Jade Troth is back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Maybe Dave buys his donuts from similar?
IMG_20231208_133510_698.jpg

Maybe Dave buys his donuts from similar?View attachment 27222
I find this quite worrying as I have watched a few minutes of his shows with both Angeline and Ellis both presenters I find really bad. The worrying aspect is when you listen to him it's easy to believe what he is saying is true especially with his backup presenters. So I easily see how these jade items are sold so quickly and for soo much money. Is what he states true? Or is this a blatant lie to trick people out their money?? Like I said it's worrying.

Maybe Dave buys his donuts from similar?
It's perplexing for sure.

OK, so buy at that price with a "certificate" with as much skepticism as you can muster. BUT if the £7.19 pieces are untreated Burmese then why, oh why is DT's so much pricier? From what some are saying, it's still not Bonhams-worthy grade.

I just don't get it, so much so that if I'm the idiot and have missed a golden (silk quartzite) opportunity, I don't think that I'll be too upset.

I sometimes wonder if Gemporia have shot themselves in the foot by pricing it so high to begin with.

I suspect that they get a LOT of returns on their Jadeite. The reason for this is that the bangles sell - but then they're back again a month or two down the line. How many times have those bangles been on-air this year? They've even been on Jewellery Maker, such is the desperation to sell them.

I imagine that when customers see them 'in the flesh', they've realised that they've paid a ludicrous sum of money for something that is quite bland - and send it back once they've regained their sanity.

The problem Gemporia then have is that if they're still lumbered with Jadeite pieces that they were once selling for £400+, they can't suddenly then start flogging them for £99.99, even in sales, because they will have a LOT of VERY angry customers that paid a lot more previously.

Which leaves them with a huge dilemma - do they continue to try to flog the stuff at over-the-top prices, or do they sell it off for significantly less knowing that its going to make a lot of customers angry - and risk further damaging their already damaged reputation?

That's what happens when you've got financial difficulties and try to be greedy by way over-charging to claw some money back.

Unfortunately he's back - again - but it looks like he's changing horses. 11am blue chalcedony (from the Bennett vault no less) and 4pm today, I believe, Ethiopian opal, again from the Bennett Vault but, I've also seen a trailer for Turkish white chalcedony didn't see who's presenting it but I'll bet my bottom dollar it's Troth. So has he finally got the message that we're fed up seeing ****** Jade day in day out and why are the Bennett's opening their vault (if that is truly the case and not them just trying to shift another load of old tat). I'll be watching at 11 (reluctantly as my first instinct when I see him is to turn off) see how much information he gives regarding treatments, etc.

Unfortunately he's back - again - but it looks like he's changing horses. 11am blue chalcedony (from the Bennett vault no less) and 4pm today, I believe, Ethiopian opal, again from the Bennett Vault but, I've also seen a trailer for Turkish white chalcedony didn't see who's presenting it but I'll bet my bottom dollar it's Troth. So has he finally got the message that we're fed up seeing ****** Jade day in day out and why are the Bennett's opening their vault (if that is truly the case and not them just trying to shift another load of old tat). I'll be watching at 11 (reluctantly as my first instinct when I see him is to turn off) see how much information he gives regarding treatments, etc.
He on at 10 not 11 and I've just noticed he's back on at 1 as well - lord help us

Yes, Happy New Year, Dave is back, looking tense and talking (a lot) we might need a go fund me for Botox to help his furrowed brow from being so very serious :LOL: (I'm sorry, that was mean)

Dave yet again shilling some turquoise and declaring it heirloom quality but not mentioning that it’s compressed. So it’s made up of little pieces of turquoise, hardly natural is it although it’s not too expensive I guess.The presenter seems to just repeat whatever Troff says.

He's been full of it today. He said this was "museum grade" Turquoise - but it's the lowest grade Turquoise that is available on the market.

He sold "Blue Chalcedony" that barely had an colour - again, declaring it the highest grade - when the colour was patchy and most of the items were dyed.

I do not believe for one minute that any of this material is from the Bennett's own personal collection. Surely Steve would by high quality, genuinely rare gemstones if he was going to buy stones as investment pieces.

No sane person is going to buy dyed Chalcedony and reconstituted Turquoise as investment pieces. Its never going to go up in value, and, to cut to the chase, it's basically s**t material.

That piece of Ethiopian opal rough was truly stunning - no BS required there. But I agree - nice but dyed, unremarkable chalcedony in Steve's vault? More likely that Henry VIII wasn't boasting with his outlandish cod pieces!

He's been full of it today. He said this was "museum grade" Turquoise - but it's the lowest grade Turquoise that is available on the market.

He sold "Blue Chalcedony" that barely had an colour - again, declaring it the highest grade - when the colour was patchy and most of the items were dyed.

I do not believe for one minute that any of this material is from the Bennett's own personal collection. Surely Steve would by high quality, genuinely rare gemstones if he was going to buy stones as investment pieces.

No sane person is going to buy dyed Chalcedony and reconstituted Turquoise as investment pieces. Its never going to go up in value, and, to cut to the chase, it's basically s**t material.
Once the graphics had gone up when Jade was doing the chalcedony I messaged in and asked why was he saying it was natural blue when it was dyed and could he explain about that? A couple of minutes later he then referred to it just as Turkish chalcedony and no explanation so the sharp practice is still ongoing.

He's on now, Saturday 12:30, extolling the virtues of White Jadeite (Mutton Fat), apparently they have had to trade in all their previous stocks of "treatable" jadeite for this. He didn't explain what "treatable jadeite" was (dyed perhaps?), but it now seems to have gone.

I suddenly thought that possibly the previous stock was on a sale or return deal?

This is if course top quality and very best of the best Jadeite, which is far superior to anything else he has brought to screen. Apparently "people have been asking for this". I think that they're now treading on very thin ice by vocally putting down previous Jade offerings that were sold as the best of the best etc. You can only fool a person once.

It has always puzzled me how Jannie Bennet could offer a Mutton Fat bead on a shower body puff/scrub with a bar of soap; and include a yellow jadeite bead bracelet with a candle. Yet Mr Troth offers Mutton Fat and Yellow jadeite as the best of the best selling for top dollar.

The Bennetts are opening their vault because Steve Bennett's daughter Hannah is Troth's business partner!

Latest posts

Back