Jill Franks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gawd, this comment he made DEFINITELY comes under the heading of too much information. Where do they get these people from? Is there a special unit where guests on Q dwell when they're not on screen?

OH commented on both JF and SG's eyebrows. Said he had a friend who was obsessed with extremely hairy women and reckoned he could always tell how much body hair they had by checking out eyebrows. Apparently, the bushy dark look these two sport would have rung his bell :mysmilie_845:

Awful eyebrows put me off anybody lol...espeacially when they pul their hair right back in a ponytail or bun :mysmilie_17::wink:

The best was yet to come! At the end of the LG tsv hour before saying "goodnight"......Jill announced it was someone-special's birthday, left the table area and moved towards the camera and fish-kissed the screen for her gorgeous director. It was SO horrible ....it took me ages to fall asleep!
:mysmilie_17:I laughed aloud, reading this. Jill :mysmilie_12: the camera would have turned my stomach and like you said, would have taken me ages to sleep too...thank Gog I missed that horrible vision!!:mysmilie_50: I wish she would come to normality and behave!
I am so sick of her " you know I am a girly girl" "you know how I love pink" " I love this" " I cannot live without this"(whatever she is selling at that moment" " I love working with " whoever she is at that particular moment..."I love, love, love this" again whatever she is selling at that moment...." those who know me will know" my dear woman, we have so much more interesting things in life than knowing about you and it is so off putting when you constantly say things like these:yawn: and somethings you do on screen makes me feel :puke:
Please stop this "me, me" and just present the items and talk about THE ITEM and not YOU!!!

Linwood, I share your pain, I too had the TV on at the end of the midnight TSV show and witnessed the horrible kissing the camera spectacle in 32" widescreen.....I think that would explain my nightmares last night and waking with a migraine this morning.....I may need to go for counselling after that......I've been unable to tune in to channel 16 since though so it may save me money in the long run ������

I can`t even watch her on mute because the clawed hands constantly waving around or the hair flicking and facial expressions still annoy me.

Gawd, this comment he made DEFINITELY comes under the heading of too much information. Where do they get these people from? Is there a special unit where guests on Q dwell when they're not on screen?

He had a copy of a magazine called "Hairy Women" or something like that in his locker, too. Would bring it out and read on his lunch break :mysmilie_11:. OH reckoned he was avoided by all the others cos of his slightly "off" behaviour - the guy had no boundaries by all accounts.

I met him once and he seemed quite normal... OH always says I have poor character judgement :doh:

I also think she's not well, hm. She needs to put on several kilos, cut her hair and stop this over-exercising. Oh, and get a stylist outside QVC. She's just ageing really quickly.

MeCharlie handed over to her earlier with the comment that she was looking good as always (or some such). When the camera panned to her she looked like a cadaver! No colour, no flesh on her bones and a grey top which totally drained her.

The best was yet to come! At the end of the LG tsv hour before saying "goodnight"......Jill announced it was someone-special's birthday, left the table area and moved towards the camera and fish-kissed the screen for her gorgeous director. It was SO horrible ....it took me ages to fall asleep!

I saw this - it was vile to see. She's an odd one. She drove me nuts the day someone called Dickie was in the studio - no show was unscathed from one comment and reference to him or another. If she's thrilled to see someone, or wants to wish someone a happy birthday tell them don't tell us! Let's face it, we don't know these people from adam, and it has zero to do with the show. Not quite as infuriating as book promotions (as not a constant feature) but still rude to the audience.

On the eyebrow trend at QVC - I blame Dame Joan Collins' goddaughter (Cara Delavigne, don't you know?)...

I think the sleb culture has caught on to a deadly degree at QVC - thought this was quite amusing (apologies to the citizens of Liverpool): http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/article/TMG8997240/Scouse-Brow-a-beginners-guide.html

Last edited:
Perhaps we can get them together? "Pranks" maybe? Mind you, I don't think he'd do her much good..... She does come across as rather desperate when she has a male guest, doesn't she? Touch of the Claire Sutton's, all silly and flirty. Perhaps she's trying (and failing..) to project the imagine of herself as a bit of femme fatale - but you know what they say - those who talk and insinuate the most about it, are not actually doing much of it! Still, I bet it gives the blokes a good laugh behind her back when the show's over. Sad she can't realise she's not 16 any more.

Oh dear! I really can't watch Jill when she's in full innuendo mode. Like the other day when Ralph Rossini (Honora Pearls) was on - the minute I knew he was going to be on with Jill the off button was applied pronto. She seems to do this sort of thing with every male guest, but comes on particularly strongly with sexual innuendo with the more obviously straight male guests. It's got to the stage now for me that if she is on with a male guest, I just won't watch her. I find it unprofessional, inappropriate and uncomfortable.

There should be a special kingdom of innuendo: Jill Franks is its queen and Ideal World's very own Peter Simon is it's king :puke::puke::puke:

thanks, alter, you've given me another huge laugh, I'm wiping my eyes as we speak....I have visions of someone going into a newsagent's and saying "have you got a copy of "Hairy Women", please?". This forum does me a world of good.....

He had a copy of a magazine called "Hairy Women" or something like that in his locker, too. Would bring it out and read on his lunch break :mysmilie_11:. OH reckoned he was avoided by all the others cos of his slightly "off" behaviour - the guy had no boundaries by all accounts.

I met him once and he seemed quite normal... OH always says I have poor character judgement :doh:

There were quite a few valid posts on QVC`s facebook page about Jill`s constant interruptions during the LG shows and how the guest didn`t have the opportunity to speak etc but most of them have been removed. It appears QVC facebook page is turning into a clone of DF`s groups and all negativity, valid or not, is being taken down. Out of sight, out of mind and all that.

There were quite a few valid posts on QVC`s facebook page about Jill`s constant interruptions during the LG shows and how the guest didn`t have the opportunity to speak etc but most of them have been removed. It appears QVC facebook page is turning into a clone of DF`s groups and all negativity, valid or not, is being taken down. Out of sight, out of mind and all that.

How depressing! And how likely it is that QVC will be evolving in a direction which takes absolutely no account of any feedback other than "we love you, we love the changes you've made, we think you're the best thing since sliced bread". Heading for a fall is where that will take them... as their existing customer base dries up.

QVC will become like all the other shopping channels - where people dip in occasionally, then go back to watching other stuff and doing things other than watching the telly.

One of the reasons why most of the other channels have boring and repetitive presentations is because they know most customers only find then while channel hopping, and they have only seconds to engage them and get a purchase. So this whole shouty nonsense, with guests interrupted to give the "how do you order, how do you want to pay" spiel, and the "jump to the phones, tap that app", and the "only xxx quantity remaining" will become constant fixtures. They don't care that they are alienating their regular viewers. Don't they say familiarity breeds contempt? Don't worry, QVC, we're getting the message!

Probably DFs mate Janie S complained Vienna, I noticed she does it a lot when there's any criticism, I don't do FB but I do confess to having a sneaky peek on QVCs FB page occasionally and noticed it's the same two self righteous trouble causes who won't allow anyone to have a negative comment, and no the comments weren't nasty, derogatory or personal.

Last edited:
I just had a quick look at the FB page and saw there were a couple of comments left about Kathy Taylor (one of the more humble presenters IMO) but nothing re JF. I did see a bit of the LG shows and she never stopped did she? That poor woman from LG tried to continue to the end of her sentence though (and good for her) so it was just two women burbling on. And I also noted if the guest said something, like it is very roomy, JF immediately parroted "very roomy, yeah, straight after time and time again So I started trying to beat her to it and then thought this is madness, I am sitting here yelling out adjectives waving clawed hands around, lol, and switched over.

I did see on FB they have left one comment up and it is about JF calling the LG bags HER rather than IT. So pretentious, not to mention ridiculous!

meCharlie wouldn't know if anyone looked good or not....he never looks at anyone else, he's too busy preening himself and looking for the next hour that involves something eatable, so he can fill his face. I find him a total turn-off with his slower than slow speech and silly hand gestures. To say something like that is disingenuous in my view....she looks ill and scrawny and not at all healthy. If he meant it, then he needs a trip to Specsavers.

MeCharlie handed over to her earlier with the comment that she was looking good as always (or some such). When the camera panned to her she looked like a cadaver! No colour, no flesh on her bones and a grey top which totally drained her.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back