It's coming back!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think this would be the ideal opportunity to revamp the IW model. New presenters (maybe two or three known faces but balanced with new faces i.e. not all the same ex IW crowd) and a new mix of products. Yes some of the same products will no doubt remain (previous best sellers) however surely this is the time to try something new.

I think this would be the ideal opportunity to revamp the IW model. New presenters (maybe two or three known faces but balanced with new faces i.e. not all the same ex IW crowd) and a new mix of products. Yes some of the same products will no doubt remain (previous best sellers) however surely this is the time to try something new.

Basically: go full-on QVC, but with affordable, everyday products, less pretence, and more humour. Sell us things and tell us they are useful, that are quite good, that are value for money — not that everything is amazing, life-altering, best-in-class (until the next brand the next day), being sold for an absolute steal/giveaway/pricing error.

Like being honest with viewers, ie not feeding them with bullshit, lies and misinformation or exaggerating product worth & quality, oh wait sorry that won't work, those traits don't exist in the IW/TJC world so they'll just carry on as before.

You suspect they’ve taken the wrong gamble now. Interesting to see what happens to both Shop Extra and themselves with this apparent curveball thrown at them?

Not really. They're not employed by C&C / SE permanently, just jobbing freelancers or contracted. Doubt any contract in this SE experiment is longer than 6months?

Suppose it depends on the terms of their contract, if any non-competition for a period of time after leaving, like some employment contracts can mandate or stipulate, as to what period of time they can work for competitors after leaving.

Otherwise they just complete their contractual stint, or terminate it if possible under the contract terms, giving notice if needed, or complete 1,3, 6 months, don't renew or agree a new contract and off they go to a competitor on a new agency/freelance/contract.

Don't you worry, if IW(TJC) takes off and looks more successful, the rats will all come scurrying back to the honeypot.

Pretty sure you'll see some of them back on there in quick time.

Any comments they made were about the old IW owners/management, not the wonderful TJC new owners.

So, logically, PS & SJ will be first back on IW(TJC) as they already work on TJC now!!! 😲

Poor Den and Bouncing Bunny backed the wrong horse 🤭
Will the goddess brush down you know who,and comb his hair and send him out 🤣 to front another farce.
All will be revealed get your popcorn 🍿 ready !
What hair? 😜 👴
From one balding rapidly ageing GenX re another...

it was mentioned on here the other day whether Presenters would be happy to relocate

On the weighted blanket hour the day, Hayley and Creepy were talking about there 2nd Home in Peterborough, haven’t a clue where there other house is, It can’t be a badly paid job, telling lies and misleading, if you can afford 2 homes

Not so sure myself. I can’t see them being wanted. Time will tell.

Well they've taken on Sally and Peter S, so that can't that fussy about who they employ.
Okay will rephrase that judging by their existing presenters/guests and then taking on the two from IW they are definitely not fussy about who they employ, you only need to be a shyster and be able to spout utter bullshit for a few hours at a time.

Although thinking logically if i was in charge, none of the 4 have any attribute that would entice me to employ them, and that goes for some of the IW cast offs that have wormed their way into expert guests jobs.

What hair? 😜 👴
From one balding rapidly ageing GenX re another...

You know when you first get receding hair, you worry about how it looks, but as you get older that changes from worrying over appearance to the pratical effects of being bald, the ****** weather. Folks with hair don't know how lucky they are and how much protection your hair gives you from the elements. It's like torture sometimes. :ROFLMAO:

Can’t see Dean going back to IW, he seems to have his legs well under the table back at Create and Craft

If the new channel goes into fashion in a big way, his wife might end up there modelling so could follow her.

Although, which i'm not expecting, hopefully TJC employ models like QVC, where they are seen and not heard (or only very, very seldom). ;)

Sally Jack's is back on Ideal World, starts this Friday from 6am, with some familiar faces, and some new ones.

I wonder how much it'll look like TJC/TJC Beauty. They haven't bought the old IW studios, and I can't imagine they've hired/bought a new studio especially for it. Could make Shop Extra look spacious by comparison!

Latest posts

Back