James Lakeland

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bettyboo

Registered Shopper
I have never heard of this range but I quite like some of it. I won't be buying as it is far too expensive for me and I don't think I have the right body shape to do it justice. But a nice change from the usual carp.

It does seem to be the polar opposite of most fashion ranges on qvc, and i quite like some of the styles. But is all far too drab for me, virtually everything is black or black based.

Watching/listening whilst on OH's TSV Archos choosing my team for this seasons Fantasy Football league (a little snap shot of my life there!) Definitely very smart, but nothing I would have occasion to wear. But, by golly, Ally Keenan must have new batteries in. Gabble, gabble, gabble. Poor James could barely get a word in.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

at 60 quid for a pair of plain black leggings i can only the quality is top notch... nice to see some subdued colour schemes

Just seen the last few minutes of the presentation, yes they are very different to the usual QVC range, but expensive :sad:. A bit like Yong Kim style but in polyester (not like the Yong Kim crinkle materials, but the style). Would like to see more, but a bit cheaper :happy:

Watching/listening whilst on OH's TSV Archos choosing my team for this seasons Fantasy Football league (a little snap shot of my life there!) Definitely very smart, but nothing I would have occasion to wear. But, by golly, Ally Keenan must have new batteries in. Gabble, gabble, gabble. Poor James could barely get a word in.

absolutely. i like ali but goodness me. i had to mute it in the end. and why oh why does she always have to repeat and emphasise all the mistakes she makes when the wrong words come out because she is gabbling so much.
:confused:

Towards the end, she was actually jumping:happy: She has either had some good news or is nervous about something:thinking:

absolutely. i like ali but goodness me. i had to mute it in the end. and why oh why does she always have to repeat and emphasise all the mistakes she makes when the wrong words come out because she is gabbling so much.
:confused:

Hate to say this , but she"s looking slimmer than usual, after all she"s been through, maybe she needs to rest.
The last few months she"s been to Australia then another holiday, and now thinking of moving. Maybe she needs
to just rest and relax and slow everything down, and relax :thinking:

I missed the show but had a quick look on the website, , it looks a little drab, It's not in my price range so maybe I didn't miss much....

Must admit i like drab, bit pricey, but good to see they"re at least trying to get some British Designers.
So thats what some of us wanted , so we should appreciate it :cheeky:

Any relation of Lakeland leathers or Lakeland stores, I wonder:wonder:

might be. he made a point of saying the whole family was into fashion. i quite liked it but i don't really wear that tailored stuff and was also a bit spendy. i don't want "designer", i just want everyday stuff - like they used to do years ago. :taphead:

At least this is not another of QVC's ranges by made-up 'designers', creating tat just for them, for which I s'pose we should be grudgingly grateful.....! :thinking:
If anybody fancies trying any of his stuff out at somewhat cheaper prices, HoF have quite a few bits in clearance, some of it not wildly dissimilar to what's showing on QVC?

Some of it looked OK on QVC, not overly impressed with the chunky acrylic/nylon cardigan, went & had a look on Net-A-Porter to see what I could find similar (but nicer, in soft fluffy non-staticy stuff! lol) - found one 10 times nicer, though it was 7 times the price....did make the JL look seriously naff when I went back to look at it again though, probs best not to do this really.....! :grin:

I was watching this show. Liked some of it (like the dress that Ali K was wearing) but not all of it and thought it was over-priced. I may spend £120+ on a dress for an "occasion" but not on one for more every day wear. I know, that's probably skewed logic because I guess I would wear the work dress more than I would the occasion one but it just doesn't seem "right" to me!!

Someone was obviously loving it though because a lot of things were selling out!

I really liked the dress that Ally K was wearing and thought it would make a nice work dress but the price was out of my league and then another £6 95p p and p. Bet they just shove it in a plastic bag, I would want it to arrive in a box for that price.

I think it appeared more drab than necessary because of the overhead diffused lighting. In fact when they were showing some black dresses I couldn't see them on the models very well because of the lighting AND the dingy backdrop. Soooooo I called the Studio Line and complained, and told the poor sod at the end of the phone that they need to address these issues because potential customers couldn't see the goods they were flogging !!!!!

I really liked the dress that Ally K was wearing and thought it would make a nice work dress but the price was out of my league and then another £6 95p p and p. Bet they just shove it in a plastic bag, I would want it to arrive in a box for that price.

I liked that one too and, like you, thought I could wear it to work but just can't justify that on something for the office! Bet you're right about the packaging too....

I liked that one too and, like you, thought I could wear it to work but just can't justify that on something for the office! Bet you're right about the packaging too....

But princess pickle you could dress it down for work with a pair of pumps, and dress it up for the

evenings with a pair of heels, ear rings, and of course the handbag he he

I have a viscose mix assymetric hem jacket, bought from his store in Westfield S/Bush, I LOVE it, needs ironing though, so it rarely gets worn. I also have a beautiful jumper and wrap from Brand Alley or Showroomprivee. Both are beautifully made and superb quality. Worth looking out for his sales, they drop the prices to a more reasonable level and the prices on BA were really quite "normal"!

Latest posts

Back