It Cosmetics TSV 22/01/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I haven't posted a link before. I only own one IT cosmetics brush, the dual ended complexion brush and the dupe in the five I bought is exactly the same.
Of the others I can only speak for the dupe with nothing to compare to from IT.
The big powder brush is soft, dense and feels luxurious, the flat foundation brush works like the rainforest of the sea one from tarte (I actually prefer it) however the handle wasn't fixed firmly in ferrule and I had to wiggle and re fix.
The eyeshadow brush is good but the short dense end is great for lining eyes in a gentle way without having to smudge out. The dual fibre blush brush seems a little sparse, I have only used with powder blush but it did give a natural cheek look.

Hope that helps and makes sense! I'm happy to answer any other questions you need answering :sun:
Sorry, then someone else posted that link, but I have seen it here on the forum somewhere. *blush*
Anyway, I as a one-brush-person think that I need one or two ;-) more brushes and was looking into the Real Technique ones, the prices at iherb are very good compared to the prices here in Germany or at Boots. The Core Collection is only $9 at RT directly but I cannot order it because I cannot change the country in the address field. That's a bit weird because they do ship to my country, it says so on the webpage.

I clicked on the link for the brush set but has anyone managed to order it? I can't seem to bring up that set from the photo or the 5 brush set in the listing.

I clicked on the link for the brush set but has anyone managed to order it? I can't seem to bring up that set from the photo or the 5 brush set in the listing.

Hope this link works
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222235353526?clk_rvr_id=1157800328394&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

ps It didn't work

Try to chose this option in the drop down menu for this set of brushes

5 pc.JPG

5 pc 2.JPG

Sorry, then someone else posted that link, but I have seen it here on the forum somewhere. *blush*
Anyway, I as a one-brush-person think that I need one or two ;-) more brushes and was looking into the Real Technique ones, the prices at iherb are very good compared to the prices here in Germany or at Boots. The Core Collection is only $9 at RT directly but I cannot order it because I cannot change the country in the address field. That's a bit weird because they do ship to my country, it says so on the webpage.

Cannot compute 'one-brush-person' I am a living nightmare, I just love them. I confess I have bought brush collections just because I really wanted them and they were beautiful, too beautiful to use and spoil so bought another set to use. I know, there is no hope for me I have gone too far down the brush fetish road LOL

I'm not sure that it's wise to take the reviews of Sub1 too seriously as she has posted a total of 41 reviews and 29 of them are 1 star, overall average of 1.6. If you are so disappointed with most of your purchases why continue to keep buying stuff? I hope everyone who ordered it is pleased with their purchases.

Hehe, you are right Pandora, I've just looked at her history, the reviews for skincare and cosmetics are one star, and the most recent Perricone TSV is amongst those. I think she is going to get The Letter soon.

Cannot compute 'one-brush-person' I am a living nightmare, I just love them. I confess I have bought brush collections just because I really wanted them and they were beautiful, too beautiful to use and spoil so bought another set to use. I know, there is no hope for me I have gone too far down the brush fetish road LOL

I'm just as bad Sooze, quite heartening to know I'm not the only one! I even have multiples of ones I really like.

I haven’t got the multiples but the number of the ones I have I think around between 30 and 40. I thought may be selling some on eBay but never got round to it. I saw people sell used ones, washed and disinfected.

I'm disappointed with the TSV. The light looked a great match for me in daylight but in artificial light I look orange - very odd. It's also very drying on me . The concealer is literally white and thick like toothpaste �� I can't see any way I could use it. Worse though is the fact the powder compact arrived damaged, powder is cracked all around the perimeter. The annoying thing is I'm already waiting for a reply from qvc about the Fitbit which stopped working after 2 weeks and the tooth whitening I bought my daughter which the timer doesn't work and the product itself is a miss-sell in my opinion. I'm expecting 'the letter' questioning my returns any day ��

That's SO unfair when the products are obviously unfit for purpose. You wouldn't get banned from a high street shop for returning faulty goods!

Received my TSV in Medium this afternoon. First impressions – too yellow/orange on my skin.
The CC consistency is very nice though and spreads very well on the skin. The under eye is very thick but applies well and not shiny like was on the tele. The powder is very light and tones down the CC cream.
I will need to play with it but have a feeling it’s not going to suit my skin tone whatever I do.
The brush is very nice. And there was I small sample of Confidence in a Jar crème.
Also each product is boxed individually unlike other brands TSV.

Got mine today.
Just had a bit of a try. The concealer is very thick. At first I thought there was something wrong with the tube, squeezed & squeezed but couldn't get anything to come out. Thought is it empty?Is it blocked? So got a pin & shoved it down the hole. Some on the pin when it came out so not empty then. Tried again squeezing for all I was worth & got a tiny bit out. It's good & pale, Light ( have we all got that shade in the kit with every CC colour?) but very hard to spread & looks cakey on. I don't have dark circles.
CC cream is better, bit yellow & not as lightweight cover as I'd expected so not sure about that. Really like the powder but already have the loose version so was expecting to like that. Brush is fine
It all came nicely presented in a tray in the outer box, each item seperately boxed & sealed.
Will try it for a while & decide later whether to return it.

Today was my first full try of the kit & I am very pleased.I am used to the concealer, just use a small amount & blend very well with the brush.I expected the Medium CC cream to be too dark for me but it isn't.I use medium in LG B&B but only in the summer.I think those who ordered the Fair thinking it the Medium would be too dark will be looking like ghosts.I like the finish & consistency & although from the demos I thought it would be heavy & cakey, it isn't. This game is very hit & miss & in the past I have vowed not to buy foundation from Q, I took a chance & this time looks as though it is OK.

Got mine yesterday and am very impressed! Medium is the right shade for me. Haven't tried the powder yet, but very pleased with the CC cream, concealer and brush. May get that dupe brush set though so I have a spare of the brush! The CC cream feels very cooling on the skin, was fragranced, which surprised me and you need very little of it or the concealer. Happy that there's a new range at QVC for a change.

I think that it’s growing on me after having used it for a couple days and I love how easy CC applies but the jury is still out on the shade (medium) and the Compact. Love the concealer but not sure I'll pay for it separatly. Has anyone noticed that CC is drying on the skin? I’ve read it in some of the reviews and have to agree with it.

I've usd my TSV for he last 2 days and quite like it - in medium.
It looks quite orange on the back of my hand, but blends out to the correct colour on my face. I find I need 2 pumps to cover my face and neck and it's not completely full coverage. It seems to cover all redness and dark circles, with concealer, but I still get a few natural colourings coming through - makes it look more natural, maybe I'm brushing it too much.
My skin feels quite cool after application too.
I will be keeping the auto delivery, but also keep using my Tarte foundations too - I like to change my foundations depending on time of year, coverage required, time needed to apply and my skin condition.
It is quick to apply and will be good for travelling as it can replace a few products.

I've noticed that CC has very good staying power. I put it on the back of my hand and then pick it up with the brush.
After finishing my make up I wash my hands but see a light stain where the foundation was until around afternoon and I am good at washing my hands and do it often. I didn't scrub off the stain deliberately, just normal wash with liquid soap.

Tried mine today & quite impressed as well. I ordered the light which is a good match for my skin. I'm light in Doll 10 hydra gel foundation. I usually go for the shade next to the palest of most foundations. Used all the products & was really happy with the finished look. Will be keeping mine��

Latest posts

Back