Is it really diamonique? Surely they're real diamonds!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

racy1975

Registered Shopper
Just received a newsletter about today's diamonique day with a few pictures of pieces. Clicked on one of the pics of a really nice ring to be taken to the site. £225 on 2x EP for a silver diamonique ring! (item no 605379)
Seriously £225 for silver and diamonique! I know you couldn't buy a 2ct diamond ring for that but it's silver! and not even a genuine gemstone!
Item no 604492 is £50.50, ok it's silver but at least it's Tanzanite, a REAL gemstone!
Is it me or are the prices for Diamonique getting ridiculously stupid?

In todays climate, even if you can afford it, who really needs a daimonique and silver ring? I hardly spend any money on jewellery these days and only spend money on spectacular bargains such as a the Lola Rose sale item.

Last edited:
I've never been able to understand why someone would want to wear fake diamonds. Despite what they say on QVC, ANYONE tell never mind a jeweller.

i love diamonique. it depends on how big it is whether it looks real or not. there are dozens of nice looking pieces for well under £20. one of qvc sucess stories

I like diamonique. I like all that sparkles. I tend to buy the small carat pieces such as 1 carat pendants, 5 earrings. I don't think that most people can tell the difference.

There are loads of things that I would like today but probably will not buy anything.

i dont really want any of the silver pieces anymore but love the 14ct gold that i have had since qvc first sold diamonique.

I think the price of QVC silver jewellery is ridiculous and I would not buy it. I used to buy lots of jewellery from Q both gold and silver years ago but not anymore. I buy my silver from a small family run business who have been trading for about 70 years and their prices are a fraction of QVC.

I think the dot's in the wrong place (item 605379). The original price is £30.25 crossed out marked down to £22.50, ezpay £11.25. Hope that's what's happened anyway otherwise Q's gone stone bonkers mad !!!

I've never been able to understand why someone would want to wear fake diamonds. Despite what they say on QVC, ANYONE tell never mind a jeweller.

I wear eeks alongside the real thing. Nobody can tell the difference. Givaways CAN be the settings and IMO, ALWAYS the weight, but unless I take the ring off for somebody to try on, which I often do, how would they know. My most useful eeks are a pair of platinum clad band rings set with tiny, almost individually set stones, which enhance almost every other ring, real or otherwise, that I own.

My Alison Young ring has attracted a lot of attention from the kind of people that wear the real thing! Personally, I think you can get such good 'fakes' these days that I wouldn't know the real thing from an eek. If I see someone with a big stone I usually think it's not real; which is quite sad really. But then again, I am not into jewellery so am in no position to comment! :rolleyes:

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Just remembered that I came across a woman with the AY ring on alongside lots of other rings, so she was obviously really into her jewellery. I blurted out that I had the same ring, from Qvc and her face just dropped!! All her colleagues stopped in their tracks and one said "qvc eh?". She had obviously told them a different story. I could have died!! I made a hasty retreat before she started beating me :eek:

Just tuned in, Craig is on. Who is that Alison with him? Is she the model or the guest presenter? She has the most un-enthusiastic voice I have ever heard!!

Wish the powers that be would realise we would rather have someone who actually knows and enthusiases (is that a word?!) about the products rather than vacuous eye candy :banghead:

Just received a newsletter about today's diamonique day with a few pictures of pieces. Clicked on one of the pics of a really nice ring to be taken to the site. £225 on 2x EP for a silver diamonique ring! (item no 605379)
Seriously £225 for silver and diamonique! I know you couldn't buy a 2ct diamond ring for that but it's silver! and not even a genuine gemstone!
Item no 604492 is £50.50, ok it's silver but at least it's Tanzanite, a REAL gemstone!
Is it me or are the prices for Diamonique getting ridiculously stupid?

err 605379 is not £225 as its an "Introductory Price £27.48" but you aint seen the pieces over £500

Item 605379 on air as IP 27.48 - 3 ezpays 9.16. Can't get their facts right can they !!! Tsk tsk.

I like a bit of eek. To me it's fun, high end fashion jewellery. It's in precious metal and in my price range usually in silver ... which I love ... so it still gets my vote. I'm not bothered whether it looks like diamonds or not. I'd never say it was diamonds. If anyone asks I always say "oh it's a bit of glass". It is what it is. What does it matter if someone knows it's not a diamond ... I bought it knowing it wasn't.

One of my friends is the Queen of QVC and got me hooked but she mixes and matches eek and real diamonds and even though I know she wears both I am still sometimes fooled by her eek.

If you love it then buy it. If you don't then don't buy it. If you want to pass it off as a real diamond then by all means do but don't let anyone get hold of it because as soon as they do they'll know. The weight of the piece is completely wrong for real diamonds.

I do have a 14kt gold eek ring which is lovely but you only have to look at the band to know it's a fake. Far too thin.

1 o'clock show

They say one of their Cs for eek is LowCost, but £80+ isn't low IMO. The changing hair colours of the presenters are going to keep the webmaster busy updating their photos. I, personally, find Anna's colour harsh. The close-ups of the manicures of TheHuntley and CatherineTheModel show their nails are impeccable. Anna's? Fire the manicurist, me thinks.

Latest posts

Back