Join Clothes TSV 06/01/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why, oh why, do QVC persist in offering us shapeless (and doubtless overpriced) garments? I get that the largest part of the QVC audience are "women of a certain age" and perhaps those who shop for comfort more than style, but if you are heavier/larger, shapeless garments might be comfortable but they also add pounds and pounds to your perceived weight... a more fitted garment (doesn't have to be un-stretchy and unforgiving) is more slimming and flattering, in general.

Gerrie (sp?) looks OK in it, but for my money it's too short and the dreaded sharkbite in evidence. The fact that the neckline drapes all over the place isn't good. And if this goes in the Join tradition of "one size fits all" it will be much shorter in the body on a fuller busted larger lady. They can tell us till they are blue in the face that this is "smoke and mirrors" dressing, and will flatter and disguise. Personally, that has never been my experience... usually it looks like a tent.

Will I be buying it? Nope, not a chance!

Why, oh why, do QVC persist in offering us shapeless (and doubtless overpriced) garments? I get that the largest part of the QVC audience are "women of a certain age" and perhaps those who shop for comfort more than style, but if you are heavier/larger, shapeless garments might be comfortable but they also add pounds and pounds to your perceived weight... a more fitted garment (doesn't have to be un-stretchy and unforgiving) is more slimming and flattering, in general.

Gerrie (sp?) looks OK in it, but for my money it's too short and the dreaded sharkbite in evidence. The fact that the neckline drapes all over the place isn't good. And if this goes in the Join tradition of "one size fits all" it will be much shorter in the body on a fuller busted larger lady. They can tell us till they are blue in the face that this is "smoke and mirrors" dressing, and will flatter and disguise. Personally, that has never been my experience... usually it looks like a tent.

Will I be buying it? Nope, not a chance!

well if it didnt sell they wouldnt keep doing it its that simple really

Well I'm of a certain age and I wouldn't touch anything like this with a barge pole.
Why because I'm older is it assumed I want to swathe my body and cover up with weirdly shaped garments. I know style is an individual thing .I'm still smart and stylish for my age which is why Im generally not attracted to Q fashions.

Last edited:
Sadly this sort of fabric covering the shoulders and arm tops, really does make you look more 'matronly' in those areas and the bust line if you are more curvy. Only the slim and slender (like Evie) can get away with how it should look - drapy without adding pounds.

The worst of it is it is one shapeless garment over another. Granted, you don't have to wear them like this, and can combine with more fitted pieces of clothing. This kind of batwing-esque arm just gets pushed up the minute you try and put a coat on over - very uncomfortable.

I have to say I find a lot of sleeve styles all very well, but your outerwear better be a cape rather than a coat to allow the sleeve to stay in place and not get mangled.

Join Clothes Edge to Edge Kimono Sleeve Cardigan
Item Number: 163400
QVC Price £78.00
Todays Special Value Price £62.98
P&P £4.95

This open-front cardigan from Join Clothes is in a loose flowing style, enhanced by the gorgeous kimono-style sleeves. Choose between six fabulous shades for a versatile piece in an easycare fabric that you can team with anything from jeans and a T-shirt to an elegant dress for a night on the town.

Colour staples – there’s a shade to suit every taste in this selection. Brighten up a wardrobe of neutrals with Horizon, Marigold, and Sangria, or keep it classic with Mocha, Indigo, or of course the always stylish Black.

No measurements required – designed with a one-size-fits-most style, there’s no need to worry about which size to choose! The loose shape will flatter all figures.

Best of both worlds - not only does this item match with almost anything in your wardrobe it is also the perfect cover-up when travelling. With its easy care, machine washable fabric, you can enjoy comfort and convenience without sacrificing on style!

93% viscose, 7% elastane
Machine washable at 30C

Colour options:

Black
Mocha
Indigo – NEW COLOUR
Horizon – NEW COLOUR
Marigold
Sangria – NEW COLOUR

Garment measurements (one size):

Chest: 186cm (73”)
Waist: 184cm (72.5”)
Hips: 173cm (68”)
Length: 82cm (32”)

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.163400

MMMG - ah but designers never think practically do they ? I'm surprised that winter coats even sell in this country with the type of fashion that we cannot wear under them, and certainly all those young 'ladies' falling drunkenly over never seem to wear coats in deepest winter, or slebs on the red carpet never have a puffa jacket on do they ?

The worst of it is it is one shapeless garment over another. Granted, you don't have to wear them like this, and can combine with more fitted pieces of clothing. This kind of batwing-esque arm just gets pushed up the minute you try and put a coat on over - very uncomfortable.

I have to say I find a lot of sleeve styles all very well, but your outerwear better be a cape rather than a coat to allow the sleeve to stay in place and not get mangled.

I generally think, if you're going for a slouchy, oversized top, it looks better teamed with more fitted bottoms, i.e. skinny jeans / leggings, and vice versa. The only one of the models that looked half decent was the one that had worn the cardigan in this way. Thought it looked dreadful knotted and teamed with those harem pants. I do wish Debbie would take off those god awful boots, she looks like she's in panto!

The lady in the all pink outfit looks ridiculous and the models cannot hide the fact they are swamped by it.

I still think its a joke being played, on we the public ,when " designers" can convince us these are good looking.

Just had a look, what on earth do they look like? I can look that scruffy and unkempt for a fraction of the price, I don't need to pay £137 for a creased shirt. :mysmilie_15:Yong Kim and Joins overpriced clothes look like they've now finally morphed into the same brand.

It's obvious why they've produced that TSV. One size fits all means they don't have the extra costs in designing, making up and stock control needed for a range of sizes. Also means that people will be less inclined to return it for another size. Yards of cheap fabric can be described as generously cut, non-clingy, swirly etc, makes it sound like a 'designer' garment.

Why wouldn't they, they're in the selling business !

I noticed a picture on the Facebook page you can see through the material.

It's obvious why they've produced that TSV. One size fits all means they don't have the extra costs in designing, making up and stock control needed for a range of sizes. Also means that people will be less inclined to return it for another size. Yards of cheap fabric can be described as generously cut, non-clingy, swirly etc, makes it sound like a 'designer' garment.

Why wouldn't they, they're in the selling business !

I get that ,they are a business.

What annoys me is the cynical marketing ploy that these clothes are not just for larger ladies but can be worn by anyone, when they clearly can't, apart from the occasional dress.

Its not long ago that larger ladies didnt want to be wearing tents and cover ups but wanted decent fashion no matter what their size.This is the reverse,they are still tent like but made to be acceptable.

Im an older skinny and I couldn't wear these.I don't want to look my age or older. Why cannot Q sell the type of larger sized clothing available in Evans or such shops. Its not as if Join is cheap.

My best friend is a very large lady and she manages without too much trouble to find fashionable clothes for her size and age and always looks great.She wouldn't wear these type of garments.

Last edited:
Come on, you know you all want to get up sing and dance to Ja Ooh:mysmilie_15:

IW sell a range of clothing which is one size which is suppose to fit from size 8 up to 22!!!! No way in hell will this work.

Latest posts

Back