Jf's wedding dress

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Letz-be-avenue

Registered Shopper
Not sure if it has been mentioned on her before but have you seen Jf's wedding dress on her blog,she refers to her 19th wedding anniversary, and there is a photo of the happy couple, don't want to sound bitchy,but that is some dress! Not sure why I looked at her blog in the first place, must be very bored

Last edited:
I recently found some photos of my first wedding back in the mid 80s - the fashions in those pictures made my toes curl... yet, we all loved them at the time.

That's the thing with fashions (except perhaps some of the 50s stuff that still looks fab) they are 'of the moment' and most make us gasp and giggle when looking back.

I think it's great that JF wants to share her wedding photo - good on her!

The last thing I would dream of doing is reading JF's blog but of course I have now had to flock to check out the frock. I have revised my view that she might be vulnerable and suffering from a lack of confidence. Now Larry on the other hand... He looks bemused by the whole business in a Martin Clunes sort of way.

Mine was in 1980, I was a size 10 no wrinkles, no money worries, my husband had a Kevin Keegan perm. Now I will never see a 10 again, plenty if wrinkles, money worries and my husband is very thin on top. Needless to say those days will never come again Lol:mysmilie_61:

Last edited:
Well Ive had 3 goes, one in the 70's (horendous dress) one in 1990 (horrendous dress) and most recently 2006, beautiful dress and all the trimmings. Think I might as well keep this one he must be lucky :happy:

WOW he sounds a really decent grounded man, no messing about. I think its brill he asks the waiters their opinion of how they're treated by potential clients. I do the same in work. I've been in the same place, and most of the senior consultants don't know my name, so that tells me a lot. Some of the staff say, oh they're really nice, and are suprised if i disagree. But i can suss them out

I married the first time just 3 months after Princess Anne`s marriage to Mark Philips so my wedding dress was almost a replica of hers, including the long veil but minus the long pointy sleeves. Oh and my tiara wasn`t real diamonds either lol. The dress was " in " at the time but nowadays nobody would wear that style.
I remarried in September last year and had a lovely Romantica of Devon dress in chiffon and 5 bridesmaids ( our grandchildren ) and even though I was married for 31 years to my late first hubby and my new hubby was married for 37 years to his late wife, we still wanted to have a proper wedding with all the trimmings, even at our ages. We don`t regret a minute of it.

I got married in 1990. Designed my own dress and had it made. It was very much of the time with the huge sleeves and the Princess Di bow on the back. I love it now as much as I did then.

I'm always the bridesmaid never the bride( aah) , but i live in hope. Mr right if you're out there HELLO!!!!

Is that really Jill's husband? I thought he was a lot older than her for some reason, but he's only 49. Seems like a decent guy. Haven't read the blog yet as on phone. It's my eight year wedding anniversary today! We don't celebrate, we're not that romantic, or sentimental, or bothered! But for some reason this year, it seems like an achievement!!

I'll attach a pic of my dress in a mo. Traditionalists be warned, it's green!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I have seen that photo of Jill's wedding before, not sure if it was on her blog in past or where it was.

Happy Anniversary Capirossi. Have a lovely evening.

Thank you! Going to our local Italian with some friends.

Here's the pic!

uploadfromtaptalk1355592896358.jpg

Lovely picture, and i like the dress. You look happy. Have a lovely meal and vino LOL

Lovely colour!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

Lovely picture, and i like the dress. You look happy. Have a lovely meal and vino LOL

Thanks both!!! I did look happy didn't I? And so young!!! I think it was pure relief it was over, ha ha!! Neither of us like a fuss, and even with only 6 guests we felt under pressure. Lol

I have to get on another device as I'm dying to see Jill's dress!

Thanks both!!! I did look happy didn't I? And so young!!! I think it was pure relief it was over, ha ha!! Neither of us like a fuss, and even with only 6 guests we felt under pressure. Lol

You look beautiful and your dress is stunning Capirossi, I adore green!
Hubby & I were 21 when we got married in Gretna Green almost 20years ago. I loved my (size 10) wedding dress and recently showed it to my 17yr old son expecting him to lol, but to my surprise he said it was nice. With a little tweaking it would still look nice on a bride today.
Jill has showed us her wedding pic on air before, her and her hubby look really nice in it.

You look beautiful and your dress is stunning Capirossi, I adore green!
Hubby & I were 21 when we got married in Gretna Green almost 20years ago. I loved my (size 10) wedding dress and recently showed it to my 17yr old son expecting him to lol, but to my surprise he said it was nice. With a little tweaking it would still look nice on a bride today.
Jill has showed us her wedding pic on air before, her and her hubby look really nice in it.

Thanks Latchi. Ah Gretna, how romantic! 20 years must seem like a lifetime ago, but you're still so young!!

Latest posts

Back