Jilly Halliday, get your feckin' ears pierced!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AllThatGlitters

Registered Shopper
OK, I've had it with Jilly H draping earrings over her hand during jewellery hours. If QVC can't run to paying for a model to show what the earrings look like in the ear, THEN DON'T USE JILLY ON JEWELLERY SHOWS. If that limits Jilly's usefulness...well..what's that telling them?

I might quite fancy those Murano pink earrings, but I'm not planning to wear them on the back of my hand.

I've always thought this was inherently stupid as well! Why put her on jewellery shows when she cannot demonstrate the product effectively!

Does anyone know why she never had her ears pierced as a child/teenager?

Love Becky xxx

Of course, its up to Jilly if she doesn't want to get her ears pierced, but I totally agree that there is just no point having her on a jewellery show without a model. I do find it strange that she hasn't just thought 'oh sod it' and got her ears done before now. Isn't she tempted to wear some of the earrings she shows? Surely the powers that be must have brought up in appraisals that it would be really handy if her ears were pierced.

she used to have a "clear ear"

A see through plastic earring holder which she popped the earring into and held up to her ear ..

Er, excuse me, but there ARE women out here who DO NOT have their ears pierced, and those that do if you dont know what an earring looks like in the ear, well.........................

Us non piercers are undoubtedly in the minority, BUT I remember when it was only old ladies who had their ears pierced and suffered elongated lobes as a result - one of the reasons I never had mine 'done'. I stick to clip ons and screws, and its about time that the buyers at QVC wokeup to the fact that there is a HUUUGE market out here for those type of earrings !!!!!!!

Er, excuse me, but there ARE women out here who DO NOT have their ears pierced, and those that do if you dont know what an earring looks like in the ear, well.........................

Us non piercers are undoubtedly in the minority, BUT I remember when it was only old ladies who had their ears pierced and suffered elongated lobes as a result - one of the reasons I never had mine 'done'. I stick to clip ons and screws, and its about time that the buyers at QVC wokeup to the fact that there is a HUUUGE market out here for those type of earrings !!!!!!!

I agree that you should be catered for. However, it is not that we suffer from a lack of imagination but rather that the way the earrings hang from one's lobe can't be demonstrated by being draped over a hand, there is just no comparison.

It is personal choice, if Jilly doesn't want her ears pierced then that is her choice!!

It is personal choice, if Jilly doesn't want her ears pierced then that is her choice!!

Of course it is! We are taking issue with the fact that she doesn't have a model with her who can demonstrate the earrings to their full advantage - and it is a valid point when they want us to pay for them and will penalise us if we send too many things back.

if you dont know what an earring looks like in the ear, well.........................

So, do you let sales assistants hold up clothes on the hanger and just buy from that, without seeing them on someone's body, preferably your own? I mean, if you don't know what a bra looks like on a chest, well....

Until a person puts the earrings on, you can't tell how they hang, how much they swing, whether they tend to tangle, whether they show against hair, whether they drag down the lobe or make the lobe move unattractively as they swing. Considering that you can't handle QVC merchandise before it gets to you, it's vital that they demo it as completely as possible.

If it's ok to sell jewellery without it being modelled then why do QVC bother having models at all on jewellery shows?

Last edited:
You wouldn't ask the assistant in a jewellers shop to try them on so you could see what they looked like, and normally you can't return earrings to them but you can return them to QVC I believe. Ear lobes are different too so they wouldn't necessarily look the same on you.

I, personally, buy earrings because I like them, don't need to see what they look like on somebody else.

Jilly doesn't need to pierce her ears. She is free to make her choice. Bit strange considering her job however. Nevertheless, there should be a model to show the earrings off or use one of the many other presenters.

I should have made the thread title 'Get your fecking ears pierced or don't do jewellery shows which feature earrings for pierced ears', but that's a bit long, don't you think?

Why bother to model any of the jewellery, if it doesn't matter how they look on a model? In fact, why bother to model anything? Or demo anything? They could just list all the items in an endless catalogue.

On the infamous High Street, you can pick up and hold the earrings, assess the weight, hold them against your head. And you don't have to pay a) postage to get them home and b) postage to send them back when they turn out to weigh 1lb each and make you walk with a stoop.

Hear hear. I think Charlie and Dale should get their ears pierced too then they could save on the models and cut the p&p.

Hear hear. I think Charlie and Dale should get their ears pierced too then they could save on the models and cut the p&p.

Oh yes! And Charlie loves doing the fashion/beauty shows - they could save on Sharon and Tiffany et al and have Charlie walking around with one hand on his hip and Glen showing us how nicely the little trouser fits over the backside.

I had my ears pierced when I was 42 my daughter took me as a surprise, I do however like to see a model or presenter try the earrings out so that I can get an over all impression if they will suit me especially with drop earrings, I do also buy from local shops but I can stand as long as I like examining them to make sure everything about them is what I want, with Qvc you get one showing and that's it.

piper

I think the point is that QVC set the precedence for using models to advertise their jewellery including earrings so the question is why when all the other presenters have their ears pierced do they use models to advetise the jewellery when they are on air and not always when Jilly is on. No one really cares whether she has her ears pierced but how can they justify using two pairs of earrings on the model and presenter and then nothing on the show where Jilly is alone? Doesn't make sense.

Jilly Halliday, get your feckin' ears pierced!!

Rude b*tch!! :mysmilie_514:

Latest posts

Back