It's coming back!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well they've taken on Sally and Peter S, so that can't that fussy about who they employ.
Okay will rephrase that judging by their existing presenters/guests and then taking on the two from IW they are definitely not fussy about who they employ, you only need to be a shyster and be able to spout utter bullshit for a few hours at a time.

Although thinking logically if i was in charge, none of the 4 have any attribute that would entice me to employ them, and that goes for some of the IW cast offs that have wormed their way into expert guests jobs
SJ back to Ideal World (TJC) as fast as her little legs could carry her... Ok, reassigned. Or maybe will appear on both IW & TJC ongoing.

No doubt PS to follow as also TJC.

Then the rest will jump ship, contracts permitting from SE, asap.

Last edited:
I’ve just had an email.
IMG_1165.jpeg

'and understand the void our absence might have created in your daily viewing routine ...'

Eh?
WHAT?!?

Let me get this straight, we ARE talking about the return of a selly telly thing, right? The way they're wording this return you'd think it was the return of the almighty.

I can picture it now, a slightly tweaked version of the Shop Extra intro, with them all walking into the studio, grinning ear to ear as if butter wouldn't melt. 'We're baaaaaaaaack!'

I said it about Shop Extra and I'll say it about this, it will largely be exactly the same as IW mk1. If folk are expecting anything dramatically different they're in for a shock ;)

This is interesting, from the social media of someone involved with TJC ...

Please share this post if you think you know anyone who may be interested! Any Floor Managers, Producers, MSOs, directors, engineers looking for TV work, we have jobs at our West London live TV shopping channel starting this week

I said it about Shop Extra and I'll say it about this, it will largely be exactly the same as IW mk1. If folk are expecting anything dramatically different they're in for a shock ;)
Yep, exactly. The note about expanding range and bringing you your favourite brands tells you it will be just like former IW and SE in terms of products, offerings and no doubt style.

Unless they know why the last IW incarnation went bust and wasn't down to lack of sales, poor profit margins, poor product range and just bad business mismanagement, then to do the same thing and expect a different outcome is madness, to quote Einstein.

I don't care about the new IW and whether it succeeds, I just don't want it to bring down TJC, as a happy customer of theirs and the original TJC to go under, as it's the best of the bunch and offers some good value if you know where to look and when to buy.

This is interesting, from the social media of someone involved with TJC ...

Please share this post if you think you know anyone who may be interested! Any Floor Managers, Producers, MSOs, directors, engineers looking for TV work, we have jobs at our West London live TV shopping channel starting this week
So guess that tells you the new IW will probably be co-located and coming from their existing Feltham TJC studio site.

The email looks like it came from Ideal World so obviously the new owners have got all the personal data from IW customers including order history etc. People not in the know will probably think Ideal World have just had a little holiday and are back with the family, friendship and fun.
I have spend a lot of money with IW over the years but mainly on branded items that were offered at good prices as I did my research before buying. I think it did go downhill when the ex Bid TV presenters joined, but I still watched and bought from the channel.

I‘ve been watching a Youtube channel called iDeal Whirled with lots of old footage and outtakes and it reminded me how the channel used to be. I liked Loen Love as she seemed to have a laugh and I don’t remember the hard sell and dubious sales tactics that we associate with IW now.

I know I’m sad, but I will be setting my dvd recorder for 6am on Friday to record the launch, just as I set my VHS recorder to record the first three hours of QVC 30 years ago.

On Sally's Facebook page, she says they are having a new studio built, will be ready in about 12 weeks.
Feltham or elsewhere? Maybe a studio fit-out on new, nearby or existing premises? West London indicates TJC Feltham, but for all I know they might have done a studio sharing deal with QVC in Isleworth!!!
There are loads of warehouse/office blocks that can be used as studios, if not pre-existing ones.

New IW starts in 2 days time, so they will either be sharing the TJC studios, or have created something quick to use nearby.

Maybe our ex-insider, @snakesnakesnake has some inside info.???

Last edited:
I know they've bought the brand and all the customer data etc so they can act like a continuation, but it ain't half strange to see the reanimated corpse speaking as though there ain't a new hand up its sally jacksy moving the mouth…

Are these emails going out to TJC customers or/and former IW customers? (be interesting to know if any IW only customers and people who never gave their details to TJC are being emailsed). There are data protection rules that exists for companies that go into insolvency and the use of the insolvent company's customer data base.
People may have given IW consent to use the personal details in certain ways (IW's privacy & data protection policies would detail that) when they signed up to IW, but that doesn't mean that a totally separate company can just buy those customer details off the administrator and start using those customer details to start emailing them with marketing guff.

Latest posts

Back