Jackie Kabler Hair

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

catseye

Registered Shopper
I am watching Kipling show at 4pm and have taken a close look at Jackie Kabler. Her hair is really a terrible mess, it looks like straw, is very stiff and her white roots are showing along the parting Looks like she is wearing the same fake tan that a few of them have been wearing lately and it's making them all look yellow and jaundiced. I won't even comment on the eyebrows.

Her hair seems to be her trademark look as it always seems to have been a constant. I guess that makes it pretty hard for her to adapt the style to suit her aging and damaged hair. She's got a cracking figure and a nice face so her hair isn't everything I'm sure if she took the plunge she find something she loved but I'm guessing psychologically it's hard for her. maybe a trendy short crop in whatever colour she pleased would be the way to go. She could even do a 'Jessie J' and shave it for charity this may help her be braver if change is hard for her.

Question : if you go into your local M & S, and you think the cashier's hairstyle is so dated, and does not suit her, do you feel greatly offended, and tell her so? Or would you not think twice about it?

Question : if you go into your local M & S, and you think the cashier's hairstyle is so dated, and does not suit her, do you feel greatly offended, and tell her so? Or would you not think twice about it?

Question: why are you equating a face-to-face interaction in which appearance is irrelevant to a television saleswoman who has finely tuned and coiffured her appearance because that is a large part of her sales technique?

I am watching Kipling show at 4pm and have taken a close look at Jackie Kabler. Her hair is really a terrible mess, it looks like straw, is very stiff and her white roots are showing along the parting Looks like she is wearing the same fake tan that a few of them have been wearing lately and it's making them all look yellow and jaundiced. I won't even comment on the eyebrows.
I noticed it yesterday and thought the same as you. With all the wonder products they sell on Q they should all have fabulous hair,but sadly that's not the case.

Question: why are you equating a face-to-face interaction in which appearance is irrelevant to a television saleswoman who has finely tuned and coiffured her appearance because that is a large part of her sales technique?

You have answered your own question : "appearance is irrelevant."

Answer : If the cashiers at M&S class themselves as (or are) television personalities/celebrities then yes, I suppose appearance is everything, but seen as though they're nice down to earth people, there'd be absolutely no reason to say anything other than "thank you" to them.

I noticed it yesterday and thought the same as you. With all the wonder products they sell on Q they should all have fabulous hair,but sadly that's not the case.

Not everyone can have fabulous hair - even the most effective products can't make up for genetics, hormones, health, environment etc.

Having lived with 'bad hair' myself on and off through ill health I know that some things just can't be solved - that's why I try not to judge a person by the state of their hair as sometimes it's be beyond their control.

Besides, I think JK looks good enough to me... I don't find her shocking to look at.

I don't care what she looks like as nothing takes away from the fact that she is a poor presenter.

Don't like either her or her attitude. She wouldn't last a second in any job which experts you to know your stuff.

She's bored and boring and I keep wanting to slap her and tell her to shape up or get out. If I was her employer she would have had her P45 long ago.

She's bored and boring and I keep wanting to slap her and tell her to shape up or get out. If I was her employer she would have had her P45 long ago.

She does sometimes look like she'd rather be anywhere than QVC which sits badly with her audience. Yesterday, Marv commented about how JK was a bezzie mate because 'they were both journalist news anchor people'. When will they get it into their heads that they used to be news anchors: now they're just shopping telly hostesses. If they're really so above doing the job, why do they continue with it?

Not everyone can have fabulous hair - even the most effective products can't make up for genetics, hormones, health, environment etc.

Having lived with 'bad hair' myself on and off through ill health I know that some things just can't be solved - that's why I try not to judge a person by the state of their hair as sometimes it's be beyond their control.

Besides, I think JK looks good enough to me... I don't find her shocking to look at.
Im having difficulty finding the words 'shocking to look at' in my post!!!! I am perfectly aware people can have problems with the condition of their hair and skin due to all sorts of health and genetic problems.

I like JK - she's one of the few presenters I actually enjoy watching (particularly as there's always a twinkle in her eyes when she's flogging real crap).

She can't even google properly. Came out with totally inaccurate information about a brand of jewellery. The one she sang the praises of wasn't even on the same country as the one on Q. She was on her own that day so no ****** excuses for her.

Just because it was the first one which comes up on google she repeated it word for word.

This is only one of many examples I could give.

"Research" would perhaps be a bit over the top. They've got someone yapping in their ear, cue cards and a "brand ambassador" who's supposed to know the product stuff.

No I think "research" is exactly the right word, if she was demonstrating a product in a store she'd have to know what it is she's selling, mind you that's if she lasts till the end of the day, it's only QVC that allow its staff to either giggle with embarrassment or stand there with a face like a slapped arse.

Craftalot, Wouldn't it make a refreshing change if those who regularly get hot under their collar (or their Michelle Mone's in a twist) about an opinion on a shopping telly forum (wow, is that what those forum 'thingys' are for?) actually read what was written?
I didn't say that. Appearance is totally relevant if you are relying on it as part of your 'act'.

Last edited:
Bettyboo, see my post to Craftalot above. Shame some people seem to have difficulty reading posts before disagreeing with them.
Im having difficulty finding the words 'shocking to look at' in my post!!!! I am perfectly aware people can have problems with the condition of their hair and skin due to all sorts of health and genetic problems.

Latest posts

Back