I've really seen enough of that toilet brush ..............

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I use spray bleach (Parozone) from the pound shop. I find the the trigger spray distributes a fine mist of bleach making it very economical. One bottle lasts about 3 months. I don't think I'd plump for that brush as 1) I don't like toilet brushes and 2) It looks like an overpriced spatula,

How do you get off anything sticky,shall we say ,or does the spray bleach dissolve it?

How do you get off anything sticky,shall we say ,or does the spray bleach dissolve it?

I generally spray the bowl last thing at night at it seems to dissolve everything. I can recommend the Parozone. You get one big bottle for £1 and it's as good as Domestos.

Loo brushes harbour millions of ****❇y germs and need to be replaced frequently if you're not up to cleaning them by hand. I buy £1 ones and replace them every month. So can't see the need for these ones DF wants us to buy. Perhaps she doesn't do no 2s at home!

I generally spray the bowl last thing at night at it seems to dissolve everything. I can recommend the Parozone. You get one big bottle for £1 and it's as good as Domestos.

Wouldn't use either, as I only buy / use products which are not tested on animals. Asda does not use animal testing on it's own branded products.

Wouldn't use either, as I only buy / use products which are not tested on animals. Asda does not use animal testing on it's own branded products.

They wouldn't need to test bleach. Generic sodium hypochlorite was tested on animals in the 1970s (not by Asda). Quite why they needed to test it at all is beyond me. Anyone knows if you put bleach in eyes it will inflict great pain and suffering. The animals wouldn't have had a say. Personally I think they should have tested it on criminals of the worst kind - Ian Brady / Huntley etc. Stick it in their ****** eyes not some poor rabbits.

Although Asda state that they are against animal testing and fund research into alternatives, it doesn't mean that the product or any of the ingredients haven't been tested on animals at some point.

I always look for the leaping bunny symbol which means that the product has been approved by the BUAV so you can be sure it is cruelty free. I do not buy any products from Unilever, Proctor & Gamble or any of the major brands you can get in supermarkets. Just google these brands followed by animal testing and you'll see why. Astonish make some good stuff that is cheap and BUAV approved, Sainsburys, Co op and Superdrug also have BUAV approval for their own label toiletries and cleaning products.

Before patronising any brand of any product, I have to do extensive research. Although the individual ingredients may already have been tested, the finished product is then tested, be that on animals, or a humane method, as a way of dis/proving whether or not it is suitable for human consumption, unfortunately.

Using bleach every night can take the surface off enamel bowls in toilets because it`s corrosive. One of the best things to use around your toilet bowl at night is a good quality washing up liquid. Leave it on overnight and your toilet bowl sparkles when you flush the following day. Washing up liquid is the best degreaser there is and will remove errrr dried on particles shall we say and will thoroughly clean the bowl.

Would white vinegar be any good I wonder ...I swear by this stuff...I descaled my kettle better than anything I've used ......44p a bottle and used two ....with a little water to bring to the top ....brilliant and I clean wash machine with it ....and all sorts ..actually I'm goi g to google some more uses :mysmilie_59:

Although Asda state that they are against animal testing and fund research into alternatives, it doesn't mean that the product or any of the ingredients haven't been tested on animals at some point.

I always look for the leaping bunny symbol which means that the product has been approved by the BUAV so you can be sure it is cruelty free. I do not buy any products from Unilever, Proctor & Gamble or any of the major brands you can get in supermarkets. Just google these brands followed by animal testing and you'll see why. Astonish make some good stuff that is cheap and BUAV approved, Sainsburys, Co op and Superdrug also have BUAV approval for their own label toiletries and cleaning products.

Also Waitrose and M&S. I do not buy any household items from anywhere that hasn't proved, without a shadow of a doubt, that neither the ingredients or finished product has been tested on animals. I generally find the only trust worthy sign is the presence of the leaping bunny. Bleach is tested on animals, surely? There is a list of companies on one of the websites that is colour coded. One colour means that they say they don't test and have made some efforts, but it's not unequivocal. Asda is one of these companies. Can't remember which website it is, but will link when I find it.

I always look for the leaping bunny symbol which means that the product has been approved by the BUAV so you can be sure it is cruelty free. I do not buy any products from Unilever, Proctor & Gamble or any of the major brands you can get in supermarkets.
Just google these brands followed by animal testing and you'll see why. Astonish make some good stuff that is cheap and BUAV approved, Sainsburys, Co op and Superdrug also have BUAV approval for their own label toiletries and cleaning products.

Same here, that's the criteria I use too - unless a cosmetic and household product range appears on the go cruelty free website as being certified, I won't buy. Claims made by companies are generally too ambiguous, whereas those those that have certification are subject to independent audit. I like Method household products, some of them smell like beauty products

All Asda state on their products is that they 'are against animal testing', which is pretty ambiguous IMO.
I'm against paying taxes, but I still do it, so they may very well be against it, but it doesn't mean they don't do it IYSWIM?

I agree with the other posters, I only use products which are BUAV approved, which is generally Liz Earle, Co-Op & Superdrug for me. (I don't have a Waitrose or an M & S close enough to me unfortunately).

The only two products I use that aren't BUAV approved are AD Skin Synergy Oil & Australian Tea Tree soap from Holland & Barrett, but I did get in touch with both companies and I'm confident that the products are cruelty free.

I hadn't thought of putting washing up liquid round the bowl, will have to try that. One problem I have is that cleaner doesn't get to sit in the bowl for very long unless I am out dying the day, even then if my older boy, who works shifts, is in I can't guarantee it. Since I 'oat my colon ( sorry tmi!) I tend to get uo to the loo several times a night so it is constantly flushed.

Someone asked what is different about the brush: the main thing for me ( although I like its flexibility and it really does work) it doesn't gather anything that it cleans off. It literally rinses clean as you flush whereas ordinary brushes always seem to have little bits stuck to them :puke:

It is also supposed to be impregnated with an antibacterial product. All I know is the kids will use this one but wouldn't use the other type!

I don't know why all these toilet cleaners make such a big thing of cleaning ander the rim of the toilet bowl. Forgive my vulgarity, but I have not known anyone who could urinate under the rim of the toilet bowl and I have never noticed any limescale or problems. As foir "Toilet Duck," I always laugh at that. Why isn't it called "Toilet Chicken?" I remember in the late 80s I knocked a bottle of toilet cleaner of the shelf in the supermarket. The product was called "Frish." I don't know why that just popped into my head after all these years! FRISH! FRISH! FRISH! What a strange word! Toilet Duck! !!! Jeanne Byers approved... Along with all the sequinned jumper-wearing fans!

lime scale can develope under the rim and some urine can spalsh anywhere really,think it depends on the toilet being flushed each time of use as well and that doesnt always happen in my house much as I keep on about it.If I lived alone my toilet would need minimal cleaning.

I remember Frish but dont think i ever used it.I wouldnt have ever thought of it if you hadnt mentioned ....................

Latest posts

Back