Jade Troth is back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's pretty much exactly how it is.

Steve WAS Gems TV / TGGC - and whilst it was never perfect under his watch, Steve wasn't afraid to listen and change things.

Then he tried to expand far too quickly by breaking into the States, and India - plus selling in stores (Selfridges?) and Virgin Atlantic flights - and then when those didn't take off, he got bored and moved on to Primal (then got bored of that too and moved onto his other new projects).

Once Steve got bored, Colin Wagstaffe (and failure everywhere he's worked) came in to run the company and comoa y shares were handed to employees, it all went downhill rapidly - to the point where, in my opinion, the business/brand is damaged beyond repair.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't think Gemporia will be around in 12 months time.
I would put the start of the downhill slide at Gemporia around the time when they gave out the shares as well. That was the time most of the presenters started showing their own ranges with very varying degrees of success and interest to the viewer.

I see Troff has found yet another looky likey! He just described the last piece as jade before hurriedly correcting himself and said jade like gemstone. Some Pakistani rock type.They are describing a little donut shaped piece hanging from the piece as a carving lol.Hardly a piece of art.All they’ve done is bought a pile of pre carved gem donuts and that’s about it.

I would put the start of the downhill slide at Gemporia around the time when they gave out the shares as well. That was the time most of the presenters started showing their own ranges with very varying degrees of success and interest to the viewer.
I see Troff has found yet another looky likey! He just described the last piece as jade before hurriedly correcting himself and said jade like gemstone. Some Pakistani rock type.They are describing a little donut shaped piece hanging from the piece as a carving lol.Hardly a piece of art.All they’ve done is bought a pile of pre carved gem donuts and that’s about it.
People who buy from Gems TV, naturally, have their accounts/contracts with Gems TV/TGGC. So, when Dave Troth comes on screen flogging his own merchandise from his own company, David Harry Jewels, just who are we buying from? This is deliberately misleading and gives the impression that he is representing Gemporia/Gems and selling their products. What about the legality of this little arrangement? People tune-in to Gems TV expecting to see their products, not the products of an entirely different company! Surely this can't be legal, can it?

People who buy from Gems TV, naturally, have their accounts/contracts with Gems TV/TGGC. So, when Dave Troth comes on screen flogging his own merchandise from his own company, David Harry Jewels, just who are we buying from? This is deliberately misleading and gives the impression that he is representing Gemporia/Gems and selling their products. What about the legality of this little arrangement? People tune-in to Gems TV expecting to see their products, not the products of an entirely different company! Surely this can't be legal, can it?

Theres nothing wrong with how its set up. Companies within companies are nothing new. In fact, most large businesses are formed that way. You're still buying from Gemporia.

Theres nothing wrong with how its set up. Companies within companies are nothing new. In fact, most large businesses are formed that way. You're still buying from Gemporia.
100%. Layered corporate structures and different brands within those layers is nothing new or perfidious. Actually makes commercial sense.

Years ago, I bought a YouBamboo watch for £6. (Great buy, still works, no risks for everyday wear.). You can get them elsewhere, not exactly the same model but pretty much the same thing and price point. But I don't think that I'm wearing a Primal product at all. No different to supermarket value range baked beans or tinned tomatoes.

Troffie is on now. WIth the ever-present Jade - and Ellis acting as his loyal sidekick. They are banging on phenomenal pressure to make people buy two. It's frankly distasteful. Now it might be me, but on Dave's jade pieces at the moment I cannot see any info on how many they had made. Usually with Gems the jewellery is "limited" and you can see how many in the edition. This makes me think it is definitely not something finite that Dave has had specifically made. If, for example, he bought in from China/ Temu/ wherever and they were selling to others as well. The same design, the same stone. He would not be able to specify an edition size. Am I just missing seeing the info?

Troffie is on now. WIth the ever-present Jade - and Ellis acting as his loyal sidekick. They are banging on phenomenal pressure to make people buy two. It's frankly distasteful. Now it might be me, but on Dave's jade pieces at the moment I cannot see any info on how many they had made. Usually with Gems the jewellery is "limited" and you can see how many in the edition. This makes me think it is definitely not something finite that Dave has had specifically made. If, for example, he bought in from China/ Temu/ wherever and they were selling to others as well. The same design, the same stone. He would not be able to specify an edition size. Am I just missing seeing the info?
Well I've just messaged in and asked if the piece they were doing is a limited edition and, for once, they actually answered my message. He made only 150 of the Floating Lotus pendant. Unfortunately I also heard him say that Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday is going to be Jade. He must be down to the last shipping container of the stuff by now surely.

Well I've just messaged in and asked if the piece they were doing is a limited edition and, for once, they actually answered my message. He made only 150 of the Floating Lotus pendant. Unfortunately I also heard him say that Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday is going to be Jade. He must be down to the last shipping container of the stuff by now surely.

The problem is, I highly suspect they get a lot of returns. The s****y green bangles seem to keep re-appearing at a later date, which makes me suspect that once they've had a big enough batch of returns to justify a shows worth, they stick them on air again.

I also suspect that once people see that their "black" Jade is actually very very dark green, or see that their "dove blue" and "lavender" are both murky shades of dishwater grey, or that their "bi-colour" jade barely contains even one colour, they send the s**t straight back.

Or sanity kicks in and once they they've realised they've paid £300+ for snot coloured material, their brain cells spring back to life and they send it back.

Just came across some rather cheaper Jadeite online. People need to do more research before jumping in.

Attachments

• IMG_20231201_144006_355.jpg
    IMG_20231201_144006_355.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 84
People are queuing up to buy from Troff because they believe his well practised waffle. They could save themselves hundreds of pounds and get exactly the same look and quality on eBay for not much at all.

I doubt many can hear a word that mumbling Dave says to be fair.

I suspect it's more likely to be because they know that Jade is one of the most common stones to lab-create and nobody knows whether the eBay stuff is the real deal or not. Whereas Gemporia provide a certificate of authenticity.

Whether people feel that 'security' of a COA is worth the extra £300+ is up to them I guess.

If they want a COA, It would probably still work out cheaper to buy an eBay piece, get it lab tested, and send it back if its fake rather then buying Troth's overpriced stuff.

At £7 (it's on eBay) plus free postage, you would expect this to be something other than Type A jadeite. However, at this price and if this is your thing, it's better than the skin-greening polymer clay tat in Claire's Accessories or Next or John Lewis even at £20 - £40.

At £7 (it's on eBay) plus free postage, you would expect this to be something other than Type A jadeite. However, at this price and if this is your thing, it's better than the skin-greening polymer clay tat in Claire's Accessories or Next or John Lewis even at £20 - £40.
True!

I'd guess that it's either lab-created Jade, or Serpentine (which is cheap, and often, very misleadingly called 'New Jade' in the trade).

Latest posts

Back