Jackie Kabler on Gatineau show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
Gosh Jackie Kabler is a boring presenter, her voice just drones on and on. She looks bored stiff herself during this Gatineau hour. Her comments just sound insincere and false, like she is really totally disinterested. It's bored me so much that l am off out for a power walk!

Know what you mean. Mind you, Gatineau shows make my eyes glaze over too :yawn:

All the skincare hours bore me stiff-same old tosh over and over again!!

Jackie seems to have a rather superior attitude and often has a bit of a sneer going on. She's heading up to my top 3 of unwatchable presenters and may even usurp Jill Franks at no.3 lol!!

Have Gatineau shows all but disappeared from QVC or have I just got better at avoiding them? I was only thinking a few days ago how I'd not seen Gatineau on QVC for ages, even on the 'Cleanse and Polish' channel ie QVC Beauty.

When I've hopped on over to QVC and caught Jackie Kabler in full throw, I've got to say yes she takes boredom to a whole new level, she's boring, she sounds boring, she looks bored, that's when she's not laughing as though she's embarrassed to be there, that's the only break from the boredom, that's all in twenty seconds :mysmilie_13:

The same old stuff over & over again & that's not just Gatineau. Those 'discovery' kits look smaller than those you get free with purchase on many High St. brands.I tried the last Gatineau TSV but the cleanser & toner are so highly perfumed for me, am just working my way through but they are a no no in future.

to be fair to her, it must be boring to be peddling the same products 98% of the time.

And it's pretty boring watching them peddling the same products. That's one reason I don't watch QVC very much any more. It's as though they are on repeat mode (especially where the TSVs are concerned.)

But ............. I do like Jackie.

to be fair to her, it must be boring to be peddling the same products 98% of the time.

Agree, think JK is one of the more professional & better presenters! She can hardly do a song & dance talking about beauty! JK also comes across honest about stuff, unlike some of the others who are OTT in their dramatic performance! :mysmilie_5:

I think my eyes would glaze over too if I had to be stuck on air with a crinkley Andrew Bagley, looking like a slightly sophisticated Ken Barlow wittering on about "high end" skincare. Sorry Bagley, but your melatogeneeeeeeeeeeene ain't done much for you - and you claim to sleep in a barrel of the stuff. Just go and shove off back to the 16e arrondissement and don't ever come near my area! I remember sitting opposite him on a Eurostar train several years ago. When the train came up on the English side he barked orders at his PA via his mobile 'phone, stating: "I have a television appearance to prepare for!" Silly pompous man! Just awful.

I think my eyes would glaze over too if I had to be stuck on air with a crinkley Andrew Bagley, looking like a slightly sophisticated Ken Barlow wittering on about "high end" skincare. Sorry Bagley, but your melatogeneeeeeeeeeeene ain't done much for you - and you claim to sleep in a barrel of the stuff. Just go and shove off back to the 16e arrondissement and don't ever come near my area! I remember sitting opposite him on a Eurostar train several years ago. When the train came up on the English side he barked orders at his PA via his mobile 'phone, stating: "I have a television appearance to prepare for!" Silly pompous man! Just awful.

The smarmy little git is right up his own backside, yes I agree he's pompous personified.

Agree, think JK is one of the more professional & better presenters! She can hardly do a song & dance talking about beauty! JK also comes across honest about stuff, unlike some of the others who are OTT in their dramatic performance! :mysmilie_5:

I agree, she's one of my favourite presenters. No gurning, eye-rolling, stuttering, umm-ing & ah-ing, No finger stabbing, food shovelling, groaning with pleasure, gifting cupboard, lollipop lady. No dressing up dressing down. She's always well dressed and groomed.

She doesn't always research the products well though.

I like Jackie too. She's bright and can string a sentence together (a rarity for many QVC presenters lately, it seems).

Don't like JK.

I'm not crazy about my job either but I never let clients see what I'm really thinking and certainly don't do personal shopping whilst talking to them. Oh and guess what, they expect me to have at least read their file before they pay good money to see me.

Take a hint Ms K 'cos all of the above are foreign to you.

I agree, she's one of my favourite presenters. No gurning, eye-rolling, stuttering, umm-ing & ah-ing, No finger stabbing, food shovelling, groaning with pleasure, gifting cupboard, lollipop lady. No dressing up dressing down. She's always well dressed and groomed.

She doesn't always research the products well though.

LOL! She says it like it is, in my opinion anyway and doesn't flower everything up to the hills! Always looks lovely and stylish. Maybe she doesn't do lots of product research but her fun impromptu words make her shows more interesting and light hearted to watch! :mysmilie_59:

And it's pretty boring watching them peddling the same products. That's one reason I don't watch QVC very much any more. It's as though they are on repeat mode (especially where the TSVs are concerned.)

But ............. I do like Jackie.

That's the thing people don't seem to be taking into account. There may be loads of brands but most of them are shilling the exact same thing with different fancy names. It must become tedious at times.

I know my job can become tedious, but luckily I am not on live tv in those moments.

I want CORRECT details and pronto - is that too much to ask. It is her job after all.

Joking about sort of okay if you are only using it as entertainment but if you actually want information she is a real pain in the but.

Latest posts

Back