Jilly Halliday, get your feckin' ears pierced!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Quite simple, the other channels do not let the presenter put the earrings in to demo. But they supply those clear earring hangers(not sure of the offical name), and the presenter just holds the clear plastic against their ear. So in this case I will say its QVC not Jilly who is at fault.

I passed comment earlier on in this thread about old ladies having extended lobes due to years of wearing pierced ears. Yep Im 63 and never had the urge to be pierced because of what I saw. If you were meant to have holes in your ears we'd have been born with them.

Incidentally I think one of THE worst things EVER is seeing tiny tots with pierced ears - purely for the fancy of their mothers - and its amazing how one can be hauled in front of the courts for slapping a child, but nothing is done for mutilating their tiny bodies !!!

Oooh...! I'm 63 too, had my ears pierced at 30 and my lobes are fine thank you! But don't forget our ears & noses keep growing, so extended lobes could be due to this as much as anything else. Having said that, I've never worn really big or heavy earrings, preferring a smaller, neater look...as to Jilly, it's her choice of course as to whether she has her ears pierced or not - but I do think they should have a model for the earrings as Jilly can't model them herself.

Jilly will have little or no say in what shows she presents. She will be booked for certain hours and probably not aware much ahead of time what she will be presenting. And neither will she have any say in whether there's a model presenting with her ... or not.

For whatever reason she doesn't want her ears pierced and whilst QVC could suggest it might be a good idea they can't force her. And more to point she's been presenting for as long as I can remember so clearly QVC don't have a problem with her ears and neither does she.

If QVC thought that Jilly presenting earrings meant a drop in sales she wouldn't be presenting them.

If QVC thought that Jilly presenting earrings meant a drop in sales she wouldn't be presenting them.

Might not affect sales, but increase returns? I wonder how much they can correlate return rates to presenter?

I personally dont have holes in me lugholes either but surely everyones ears are different in shape and size so dont the earrings look different in other people anyway than from your own?

Does anyone else think that it's daft that shops won't allow earrings to be tried on? Can't think of any cases of nasty lurgy in the years and years before the nanny state got involved. Aren't the shops capable of giving the earrings a quick swipe of sterilizer if it's really necessary? I thought this government was bringing back common sense but haven't seen much evidence anywhere yet. Sorry to be off topic here but suddenly felt the need to post!

Wonder if anyone can actually tell me why earrings can not be tried on and then just sterilized?

Naturally Dale and Charlie don't model the jewellery. But how often have you seen a show where the male presenter doesn't have a model, or a female guest who is OK with modelling the pieces?

Jilly has every right to decline to get her ears pierced. But I think she should then decline jewellery hours on QVC unless a model is hired.

Charlie and Dale would look good waring a dress.:grin:

Have had numerous styles of earrings in my lobes throughout the decades, they haven't extended - wish I could say the same for some other body parts!

Maybe you should try piercing them instead? :tongue:

Well, ears of course Hoodedclaw!

Where are you thinking?

:wait:............... EuGH!

Latest posts

Back