Jill Franks and Simon Wison on screen fight

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i agree with what everyone's said but what did JF say in her own defence? she could hardly say she wasn't skinny and boney. just curious.

I watched that presentation, and I think Simon just mentioned it as a fact, why the necklace was not lying properly on her neck, I am positive he did not say that as an insult. JF was quick to retort something like "look at you" and I think Simon must have realised that what he had said was taken in the wrong context by her and of course by so many others, he said something like, "you know what I mean" and looked really sheepish.
I think it just came out the wrong way..........just like if a sleeve of a dress does not fit, and someone says" would you like to try the size up" type of incident.
It was an unfortunate remark.
By the way, I am not a fan of either of them:happy:

Never saw this show but, as I am extremely underweight - more so than Jill - I can comprehend how she may have been sensitive to him making such tactless comments. Simon can be a bit of a diva and needs to remember that he is the guest appearing on QVC to peddle his jewellery. I'm not Jill's biggest fan, either, but if he did say what the OP said, then he was in the wrong. QVC is not his show, and Jill is not his employee. He ought to have at least a modicum of respect for her as the professional presenter. Perhaps he feels he can get away with insulting Julia but he does not necessarily have the same relationship with the other presenters. Who does the guy think he is?

He actually called her thin, because the necklace wouldn't lay flat, and she replied "I'm slim", and then the children's playfight began. I suspect he didn't expect her to retaliate so vehemently, and as always she kept on and on, making a real big deal out of it, which was'nt necessary, but she wanted to show off and she got away with it. The fuss she made about an oversize pair of earrings that she had to HAVE was embarrassing also. She drove me mad with her life stories instead of doing her job and presenting the products.

Talk about kettle and pot. SW needs to look in the mirror if he wants to see skinny and boney. Good on Jill for sticking up for herself - I hate men who feel they have the right to comment negatively on a woman's appearance. He should be grateful that she is trying to sell his tat, and keep his opinions to himself! Sorry to rant, I am no JF fan, didn't see the exchange so perhaps shouldn't comment, but imagine if that comment was reversed and he commented on someone's "spare tire".
I am a very "normal" 12 / 14, but really struggled with anorexia during my teens. I just wish we could get past appearances!

My sentiments exactly. If he had said that someone else was "well rounded" the phone lines would have gone into meltdown.

Flashbacks to the swinging sixties:mysmilie_854:
He always seems to me that he's stoned & been on the wacky baccy before a show. His speech is slurred at times. I cannot bear him, something about him I am just not comfortable with.

He actually called her thin, because the necklace wouldn't lay flat, and she replied "I'm slim", and then the children's playfight began. I suspect he didn't expect her to retaliate so vehemently, and as always she kept on and on, making a real big deal out of it, which was'nt necessary, but she wanted to show off and she got away with it. The fuss she made about an oversize pair of earrings that she had to HAVE was embarrassing also. She drove me mad with her life stories instead of doing her job and presenting the products.

i didn't see it - can't stand either of them but this sounds like an accurate account to me. he's not stupid so i don't think he'd be deliberately rude on air and she does go on and on.

i always thought the slurred speech was an affectation as the male royals and hoi polloi often speak that way.

i have just watched it and it really did not come across that bad. they are both quite tongue in cheek characters and had a little banter. jill did not even seem that offended she just answered like she always does. she was joking and laughing. simon is very direct and so is jill. i found it funny but nothing really spitefull!

It would really have to go to some lengths to beat the slap that AY gave to the Bare Minerals girl a while back.:tongue:

Was that a proper slap or a playful one?

Both - AY claimed it was only a playful/done in jest/didn't really hurt slap but it was full on, proper hard! Live on air or not, if she'd have slapped me like that, I'd have decked her instantly, bullying c*w! :angry:

This might be the way to oust JF, maybe she will refuse to work with him again, so if everyother guest called her skinny and bony, and she refused to work with them, goodbye JF, well I can but dream.

JF was extremely unpleasant to the guy in the Ojon hour who is bald- kept saying "you won't need this product" etc etc- you could tell he found her tedious, so she's hardly innocent in the personal comments department!

She was got on camera mocking a guest for having a tremor in his hands which along with the "oh that's great" comment when a T caller said her daughter had recently died, make me wonder how someone hasn't had a serious disagreement with her in real life.

She never seems to have much to do with the other presenters away from QVC. Only Lulu who appears to be her new BF. How lovely.:sad:

Latest posts

Back