It's coming back!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Who needs the NHS when you've got Dr Jacks! All of life's ailments resolved when you buy emu oil balm for £30 and now — dam da daaaaaah — emu oil capsules too.

Emu oil suppositories must be up next, surely…

Also, she keeps shrieking that everything she and the ventriloquist dummy next to her are flogging is "imperative" to take/have/use.

No dear, it's imperative you stop squawking.
Been ill for nine years I thought I heard her squeak on her Dummies presentation. Walks a fine line and crosses it at times in my view with her ‘medical’ guidance. I really couldn’t give a fu…about her ailments or her preaching to us about dealing with ours via some tablet or other. She‘d do well operating one of those early franchise Dr. Sally”s Magical Potions medical wagons, stopping at each town or outpost in the days of The Wild West. Then she began to drone on about the Plan…er Pandemic. Wasn’t that when she was selling a toilet roll starter kit on Ideal World for around £70? IW of the time, not trying to exploit the situation of those early dark days, then?

Been ill for nine years I thought I heard her squeak on her Dummies presentation. Walks a fine line and crosses it at times in my view with her ‘medical’ guidance. I really couldn’t give a fu…about her ailments or her preaching to us about dealing with ours via some tablet or other. She‘d do well operating one of those early franchise Dr. Sally”s Magical Potions medical wagons, stopping at each town or outpost in the days of The Wild West. Then she began to drone on about the Plan…er Pandemic. Wasn’t that when she was selling a toilet roll starter kit on Ideal World for around £70? IW of the time, not trying to exploit the situation of those early dark days, then?
Isn’t this the woman who had the worlds longest holiday?
Crossed the line with the toilet paper!
And of course made Rattan the longest show on UK shopping tv.
And now apparently is qualified (puts on white coat)to sell oil and potions.
Just wish ASA would start taking a serious look at shopping tv shenanigans 🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻

I only half listen to sally when she starts her «I’ve become an expert due to my illness story » mostly because how old Jack is, the timelines of how long she went undiagnosed and how long she’s been an expert at managing her illness don’t compute.

Walks a fine line and crosses it at times in my view with her ‘medical’ guidance.
This wasn't so much medical guidance but I was disgusted by Hayley on Shop Extra when watching a bit of the YT feed a few days back. They were flogging the weighted blankets. Fine, these blankets may indeed have certain benefits for certain people, I'm not disputing that. However Hayley took it a step further, faux sincere voice tone, went on to say if any viewers had maybe lost someone close and were missing a hug from them, one of their blankets could maybe help.

Nice Hayley, nice.

She'd have done great with the worry angels ...

Isn’t this the woman who had the worlds longest holiday?
Crossed the line with the toilet paper!
And of course made Rattan the longest show on UK shopping tv.
And now apparently is qualified (puts on white coat)to sell oil and potions.
Just wish ASA would start taking a serious look at shopping tv shenanigans 🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻
Modern day snake oil salespeople, nothing more nothing less.

Viewers need to engage their brains. If selly telly presenters are using half the pills, potions and creams they flog ... why do most of them very much look their age and still have ailments right left and centre?

It's all GUFF ;)

#EngageTheBrain

This wasn't so much medical guidance but I was disgusted by Hayley on Shop Extra when watching a bit of the YT feed a few days back. They were flogging the weighted blankets. Fine, these blankets may indeed have certain benefits for certain people, I'm not disputing that. However Hayley took it a step further, faux sincere voice tone, went on to say if any viewers had maybe lost someone close and were missing a hug from them, one of their blankets could maybe help.

Nice Hayley, nice.

Yeah it was disgusting, don’t any viewers actually complain

Nice Hayley, nice.

Nice Hayley, nice.

I find many of her sales pitches wildly inaccurate, generally toe curlingly offensive, and with a general and cynical scaremongering tone to quite a few. The hug some cheap blanket routine by both her and the man created from the plasticine box, I have to say, physically sickened me. Just the comfort I needed when my wife had died - not. Again, the ASA proving what a wet weekend of an so called enforcing standards organisation they like to portray themselves as in their ads.

I don't know what it is exactly about it but I simply cannot stand it. I suppose part of it is I can't stand The Jewellery Channel either with their outrageous and theatrical price starts. It all seems so cynically manipulative to me. Still, those poor old dears they feature from the local whist drive on the promo seen to be in love with it.

I know it is an early start in terms of what they're going to sell but the crap they had on air last night and the amount of time they spent on each item was horrendous to even comprehend trying to watch. They did two hours on a ****** pillow. Could be used as a very useful torture technique at Guantanamo Bay.

I also can't bear to see those smug faces that walked away from the previous channel when that went down back on as if nothing has even happened.

No. I'm afraid it's just not for me and is nothing like the channel it replaced and the channel that replaced and the channel that replaced and the channel that replaced and the channel that replaced...

Also noticed old Reg Varney is back doing the voiceovers. It really is a little club on wheels, isn't it?
😆 I 'ate yew butlahhhh!*

Latest posts

Back