It's coming back!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not sure about no personality, Natalia and her mate were funny, but maybe not for the right reason

I bet Shop Extra are making more money than this, we have slammed Shop Extra, but at least they have brands and companies people know
All of this stock it would seem is from TJC and is more expensive. I think they have made a huge mistake opening this channel. I use TJC quite a lot they do have some good bargains but this channel is beyond poor. A couple of TJC presenters on here imo are more professional. The others are poor not good at all. Peter Simons with his smutt, Sally with her screeching all send me to the off button.

I’ll repeat - it’s totally unwatchable. Boring presenters with no humour and no personality and equally boring, cheap products. Things you’d turn your nose up at walking round a downmarket car boot sale. Other than the logo it has absolutely no connection whatsoever with the previous channel’s style or products. A complete and shambolic embarrassment. Still, that’s enough about its good points.
Yeah I've noticed a few products that, when you look closely at the box, are evidently cheap unbranded items that can often be picked up cheaper elsewhere.

Maybe things will improve when they move to the new studio?

Do they do a branded anything? By that I mean something that is a regular high street name and easily price comparable elsewhere? Even the air fryer is some unknown make, isn’t it? Just box after unbranded box of unknown and unnamed things.

Do they do a branded anything? By that I mean something that is a regular high street name and easily price comparable elsewhere? Even the air fryer is some unknown make, isn’t it? Just box after unbranded box of unknown and unnamed things.
I don't watch enough of it to answer tbh, all I've seen is the odd 2-3 mins on YT. However I'd suspect based on the bits I have seen they have very little if any genuine big brands.

Theyve had some Leighton Denny Nail Care and Tangle Teezer brushes
I mean in anything that isn't cosmetics or makeup related, Jazzy. Something I can walk into a high street shop and find, or via a major internet website?

Sally has said you will find branded stuff coming up in next few weeks, this channel was definitely rushed

Why do they need branded stuff? Listening to Sally, everything she is selling is a high end luxury product, even the starts would want their stuff.

She's fairly getting back into her old IW mode, just wait won't be too long before she's constantly mention her different social media accounts.

Why do they need branded stuff? Listening to Sally, everything she is selling is a high end luxury product, even the starts would want their stuff.

She's fairly getting back into her old IW mode, just wait won't be too long before she's constantly mention her different social media accounts.
She already has !

Sally has said you will find branded stuff coming up in next few weeks, this channel was definitely rushed
The thing is, the same challenge will remain for them branded goods or not. That challenge being the prices they sell for vs Amazon etc. If they offer the combo of genuine big brands and great prices that might help, however I still feel they'll be up against it. Again, I'm not saying that in a poking fun or nasty way, I simply think this business model is dying.

Times change.

Nigel Farage's video message costs £74😳 (I just looked it up). I wouldn't pay 74p. Not sure whether he fell for the Hugh Janus one, or whether he didn't care cos he was getting paid
That's inflation for you! Different people had different rates, based on their 'star appeal'. I use the term loosely. And it was quite a few years ago too.
I think that was the same show where they showed a guy who would say anything on video for just £5! The 'snake-oil' internet sales adverts would use him as a fake testimonial, sometimes wearing a white coat, or saying a get rich quick scheme worked for him.

I think he is living to work, He wouldnt be able to work in Mainstream TV, any organisation that gave him a opportunity, would be scared he’d say something which would get ofcom involved
Said before that I'm surprised he hasn't popped up on some form of TV reality/cooking/chat/travel show. Maybe they don't want him, but I could see him on Coach Trip, or Come Dine with Me, Four in a Bed (fnarrr), First Dates celebs, Holiday swaps, 'wife' swap ... etc. Freezing with Wim Hoff. Like to see that one!!!
Anything where they get to comment and make remarks about fellow contestants and situations.

"Peter Simon is a former popular children's TV presenter and a television sales personality. With a passion for food and home cooking, watch him take on his fellow celebrities as he battles to compete to produce restaurant quality fine dining food that delights John & Greg on Celebrity Masterchef: the Oldies Edition..." 😜

Or Bake-off. Or Strictly? No. The main problem I guess is that outside of the TV shopping arena, and Boomers/GenX of a certain age who saw him on kids tv, he's not well-known enough to appeal to a wider demographic audience base. Something like SU2C or a charity thing to get better known.

I should be his agent. Probably he's happy with his settled life. Why change.

Its like watching Poundland TV. I literally can't bear looking at it for more than a few seconds.
Hang on, sorry, you can't have it both ways. One minute the channels are being slagged off for selling overpriced brands that are poor value, like Piranha, Rug Doctor, Vostok Europe, Swan & Edgar, Gamages, etc. Now you're criticising them for selling grey goods or cheaper stuff.
All of this stock it would seem is from TJC and is more expensive. I think they have made a huge mistake opening this channel. I use TJC quite a lot they do have some good bargains but this channel is beyond poor. A couple of TJC presenters on here imo are more professional. The others are poor not good at all. Peter Simons with his smutt, Sally with her screeching all send me to the off button.
Months ago I suggested a "pile it high sell it cheap" channel for cost of living times selling things people want, matching Wilko, B&M, middle of Lidl, etc.

Ok, maybe not the best stuff or selection, not fully near that, yet, and it's early days, but selling the cheaper TJC homeware and fashion stuff items from their website at lower item prices than the usual overpriced brand stuff on the former IW or SE is, to me at least, an improvement. And better than the same selection overpriced brand tat on Shop Extra.

Main problem is the IW pricing versus TJC value/deals.

Worried that the IW tag retained, "Home of Big Brands" means that Piranha, Rug Doctor, Greenworks, Swan/Gam/VE or equivalent will end up on IW too though. 'Hope not.

If they want to compete at SE/QVC level, would be good if they could sign decent value brands at proper bargain offer value. E.g. George Foreman grills, Tefal, Swan/Breville, Russell Hobbs, Beko, or equivalent grey goods that are the same or better quality for good better value.

But at the moment, cheap TJC items, that don't break the bank and gifts for Xmas might be the way to go. I prefer the strategy more than Shop Extra, anyway. And the new presenters'/style is better too.

Latest posts

Back