Is Marv for real?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you demean yourself for watching "selly telly"! Nothing wrong with watching QVC, nothing wrong with buying from QVC, nothing wrong with buying elsewhere!. Nothing wrong with working for QVC either. I too think the presenter-bashing is pathetic.

Maybe she needed a change. Maybe she wanted a different challenge. Who knows why people make the career decisions they do. Not everyone is driven to get to the top. Some like to have portfolio careers, where they work in one particular field, while also writing on the side or running a business. I know people who worked in jobs with crazy hours and they just got burnt out and retrained in something less stressful. It all comes down to personal choice.

Off topic, although it's a similar thing, the producer Brian True-May was sacked from Midsomer Murders because he wouldn't put any black people or ethnic minorities in the show. They gave him the chance but he said no because Midsomer is supposedly the last quintessential part of Britian, so he was sacked. QVC reasons for hiring any presenter is purely down to money, the northerner, the posh one, the young one, the older one and yes even down to a black female and black male presenter. QVC don't want to miss one single customer by stating discrimination, boycott buying because there's no presenter to represent them, so in that aspect, Thatu is absolutely right.

for decades though qvc have not had a black female presenter. does not stop black customers buying i'm sure.some people like marverine some dont. some like her selling style some dont. qvc have always had models black, white, asian ,tall fat, thin, shorter etc so i dont believe marverine is on qvc purely based on her skin tone. they sacked joy who was quite a popular model on qvc for many years

Off topic, although it's a similar thing, the producer Brian True-May was sacked from Midsomer Murders because he wouldn't put any black people or ethnic minorities in the show. They gave him the chance but he said no because Midsomer is supposedly the last quintessential part of Britian, so he was sacked. QVC reasons for hiring any presenter is purely down to money, the northerner, the posh one, the young one, the older one and yes even down to a black female and black male presenter. QVC don't want to miss one single customer by stating discrimination, boycott buying because there's no presenter to represent them, so in that aspect, Thatu is absolutely right.

i remember reading this and thought it odd. why should they sack him for not being politically correct. but demographic can change. just not overnight if ever. i believe black people make up less than 1% of the population. they may live is some towns and cities but not all.

For decades there hasn't been many black female shopping TV presenters to choose from, I know, I've had Sky since day one and I can only think of two, not including Marv, in all these years.

i remember reading this and thought it odd. why should they sack him for not being politically correct. but demographic can change. just not overnight if ever. i believe black people make up less than 1% of the population. they may live is some towns and cities but not all.

It's not odd at all, they didn't sack him for not being politically correct, they sacked him for being racist, which of course he wasn't but they called him it anyway. He wanted Midsomer based on a predominantly white, eccentric pocket of the British countryside so because he wouldn't change his ideals, he was sacked.

It's not odd at all, they didn't sack him for not being politically correct, they sacked him for being racist, which of course he wasn't but they called him it anyway. He wanted Midsomer based on a predominantly white, eccentric pocket of the British countryside so because he wouldn't change his ideals, he was sacked.

putting it in context thats daft but they still show midsummer and hes more than likely still working as we speak. doing very nicely even. the british countryside would be predominantly white thats obvious. oddly it would be a white person that sacked him. not a black person.

so, so true, shopperholic, this is exactly what it comes down to with Q. The "subtle racism" comment was nonsense of course, and totally ignored the point Thatu was making. It's down to box-ticking to make sure all areas are covered (oops, I said 'box-ticking' again - prepare for onslaught from Angry of Mayfair!!).:mysmilie_14:

Whats, thanks for that - very informative. I've noted your views on my tick-box form.

If it's ill informed to directly quote other posts, then we're all guilty and should all be deleted. My agenda is to express my opinion as others have done. To accuse one particular presenter of being appointed only because they "tick a box" is in my opinion, offensive, whilst to some it seems to be perfectly acceptable. I don't have to agree with everything that is said here and I did not label anyone. If you can't take some criticism, don't make the remark in the first place.

so, so true, shopperholic, this is exactly what it comes down to with Q. The "subtle racism" comment was nonsense of course, and totally ignored the point Thatu was making. It's down to box-ticking to make sure all areas are covered (oops, I said 'box-ticking' again - prepare for onslaught from Angry of Mayfair!!).:mysmilie_14:

Run H! Run!.............:giggle:

Craftalot, I've come to the conclusion that certain people have problems reading what has actually been written, and would prefer to comment on what they think has been said. Sad, really.

Nobody said it was wrong. Neither did anyone say it was being viewed negatively. It's an observation - just that. Why are people's posts being taken out of context and changed to make it sound like the original poster said something she didn't?

If QVC were tick boxing, which is utter nonsense, they would not have two black presenters. After Craig, they would have hired an Asian female, not Marv, which would have been more representative of the demographic.

I don't have to agree with everything that is said here and

I did not label anyone - whatsinaname

(1) No, you don't. Nobody ever will because views are so conflicting.

(2) Yes, you did. You labelled me racist. Racism is never "subtle".

Ericsmum, read your post #5 in this thread before taking the moral high ground.

Not just a PhD. There's an MBA too. Not the common-or-garden Masters in Business Administration, no. It's the Most Bulls!?t Award.

Yes EricsMum........it would be a slap in the face if she read this wouldn't it? Such hypocrisy.

Perhaps they have TWO sets of tick boxes, hence Craig AND Marv? Anyway, thanks for your views, contradictory as always, but much appreciated, now off to watch paint dry which is definitely more interesting than your posts...

If QVC were tick boxing, which is utter nonsense, they would not have two black presenters. After Craig, they would have hired an Asian female, not Marv, which would have been more representative of the demographic.

thatu, So right - some people have very short memories, don't they?

I don't have to agree with everything that is said here and

I did not label anyone - whatsinaname

(1) No, you don't. Nobody ever will because views are so conflicting.

(2) Yes, you did. You labelled me racist. Racism is never "subtle".

Ericsmum, read your post #5 in this thread before taking the moral high ground.

shopperholic Well said - love it! Is that what's known as being hoist with your own petard? Be sure your sins (or previous forum comments) will find you out! Convenient memory loss on someone's part??? Who me, Guv? Not me....

QUOTE=shopperholic;816102]Yes EricsMum........it would be a slap in the face if she read this wouldn't it? Such hypocrisy.[/QUOTE]

shopperholic Well said - love it! Is that what's known as being hoist with your own petard? Be sure your sins (or previous forum comments) will find you out! Convenient memory loss on someone's part??? Who me, Guv? Not me....

QUOTE=shopperholic;816102]Yes EricsMum........it would be a slap in the face if she read this wouldn't it? Such hypocrisy.
[/QUOTE]

What?......when?......who said that? :mysmilie_13:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back