Is New CID any good?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Eyeshadows, well as a matter of fact a lot of Smashbox ,is now made in China and reviews have been very critical of the drop in quality

Yes but Smashbox have now relaunched their stuff in the US anyway(hasn't hit us yet), and big improvement in the texture,pigment and quality. The single eyeshadows you bought from justbeautydirect and at a counter no complaints only the ones in TSVs. They where the only ones made in China the rest are usually the US.

Having only used eyeshadows from Smashbox that have been in TSV's (namely the Christmas one just gone and a trio purchased in 2008) I think I must be missing something as they are both fantastic, at least on me. Also what's all this China obsession? The formulation of cosmetics is what it is, no matter where it is manufactured. You will get differences in packaging quality sometimes, but not the "recipe" of the product, surely? I reckon some people see "made in china" on the label and turn up their noses. It may be sometimes justified with fashion, as they are mass produced beyond belief once they are sent the pattern\design. But if sent an ingredients formulation they must stick to it, and probably have very high tech machines to do it all, but their quote for the manufacture is less than the rest of the world because their overheads are much much less, and the human rights issues of course, no working hours directive or minimum wage over there......

Heard JF raving about the mascara saying it was fab and she never uses anything elso. Hmmmmmmmmmmm i am sure she said this about Mally's.

You're right, she did. Watched some of the show last night and she "couldn't live without" the New CID Mascara, just like she "couldn't live without" Mally's last time she was on.

Having only used eyeshadows from Smashbox that have been in TSV's (namely the Christmas one just gone and a trio purchased in 2008) I think I must be missing something as they are both fantastic, at least on me. Also what's all this China obsession? The formulation of cosmetics is what it is, no matter where it is manufactured. You will get differences in packaging quality sometimes, but not the "recipe" of the product, surely? I reckon some people see "made in china" on the label and turn up their noses. It may be sometimes justified with fashion, as they are mass produced beyond belief once they are sent the pattern\design. But if sent an ingredients formulation they must stick to it, and probably have very high tech machines to do it all, but their quote for the manufacture is less than the rest of the world because their overheads are much much less, and the human rights issues of course, no working hours directive or minimum wage over there......

You might be right, I certainly am guilty of thinking products made in China will be inferior quality. I think it stems from my time there. I was hooked on diet pepsi/coke and the stuff they sell out there in the bottles is horrible because the water they make it with is treated different even though the formula itself is the same.

i was flicking last night and i let out a very loud gasp when i saw jill never have i seen her look so bad sooooo over made up i was proper shocked lol they were obv trying to get us to buy but it put me off i don't want to look like an 80's throwback really wasn't a good look for JF never been tempted to buy now definetly won't

I've tried the lipstick only because it was included in a beauty box I get from Carmine every month. Very nice lipstick but wouldn't pay full price for it. Smells nice, good colour payoff, quite moisturising and good colour selection but doesn't really last that long. Rumour is that Carmine will team up with New CID again soon as the lipstick was a big hit with the subcribers.. so I might get to try more things from them.

I asked in House of Fraser if they had an Bobby Brown gel eyeliner and was guided to CID eyeliner, saying they are very similar. I paid over £20 for a small palette of three eyeliners that completely dried up within a few days. I did mention it to a CID sales assistant the next time I went in there [knowing that nothing would be done but I had to mention it] but was told that I couldn't have closed it tightly enough. As this purchase was for a special occasion, I knew that this was not so, I even keep my products in the original cartons. I've never been so disappointed in a product so much before and they deserve to be taken away from House of Fraser!
Point is if I'd bought from QVC, I'd have got my money back so I've learnt my lesson!

Latest posts

Back