the skincare ingredients in it. I will watch the presentation when the TSV goes live, it may have been better to go for a darker shade.

I also bought the 'light' in the tarte TSV and wear 'fair' in bnb.

I don't use the cc primer stick. It did absolutely nothing for me. lol!

:mysmilie_10:Hey I had an email saying I could buy this 'first' and 'before anyone else'. I don't feel so special now!:mysmilie_51:

I watched that and thought it was pathetic,not sure why JM can't come here herself she's a beautiful lady.

Who knows Lynn?
It's like Laura Geller, she only really comes over for TSV's these days (but not the last one IIRC). Although Laura doesn't really own the company now, so she'll have to do as she's told like the rest of us. Could be the same for Josie as well I suppose? Anyone know if she actually owns the company?

TSV is live again for anyone wanting to buy before tomorrow's launch:
http://www.qvcuk.com/Josie-Maran-7-...html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-15-_-208706

I've had an email from QVC about buying early, so I think it will stay online now...

Yep - once you get the mailers going out inviting you to get in early it should be live and kicking up to launch. I got it too. Won't be ordering though. Just went through my makeup stash yesterday while reminding myself what mascaras are waiting to make their debut on my face (hopefully only on the eyelashes if I'm really lucky).

i think the QVC Price is a joke i dont think it will ever be aired at that price of £85 the tsv price is more realistic for what you get

The QVC price is frequently a joke, in my opinion!

All these single item prices they quote, when the value and sales volume is only in the kits.

Latest posts

Back