It's Craft Day!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Kathy

Does fuzzy logic tickle?
Is there anything more boring to a non crafter than a 24hr craft day? I know any 24hr show is too much but everyone can drop into the beauty/jewellery/fashion show for the odd half hour and find something to watch/buy or even laugh about. I know it only happens so many times a year, but for crying out loud they have a dedicated two hrs show every tuesday.Sorry for the rant but I feel a bit better now. Hide

There's two hours of craft once a week which isn't a massive amount compared to jewellery, clothes (you couldn't really call it fashion) or beauty.

There aren't many Craft Days each year (and they are generally in the week meaning a lot of people miss most of the shows) but every time there is we get the complaints from people who don't like crafts.

If it's one of the days that doesn't interest me I just don't watch and haven't got a problem with it. However today I've taken the day off and I'll be watching more or less all day and enjoying it!

There aren't many Craft Days each year (and they are generally in the week meaning a lot of people miss most of the shows) but every time there is we get the complaints from people who don't like crafts.

*puts hand up*......Was only joking, honest!

........today I've taken the day off and I'll be watching more or less all day and enjoying it!

Hope you have a great 'Craft Day' then & enjoy all the shows! :sun:

I hate craft days too. I find then really dull and boring, but then a day dedicated to anything is the same for me!!

I hate craft days too. I find then really dull and boring, but then a day dedicated to anything is the same for me!!

I'm exactly the same......find all 'themed' days pretty boring but each to their own I suppose. Don't tend to watch very much of QVC these days anyway so it's not a problem for me.

I'm exactly the same......find all 'themed' days pretty boring but each to their own I suppose. Don't tend to watch very much of QVC these days anyway so it's not a problem for me.

That's the thing BL, there's so much utter carp on QVC these days that I couldn't find it in my heart to deny or begrudge anybody the pleasure of a themed day on something they're actually interested in, even if it's not something I'm remotely interested in myself! lol

I think it wouldn't be so bad if they showed a real variety of crafts. I'm not a crafter and find the days very dull but when I do look in it seems that they're just showing page after page after page of things to stick on cards. What about stitchcraft, knitting and art etc. etc? Soft toy making, clothing patterns - there's loads of things out there.

Each to their own, but any themed day is boring though but I'm sure there's a lot more than 2 hours of craft each week on QVC? You get odd shows popping up all the time.

Last edited:
Good point Moth: there are a lot of other types of crafts out there, hadn't thought of that. The paper crafting must be very popular in comparison, I suppose - and if you had dexterity issues, I suppose the paper crafting is the business... and I suppose people sending cards is more popular than the other types of crafts. Not a crafter myself, but when I think back, I did do embroidery and loved it!

Good point Moth: there are a lot of other types of crafts out there, hadn't thought of that. The paper crafting must be very popular in comparison, I suppose - and if you had dexterity issues, I suppose the paper crafting is the business... and I suppose people sending cards is more popular than the other types of crafts. Not a crafter myself, but when I think back, I did do embroidery and loved it!

I'm sure they just show things that sell well, I imagine the other crafts don't make enough money for them. They have had other things in the past but don't seem to sell such a wide range now so I can only imagine it's the sales figures that have influenced them.

In answer to someone else's point that there are more than two hours a week of crafts, yes there are other shows here and there but actually not that many. Next week I think there are four hours in total and the week after three hours, so out of one hundred and nineteen hours a week that's not a lot. I would have counted the number of Diamonique hours but I haven't got enough fingers!

I love craft but detest craft days usually as it always seems to be the same selection of products repeated ad nauseum. Watched a bit earlier this morning and was surprised at how good the stuff was, perhaps the recession has improved this market sector :)

Is there anything more boring to a non crafter than a 24hr craft day? I know any 24hr show is too much but everyone can drop into the beauty/jewellery/fashion show for the odd half hour and find something to watch/buy or even laugh about. I know it only happens so many times a year, but for crying out loud they have a dedicated two hrs show every tuesday.Sorry for the rant but I feel a bit better now. Hide

Actually I hate the gold days and dimoneek and never tune in at all on those days.

Actually I hate the gold days and dimoneek and never tune in at all on those days.

Me too. I don't wear gold, have no interest in it and have more than enough diamonique and get bored with it quickly.
I've been watching Craft Day since I got back this afternoon and it's worthwhile if I only pick up a couple of tips all day.
I take the point that it should be re-named papercrafting day as they rarely feature anything else...

Its a day I dont really watch or have an interest in, but I dont mind anyone else having fun watching !....I do feel for all you "crafters" though !, its on days like this that QVC should have a "multi item" maximum postage offer, I am sure they would sell so much more :cheeky::flower:

Did they have Martha Stewart on? Is she on at 9pm? or was/is it a guest presenter?

I cannot believe they have her stuff on.

I never tune in to silver day or gold day or craft day but I still manage to spend my pennies on other days ! LOL!

I don't like themed days ... I do find with craft you have to be a millionaire to buy all the different kits etc ... I tried it once but realised it was a very very expensive hobby IMHO.. lol perhaps that's because I'm greedy, I had to have one of everyting

Did they have Martha Stewart on? Is she on at 9pm? or was/is it a guest presenter?

I cannot believe they have her stuff on.

It was a guest presenter called Alex. Have a look at the thread about the frutie twins!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back