I've found my long-lost QVC umbrella

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I bought a Windguard umbrella in 2004 when it was a TSV.

I was not used to carrying an umbrella, and only took it out with me ONCE when it first arrived, and never actually used it.

Next time I wanted it, I couldn't find it. I searched Strato Towers without success, so assumed I'd left it somewhere the first time I took it with me.

I've searched for it many times since, and also kept an eye open for it when looking for other things.

Today I was looking for something else, and FOUND IT in a very unexpected place.

I am so glad about this, I have always been angry with myself for leaving it somewhere (as I thought) and never even using it.

They currently cost £24 + £3-95 PP so almost £28, which is very expensive, I think you can get them in pound shops for (wait for it) £1.

It has made my day!

It's only taken 9 years.

PS My other mottos are "I have got one of those, but I don't know where it is" and, "I've searched everywhere, I just don't know where else to look".

Last edited:
I was looking for an OLD anorak to go out and prune a tree, because some branches had come down onto the ground with the weight of snow on them (and didn't go back after the snow melted).

I have an old-style coatstand in a cupboard with loads of coats on it, and the one I wanted was under lots of others.

After I had removed about 4 coats from one peg I discovered the umbrella underneath them all.

As it is a small folding umbrella, it was completely covered by all the coats, and obviously I hadn't needed that old anorak for over 9 years.

Been there, done that, got the T shirt Strato. When I remarried and moved house I had to empty cupboards, drawers, coat stands, wardrobes, the lot. It was amazing the stuff I found that I`d either forgotten about or thought I`d lost. I lose umbrellas regularly but I tend to leave them in shops, I put them down to get my purse out and then walk out of the shop leaving my umbrella behind. I`ve given over buying anything but the cheapo ones from the pound shop but must admit I have a real liking for the Galleria umbrellas which are so colourful.

You clearly don't need that anorak Strato if you haven't worn it for 9 years lol

your old fashioned cupboard sounds like my under the stairs cupboard it's full of old coats macs and wellies and I can never find the one I want.

I`ve given over buying anything but the cheapo ones from the pound shop but must admit I have a real liking for the Galleria umbrellas which are so colourful.

I love the Galleria brollies too, and bought an automatic one in a sale. It was lovely, but a) heavy, b) too long for most handbags, and c) disintegrated the first time I took it out in windy conditions. Not just the usual bust spoke, but the end cap came off and released the end of all the spokes! I had to throw my expensive purchase away, grrrr.

"It's always the last place you look!"

Well obviously! Why would you keep looking once you've found it!

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back