Jaynie Renner - the Slim n Lift guest

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can't post the link but there's a story on the Daily Mail website that she's been in court charged with fraud and tax evasion.

She pleaded guilty and got a 22 month prison sentence suspended for 2 years. It says she has previously served a 6 month sentence for a similar offence.

I know I've not seen her on QVC for ages but not noticed if the range has disappeared too ?

Busty shopping channel host who made £80,000-a-year showing off lingerie cheated taxpayer while planning to emigrate to Canada - ...

Its the company who pay the guests not QVC. They keep the P&P for themselves

But that £80,000 must find its way into the price ultimately. I'm surprised she was paid that much for just a few hours appearances. Perhaps she did work for Slim and Lift elsewhere. I wasn't keen - very gobby and not very nice to her models (Rena was a regular).

But that £80,000 must find its way into the price ultimately. I'm surprised she was paid that much for just a few hours appearances. Perhaps she did work for Slim and Lift elsewhere. I wasn't keen - very gobby and not very nice to her models (Rena was a regular).

Slim and Lift must have thought she was a good sales person and worth the money but ultimately the customer is paying her wage. Those products can't cost that much to produce so the margin they make would be good.

Jaynie Renner's fall from grace has it's own thread... Now QVC are so assiduously courting the media it isn't surprising it's made a national news outlet as well as local ones... Being in the media can be a double-edged sword for individuals and businesses. QVC may well be feeling rather uncomfortable about this... I wonder if it's being discussed on their social media?

Jaynie Renner's fall from grace has it's own thread... Now QVC are so assiduously courting the media it isn't surprising it's made a national news outlet as well as local ones... Being in the media can be a double-edged sword for individuals and businesses. QVC may well be feeling rather uncomfortable about this... I wonder if it's being discussed on their social media?
When the story came out (last week I think) it was on the Yorkshire Post's Facebook page and I think they very kindly tagged in QVC so it appeared on the visitors' posts section there.

"But she failed to pay VAT and income tax for her lucrative clothing business selling high end scarves, sarongs and fur hats at craft fairs and shows."

Is the article sure it's not confusing her with that other older lady that sells scarves, hats and wrap round trousers on IW? She sells all that tat at craft fairs and country shows because I've seen her.

Only ever seen Janie (or Sheila) selling shapewear and never at a country show - that could be a bit dangerous lol.

CC

"But she failed to pay VAT and income tax for her lucrative clothing business selling high end scarves, sarongs and fur hats at craft fairs and shows."

Is the article sure it's not confusing her with that other older lady that sells scarves, hats and wrap round trousers on IW? She sells all that tat at craft fairs and country shows because I've seen her.

Only ever seen Janie (or Sheila) selling shapewear and never at a country show - that could be a bit dangerous lol.

CC

No, no mix up, she is listed here as a stall holder selling scarves and hats.

http://www.harrogatechristmasmarket.org/stalls.htm

CC

I've seen Janie selling at the BBC Gardener's World show/Good Food Show, I think. A couple of times, actually.

I've seen Janie selling at the BBC Gardener's World show/Good Food Show, I think. A couple of times, actually.

I stand corrected. I haven't seen her at any of the shows I've been at. I, of course, wasn't implying anyone else had done anything wrong.

CC

Last edited:
Well, £80,000 aint bad earnings from QVC considering her few appearances per year. Others who are more regular like Kelly Hoppen, Liz Earle, Mally, Peony, Yankee Candles etc etc must be earning fortunes !!!!

Well, £80,000 aint bad earnings from QVC considering her few appearances per year. Others who are more regular like Kelly Hoppen, Liz Earle, Mally, Peony, Yankee Candles etc etc must be earning fortunes !!!!

I think it's the vendor who pays for the guest so it would be their decision to pay her so much, maybe they sold loads when she was there.

Latest posts

Back