Jade Troth is back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yep, exactly the same as yesterday - when he supposedly received a letter from a lady, yet there was no reference as to who the lady was, not even a Mrs X from Cardiff, and no shot of the actual letter. Just a supposed quote on a blank white screen.

More quotes today with not a name in sight...........

View attachment 27608
how many bangles ??

Perhaps introduce a treatment grading system similar to how stones are graded too - based on severity/harshness of the treatment - something like: ...
TheManWithNoName Treatment Scale: Bless me, Father, for I have sinned. It has been millennia since my last confession.

Band E: I have 1 compressed Arizona turquoise. Lovely colour, checkerboard. Goes well with the little display of Aquaprase, aventurine, chrysoprase & amazonite. Some of those cabs I showed in the "translucency" thread are almost certainly dyed but inexpensive soul lifters.

Band D: I have a cute little Howlite rabbit. Requires no salad or bedding, though.

Band C: Fancy cuts of all the three main irradiated varieties of topaz. A well cut London Blue can be a real heart stopper.

Bands A & B: One 18K set emerald and, a good deal of "standard" heat stones.

The rest - the majority, by accident I suppose - fall into the "natural, no point trying to treat" category, such as an early craze of mine - Sphene (in all its forms).

So, I can be a bit of a tart up and down the Treatment Scale 😀

I thought Type A jadeite is supposed to be ultra, ultra rare? Yet Mr T must have brought at least two Mt. Everests' worth of the stuff to air so far.

I don't know about anyone else, but that definitely sets more than a few alarm bells ringing for me.
Laughable isn't it.

He continually tells us the Chinese are screaming out for the stuff too - yet he bought it from............ China.

Basically, they sold him the crap Jadeite (Jadeshite) that nobody in China wants because it barely has any colour.

David has confirmed that Gemporia is the biggest buyer of jadeite in the Western World!
I suspect that TheManWithNoName is correct though: Gemporia has bought all the jadeite Chinese sellers cannot offload on their own market for love nor money.

Considering the cultural significance of jade in Chinese culture, there's no way that sellers there would let real top grade material go to Western buyers in any great amount. And not without having them paying through the nose for it. Which has to be beyond difficult for Gemporia to achieve with its ongoing cashflow issues.

So Mr T has bought mediocre jade from Chinese sellers cheaply and in bulk. Much like all the other tat that's cluttering up the channel these days (Kimbie?).

Yep, exactly the same as yesterday - when he supposedly received a letter from a lady, yet there was no reference as to who the lady was, not even a Mrs X from Cardiff, and no shot of the actual letter. Just a supposed quote on a blank white screen.
WOW! 160 snot coloured bangles … for a “family collection “? “Rising”😱

He sells these horrors at around £299 each….🤔

If this is a real letter he is peddling, I have so many questions?

I do find it interesting. Janey left, Charlie Barron left, Samuel B seems to have disappeared. Destello seems to be replaced with Kimbie. With hardly a heartbeat of a pause for re-ordering and stocking these areas were taken over by Gemporia itself. So, no third-party involvement. GemAuras now comes under Kimbie. Dave is now doing the pearls. Samuel B has been replaced - it seems - by Pandai Court which Toby is heading up. Hattie's Destello seems to be swallowed up into Kimbie. I wonder if, in some cases, people left so Gemporia could claim greater profits on that share of the market? I have no proof. But I do wonder.

I do find it interesting. Janey left, Charlie Barron left, Samuel B seems to have disappeared. Destello seems to be replaced with Kimbie. With hardly a heartbeat of a pause for re-ordering and stocking these areas were taken over by Gemporia itself. So, no third-party involvement. GemAuras now comes under Kimbie. Dave is now doing the pearls. Samuel B has been replaced - it seems - by Pandai Court which Toby is heading up. Hattie's Destello seems to be swallowed up into Kimbie. I wonder if, in some cases, people left so Gemporia could claim greater profits on that share of the market? I have no proof. But I do wonder.
I find it all very bizarre 🤷‍♀️
Especially the KIMBIE range.
Slippers, jewellery boxes and “home wares” are exactly the same products that are sold on TEMU?

I find it all very bizarre 🤷‍♀️
Especially the KIMBIE range.
Slippers, jewellery boxes and “home wares” are exactly the same products that are sold on TEMU?
It appears that when Gemporia cuts out tbe middlemen these days, they're dealing directly with Chinese tat companies.

Then tacking on an exotic sounding item name, making up a nice little story for it, and finally ramping the prices right up.

It appears that when Gemporia cuts out tbe middlemen these days, they're dealing directly with Chinese tat companies.

Then tacking on an exotic sounding item name, making up a nice little story for it, and finally ramping the prices right up.
NOPE.. they put on a “naturally coloured Pearl” on some of the slippers they bought from China to make it KIMBIE😂

WOW! 160 snot coloured bangles … for a “family collection “? “Rising”😱

He sells these horrors at around £299 each….🤔

If this is a real letter he is peddling, I have so many questions?
'IF' being the key word. I don't believe a word of it. That would equate to £47, 840 - and that's at £299. I'm fairly sure some went for around the £400+ mark.

Who has £47,840 of disposable money in their bank accounts in the current financial climate? Even if they were lucky enough to be in that situation, anyone with half a brain would surely get expert independent advice on how to invest it properly?

If I had a spare £47,000 lurking in my bank account that I could afford to put into something, then I'd probably put a lot of it into premium bonds - a scheme where you'll never lose the money, and can take it out again at any time, but with the opportunity to gain money on top of what was put in.

NOPE.. they put on a “naturally coloured Pearl” on some of the slippers they bought from China to make it KIMBIE😂

I think you said this in jest as you had a smiley face on the end - but this is exactly what they've done. I found some of the slippers on Temu that were identical - minus the pearl. To make them more 'exclusive' to Gemporia and to justify the additional price, they've simply slapped a pearl on.

Does anyone really care about having a pearl on SLIPPERS though? They'll get scratched, scuffed, possibly lost, etc.

A lot of the other stuff they do is Temu stuff too. They've just had their packaging customised (which the Chinese are happy to do if you bulk buy).

Last edited:

Yeah. Flying or shipping all this stuff in, which involves fuel and emissions - whilst 'proudly' displaying a 'carbon neutral' logo on their website............

Everything they do is just so contradictory.

"We cut out the middleman to cut costs" - yeah, but pay Dave Troth to stand there waffling to us instead. I'm no Carol Voderman, but if you cut out a wage, and replace it with another wage, then you've not actually saved anything.......................

Latest posts

Back